ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 05-11-2010, 02:23 AM   #41
pud333
Master of the Universe
Re: Iron Man 2

What I wrote on Cybertron:

Quote:
It was okay. Too much of Tony Stark goofing around. I know they tried to do this whole character bit but it was just boring. I really didn't care if Tony was sick or not. Just wanted him to get past his daddy issues already and just put the suit on. I felt a lot of the laughs fell flat, as was indicated by the distinct lack of any laughter through most of the supposed funny bits.

Whoever cuts the trailers for these IM films should be fired. All anyone needed to do was to watch the trailer and they would have seen IM2. Like the first one, the trailer basically showed everything the movie had to offer. I felt the film was just starting to get good, and then it ended. The final battle was lame. It's almost like they ran out of money and cut the battle short or something.

The best part of the film was definitely the Monaco race scene with Whiplash. That was cool. I really liked the suitcase armor. As a director, I think Jon improved, especially in the action sequences. Overall, this movie definitely was a place holder. It just felt like everyone was waiting for the Avengers movie.
Old 05-11-2010, 03:48 AM   #42
UltraPrimal
Super Friend

Did anyone notice that the scene with Tony and Pepper on the plane in trailer isn't in the actual film? Just to be clear, it's the part where Tony(in suit without helmet) asks her for a "kiss for luck". So she kisses his helmet and throws out the plane door and says, "go get 'em, boss!" Then Tony jumps out while saying, "you complete me!" And then the next thing you see is him, with helmet on, flying through the fireworks. Landing at the Stark Expo. Etc. In the movie, he just jumps out the plane in full armor, no Pepper.

At least that's what I remember. I was kind of disappointed by that. I wanted to see more of Tony and Pepper's relationship. Maybe in the Blueray/DVD release they'll include some deleted or alternate scenes, like they did with the first Iron Man.

They could have flushed out Whiplash's character more too. What was the deal with bird, anyway?

Hammer was a lot better than I initially thought he would be. I wouldn't mind seeing him in Iron Man 3. Or who knows, maybe he'll have a part in the Avengers movie. Or at least the video game version. The Hammeroids would make great cannon fodder.
UltraPrimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:32 AM   #43
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by UltraPrimal View Post
Did anyone notice that the scene with Tony and Pepper on the plane in trailer isn't in the actual film? Just to be clear, it's the part where Tony(in suit without helmet) asks her for a "kiss for luck". So she kisses his helmet and throws out the plane door and says, "go get 'em, boss!" Then Tony jumps out while saying, "you complete me!" And then the next thing you see is him, with helmet on, flying through the fireworks. Landing at the Stark Expo. Etc. In the movie, he just jumps out the plane in full armor, no Pepper.
Yeah, I noticed that too. It's amusing that the trailers showed pretty much everything important that happened in the movie, and then some.

As for the Hammer Droids, they would definitely be good cannon fodder. I did enjoy all the oil splashing onto IM and WM during that battle. Nice touch.
Old 05-12-2010, 11:44 AM   #44
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

I am going to see this tonight! Work can't end fast enough, I am so excited! Really looking forward to the scene at Monaco!

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #45
bambam
Super Friend

Quote:
They could have flushed out Whiplash's character more too. What was the deal with bird, anyway?
The bird was not in the original script. It was added at Mickey Rourke's insistence. He's a huge animal lover. You can his interview here: RourkeWhiplashInterview
bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 03:09 PM   #46
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Before reading that interview, I was racking my brains trying to figure out when Whiplash ever had a bird in the Iron Man comics.

Facebook
Old 05-12-2010, 03:14 PM   #47
Autobot Prime
Krypton 4 life!!

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bambam View Post
The bird was not in the original script. It was added at Mickey Rourke's insistence. He's a huge animal lover. You can his interview here: RourkeWhiplashInterview
I voowant my booerrd!!! I vowant MY boerrd!!!! i love it!!
Autobot Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 01:05 PM   #48
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Saw Iron Man 2 this past Wednesday with my wife, brother and a few friends and we all agree it was awesome! Yes, the story was not on par with the original, but it was still fun and so action packed that you can really let those elements slide in exchange for just watching a fun summer popcorn flick! Loved Stark's new additions to his garage, especially the R8 convertible and Holden Effigy in his garage!

And nothing was cooler than watching Stark and Rhoes duke it out and trash that poor penthouse.

End fight was good, but could've been more, I'll admit. Still Awesome, Awesome, Awesome on all levels and a deffinate purchase when it's released on DVD and Blu-Ray!

Facebook
Old 05-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #49
Deth By Metal
Red Shirt
Thumbs up Re: Iron Man 2

Got him at the st clair runnymeid walmart in toronto
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture 3.jpg (9.7 KB, 16 views)
Deth By Metal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 09:00 AM   #50
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

^^ Nice! Just got my 6" Mark V on Friday at the Newmarket Wal-Mart.

Facebook