ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 06-17-2010, 09:48 PM   #21
Darthscythe604
Red Shirt
Re: Flavour of the Week

For me it's the Prince of Persia 3 3/4 figures. Love the details
Darthscythe604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2010, 02:54 PM   #22
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

DC Universe Classics Wave 10 Batman. Yeah, it's the same sculpt as Series 1 from two years ago, but being a HUGE fan of the original Burton flick with Michael Keaton and Jack Nicolson, this Batman figure is the best rendition of Burton's take on the character you can get!

Love the fact this piece comes with, not only a Batarang, but also the Bat-Computer from Batman Returns, and it's quite detailed and further fits the Burton approach Mattel took with this figure!

One of the best, no doubt in my mind!

Easily 5/5

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 09:06 PM   #23
CardiacArrest
Cobra Trooper

i would have to say the jonah hex figures, never knew anything about the charachter, comic, or movie, but im a sucker for cool looking western figures, and these are the shizzit!
CardiacArrest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #24
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Yet another Star Wars comic pack for me this week: Featuring Fenn Shysa & Dengar, it features Marvel's Star Wars #68 and was released in 2008 on the blue and white cards as the sixth set in the series for that year.

Shysa looks awesome and I waited forever for a figure of the future Mandalore to be released! I always wanted one that would do him justice, and Hasbro, surpringly, delivered this time around! Sure, he's just a repaint of Evolutions Jango with a new head, but it works. The Dengar figure included in this set is awesome as well and I just love the comicesque coloration Hasbro did on him!

Two bad-ass bounty hunters for the price of one? Plus a free comic? This set is all kinds of win, if you ask me, and really, sets like these are what probably could've kept the Star Wars comic 2-packs going strong instead of fizzing out into extinction later this year.

Fenn Shysa & Dengar -5/5

Facebook

Last edited by Prowl_2009; 06-30-2010 at 01:32 PM.
Old 06-30-2010, 01:41 PM   #25
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Catching up on MU figures for me.
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 02:42 PM   #26
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

I've been opening my 3.75" collection the past week, and I can't get enough of ROC figures right now.. Not so much the early waves and the movie charaters but all the others are so top notch! Also been opening my MU I absolutely love moon knight and Venom.. Who cares that he has no knee articulation he looks so bad ass!
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 03:04 PM   #27
Darth Wave
Red Shirt

believe it or not... but for me it's been Spudtrooper (Mr. Potato Head) I've been playing w/ my kid who loves that toy!
Darth Wave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 06:29 PM   #28
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by pattycakeman View Post
I've been opening my 3.75" collection the past week, and I can't get enough of ROC figures right now.. Not so much the early waves and the movie charaters but all the others are so top notch! Also been opening my MU I absolutely love moon knight and Venom.. Who cares that he has no knee articulation he looks so bad ass!
IF you liked the later ROC waves, just wait for POC! That's really gonna be awesome.

Right now, my ROC Dragonhawk is getting lots of off shelf time. I love that thing. Though when my Revoltech Batman comes in the mail, chances are it may replace it as flavour of the week.
Old 07-11-2010, 11:32 AM   #29
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Transformers PCC Smolder is getting some serious love this week! Paint and sculpt is flawless, this is one bad ass looking Decepticon Commander. The colors are vibrant and beautiful on both Commander and, surprisingly, Mini-Con. Articulation is good for a figure of this size and he's bigger, heavier and seems better made than most Scout class pieces released by Hasbro. Honestly, Smolder is awesome and he looks totally wicked sittigng on my nightstand brandishing his Chopster Battle-Ax!

Hasbro has done it again!
PCC Smolder w/ Chopster easily score 5/5!

Facebook
Old 07-29-2010, 12:01 PM   #30
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Transformers PCC Huffer is getting all the attention this week. Love the paint apps on this guy and the robot mode is a nice, updated throw-back to his G1 counterpart. He doesn't seem as solid as Smolder, but there really are no build quality issues with this piece that can't be overlooked. Alt mode is nice, would've prefered a Volvo HF-Globetrotter semi-truck cab to a 378 Peterbilt, but what are you gonna do? My only true grip with him is Caliburst. Such an akward weapon in all respects. Think Hasbro cut corners when they designed him. He's kind of annoying for anything else but Huffer's pulse rifle.

So all in all, nice paint, a good transformation and a great throwback to his G1 counterpart, but Caliburst needs some improvment as he is simply one of the most annoying and akward weapons ever made for this line.

Recommended, but Caliburst is one seriously annoying Minicon. 4/5

Facebook