ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-16-2024, 03:51 PM   #4601
Mudflap
Clonetrooper
Re: G.I. Joe Classified Series 6 inch discussion

I'm starting to regret not ordering Scarlett from Walmart when she was in stock. Not sure what's going on with Gamestop.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 03:53 PM   #4602
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

My Metal Head just shipped from Gamestop. Expecting Duke to ship shortly too.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 05:06 PM   #4603
c4ff
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudflap View Post
I'm starting to regret not ordering Scarlett from Walmart when she was in stock. Not sure what's going on with Gamestop.
Maybe the same weird thing w/ best buy, i got a notice a few weeks back saying it'd be delayed from their distributor until April 30th or something. (I was kind of glad the preorders could be spread out so I didn't complain lol)
c4ff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 05:40 PM   #4604
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Arrr, this is really frustrating. I'd had Scarlett pre-ordered on Amazon and then cancelled it, thinking Gamestop would come through as always, lol. At this point, as long as it shows up is my main concern, but still pretty frustrating.
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 09:56 PM   #4605
TheSwipe95
Super Friend

Wow. No one has any patience anymore, huh?
TheSwipe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 10:58 PM   #4606
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 View Post
Wow. No one has any patience anymore, huh?
I was told I better pre order them first day they were available to be pre ordered 'cause Hasbro be cutting production and them gonna be impossible to get

Yeah, no issues with no pre order

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2024, 11:10 PM   #4607
TheSwipe95
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robimus View Post
I was told I better pre order them first day they were available to be pre ordered 'cause Hasbro be cutting production and them gonna be impossible to get

Yeah, no issues with no pre order
I get it. I really do. At the same time, though, all I ever see is people complaining about preorders not coming in immediately and dates being pushed back a week or 2. It's preordered, it's coming, you're gonna get it. Show some patience!

But that's just me. Now, I have had it happen with GameStop where a release date comes and goes and it takes week for my store to get my preorder. Just got a call from the Unicity that my Black Series Captain Rex helmet is in. Release date was February 28th. Now THAT is frustrating
TheSwipe95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 06:41 AM   #4608
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheSwipe95 View Post
I get it. I really do. At the same time, though, all I ever see is people complaining about preorders not coming in immediately and dates being pushed back a week or 2. It's preordered, it's coming, you're gonna get it. Show some patience!

But that's just me. Now, I have had it happen with GameStop where a release date comes and goes and it takes week for my store to get my preorder. Just got a call from the Unicity that my Black Series Captain Rex helmet is in. Release date was February 28th. Now THAT is frustrating

Talk to the people who got screwed over by Gamestop and Amazon with preorders before saying "you're going to get it." If you preorder something the chances are high you will get it, but it isn't a guarantee based solely on past experience. I always think back to the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry is supposed to have a rental car and they don't have any in stock. I laugh thinking about how Amazon and Gamestop are the employee at the counter saying they are out of stock and we as the customers are Seinfeld "but I reserved (preordered) it?"

Amazon/GS - "I know what a reservation (preorder) is."

Us - "I don't think you do."

Also I think you and I are seeing different threads because I see VASTLY more people complaining, albeit lightly, about preorders coming in too quickly, not being delayed, because of the hits to wallets.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 06:43 AM   #4609
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFancypant5 View Post
Does anyone know when the Pulse Members Sales are? I have my eye on the Hiss Fire Tank Team, but want to scoop them at a deal if possible.

I can't remember when they were last year, but I think the first one was around June and the second was September/October maybe?
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2024, 08:43 AM   #4610
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Talk to the people who got screwed over by Gamestop and Amazon with preorders before saying "you're going to get it." If you preorder something the chances are high you will get it, but it isn't a guarantee based solely on past experience. I always think back to the episode of Seinfeld where Jerry is supposed to have a rental car and they don't have any in stock. I laugh thinking about how Amazon and Gamestop are the employee at the counter saying they are out of stock and we as the customers are Seinfeld "but I reserved (preordered) it?"

Amazon/GS - "I know what a reservation (preorder) is."

Us - "I don't think you do."

Also I think you and I are seeing different threads because I see VASTLY more people complaining, albeit lightly, about preorders coming in too quickly, not being delayed, because of the hits to wallets.
And then there's Walmart. It's an absolute roulette wheel with their preorders.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote