ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 03-29-2017, 07:33 AM   #31
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat
Re: Voltron toys

Is Ultimate Voltron out? It has almost as many sounds as the Black lion.
Old 03-29-2017, 07:48 AM   #32
SilverAvenger
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPLIT LIP View Post
It is at my local TRU stores. Still waiting for the Black Lion though.
SilverAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:20 AM   #33
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Then Black Lion really should be fine.

I checked Barrie Walmart and the accociate there was very nice and scanned the SKUs on the shelves and both Black and the limbs are on order, so they are coming.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:54 PM   #34
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

Quote:
If that's the electronic one that comes fully assembled, is about 12 inches tall and can't be separated into 5 lions then it is out. The Walmarts I've seen them at have it for around $55.
Tonestar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 02:32 PM   #35
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

So, I just went to Target.com and they have the Black Lion for 42.01. Came to 68.66 with duties and shipping Canada Post.

I'm not waiting on Canada. I'd spend roughly the same IF we got it here anyway, and yes, that is 68.66 CAD and Target DOES ship to Canada. They even have Spend 100.00 and use code CANADASHIPS to save 20.00

http://intl.target.com/p/voltron-ele...n/-/A-51328653

Last edited by joshimus; 03-29-2017 at 03:45 PM.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 03:55 PM   #36
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
So, I just went to Target.com and they have the Black Lion for 42.01. Came to 68.66 with duties and shipping Canada Post.

I'm not waiting on Canada. I'd spend roughly the same IF we got it here anyway, and yes, that is 68.66 CAD and Target DOES ship to Canada. They even have Spend 100.00 and use code CANADASHIPS to save 20.00

I just ordered 1 from there too plus their exclusive Power Ranger Team set with Goldar but I am having them sent to my sister's house in Michigan and when she comes here next week she'll bring them then. Now I need not worry about finding it in store.
Tonestar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 04:26 PM   #37
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
If that's the electronic one that comes fully assembled, is about 12 inches tall and can't be separated into 5 lions then it is out. The Walmarts I've seen them at have it for around $55.
$55 ain't bad. I plan to pick it up to have a show-accurate Voltron for display.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post

That site is terribly designed. Slow, unattarctive, and I don't know if the other lions just aren't available to purchase because I can't add them to cart, or the site's just broken.

But... it's so tempting.

EDIT: So even if I were to use the $20 off code, getting both the non-combining Voltron and Black Lion would be $10 more than if I just waited and bought them at retail. Might as well wait. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll be on sale like Walmart and TRU sometimes do.

Last edited by SPLIT LIP; 03-29-2017 at 04:45 PM.
SPLIT LIP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 05:33 PM   #38
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
$55 ain't bad. I plan to pick it up to have a show-accurate Voltron for display.

That site is terribly designed. Slow, unattarctive, and I don't know if the other lions just aren't available to purchase because I can't add them to cart, or the site's just broken.

But... it's so tempting.

EDIT: So even if I were to use the $20 off code, getting both the non-combining Voltron and Black Lion would be $10 more than if I just waited and bought them at retail. Might as well wait. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll be on sale like Walmart and TRU sometimes do.
I am not risking the black lion not coming to Canada so that's why for 69.00 on probably a 49.99+tax (guessing it's 50) what's 10.00 more to make sure I do get it?! Would rather pay 10.00 more than not have the chance to get it at all.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 08:37 PM   #39
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat

There's no risk, though. It'll come, it's in the system, there's shelf space for it. It's just not out yet.

Bear in mind, in the US the Black Lion had a different street date than the other limbs. Could be the same deal here, hence why nobody's seeing them yet.

Also it'll be $45. Not that that's a huge difference, but I've seen the SKU, and like I said the Walmart lady was nice enough to scan it with her information gun and said they are for sure coming.
Old 03-29-2017, 08:52 PM   #40
dingd0ng
Red Shirt

Black Lion is out of stock now at target.com online.
dingd0ng is offline   Reply With Quote