ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 07-26-2009, 01:33 AM   #1
Icetron
Master of the Universe
Spectacular Spider-Man Spider-Charged

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?itemid=12291

Until yesterday I didn't know there were NEW Spectacular Spidey toys out, like the superposeable one with all the wrist/boot swivels.

I don't think I saw the Shocker or Black Suit Glider Spidey on shelves though, has that wave come out in Canada yet? I think I may pick up one of the above mentioned ones if I see them. The Shocker one has neat accessories imo, while the Black Suit one has the cool webbing from the show.
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 02:39 AM   #2
JTCh
Toku
Re: Spectacular Spider-Man Spider-Charged

Wow that Shocker looks awesome! I saw some pics of the SDCC show featuring the upcoming Spectacular Spiderman figures, they have a new sculpt for Dr. Octopus that looks much better than the first one we got. I need me some animated villains!

Here's the link to the Marvel stuff at SDCC, I am drooling at a lot of the stuff there already.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 03:03 AM   #3
Icetron
Master of the Universe

The new Venom looks like almost the same, or is it a repaint? I think the colours are nicer, don't really like the white hands even though it's just the effect they're trying to give.

The new Doc Ock looks much better. I want a Shocker toy...not a Shocker Spidey, I wonder if it's possible to repaint it and give a new head?

The new armored Spideys look neat too, I wonder what happened to the 'Splinter Cell' Spidey...

EDIT: I decided to open up the Spidey I got, but not very pleased. The elbow and knee joints are so floppy and weak, it feels like this figure might not even last 10 years. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th2YzfCGWeA

Last edited by Icetron; 07-26-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Old 07-26-2009, 12:03 PM   #4
JTCh
Toku

That's pretty disappointing, nothing I hate more than loose joints. I think I am going to skip this line, not really because of the joint issues, but trying to convince myself that I don't need anymore toys for now because of something I preordered at the local shop (so it's not paid for yet) for my RC hobby that should be coming anytime soon.
JTCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2009, 05:31 PM   #5
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Yeah..while he looks really nice, the thought of him possibly melting in the sun is kind of scary. I don't know why they have to cheap out on the plastic on this line, the figures could have been awesome AND durable...
Old 08-22-2009, 02:08 PM   #6
Stryfe2025
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
Yeah..while he looks really nice, the thought of him possibly melting in the sun is kind of scary. I don't know why they have to cheap out on the plastic on this line, the figures could have been awesome AND durable...
Are we saying that these aren't worth getting?
Stryfe2025 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 02:49 PM   #7
StarwarsTF
Bounty hunter!

Season 1 just came on DVD @ HMV for $21.99 cheapest ive ever found it!!! best buy $31.99 ewwww This show is good and the figures are amazing! there all worth picking up.

AFN thread: http://www.actionfigurenews.ca/board...=7649#post7649

Cyber.ca thread: http://www.cybertron.ca/boards/showthread.php?t=18642
StarwarsTF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 04:06 AM   #8
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryfe2025 View Post
Are we saying that these aren't worth getting?
IMHO yes they are not worth getting. They just don't feel durable for the $10.99 that they're charging (at TRU). As posable as the new Spidey sculpt is, it still 'felt' underwhelming due to the cheap plastic even though his articulation is like a Marvel Legends (or better than most recent ones).