ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-04-2020, 03:48 PM   #2051
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Or they may have shipped you a return from someone else that didn't want a damaged box. On top of that, there are instances where people have returned items to Amazon, and Amazon ships out THE EXACT SAME ITEM as the replacement, damage and all.
Holy crap. Now that is an eye-opener... I did once have them ship me a replacement where the BaF had actually been swapped out for another BaF. That was a very strange case.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 04:26 PM   #2052
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Just got the call from my EB Games that the Monster Venom figure is ready for pickup
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 05:58 PM   #2053
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Yep - Monster Venom is hitting EB today. I just got mine.

New Sighting?
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:01 PM   #2054
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Does anyone have the SKU for the Gamerverse Hulk that EB had listed?

EDIT - I found the cached page - https://webcache.googleusercontent.c...&ct=clnk&gl=ca

You can't order from it anymore, but you CAN pre-order the figure in store if you want using the Pre-Order SKU on the page (753036). I just pre-ordered at my local store so we'll see what happens.

Last edited by Enforcer; 03-04-2020 at 06:12 PM. Reason: Facts
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:02 PM   #2055
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rj64 View Post
So is the northmen preorder issue just hasbro products or others as well? I know even for retail stores hasbro has poor distribution. Has the experience with other companies through northmen preorders been the same? Hope not for super 7
It's pretty much anything that's a pre-order, as far as I know. In-stock orders as a trend seem to be okay but I personally have a couple of friends who have been burned by the guy. I've seen the long e-mails he sends, and have seen him send antagonizing follows up if you don't respond to him. He has even gone as far as to blame you for not getting orders shipped all day because he spends his entire day (?) dealing with "entitled customers"

Pretty sure the dude is eliciting good reviews from his friends and family or something. His YellowPages webpage had a one-star rating for MONTHS and then within the span of a week it went up to like 4.5 stars due to an influx of positive reviews/ratings.

If you are extremely patient and willing to wait, NC does have some pretty good offerings and sales. If you are at all opposed to conflict/confrontation then I would avoid at all costs.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 06:43 PM   #2056
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight
Unhappy Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
Just got the call from my EB Games that the Monster Venom figure is ready for pickup
Not in BC yet I guess. EB Guildford says no
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 07:58 PM   #2057
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

I’ve read the horror stories regarding Northmencollectibles, but I just wanted to chime in and say that I’ve had excellent experiences with this online store. Sometimes it’s been a long wait for product when I’ve preordered single figures from a Marvel Legends wave, but never an issue when preordering a full wave. Their version of BBTS’s ‘pile of loot’ with in stock items has saved me shipping money by combining with other orders to reach the free shipping at $100.

Now one online store I would avoid like the plague is Juggernaut Toys. After getting my first purchase ok, they never shipped my preorder for the DC Multiverse Killer Croc wave, even though way back in September they told me it was on the way to them, then would ship out to me soon as it arrived to them. Later emails to them when I said I wanted to cancel my preorder and pay their restocking fee have all gone unanswered. None of my other preorders were ever fulfilled either. Super 7 Filmation Trap Jaw or Marvel Legends Silver Samurai & Storm were never sent and they took my money up front.

Now regarding that SKU for Red Hulk, how do you check for it on stocktrack.ca? I’m getting a koala Gund as the search result??
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 08:22 PM   #2058
erik352
Cylon Centurion

did u get any refund from that store? that sucks!
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:32 PM   #2059
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Erik, I got no refunds. As of right now Juggernaut Toys took me for roughly $250. Yes, it indeed sucks.

...regarding the white deluxe Widow figure: for those that have her in hand, how is the stand she comes with? I have no interest in the figure, but I’d love to get my hands on one of those stands.

Last edited by m.arndt; 03-04-2020 at 10:36 PM.
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 11:07 PM   #2060
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Erik, I got no refunds. As of right now Juggernaut Toys took me for roughly $250. Yes, it indeed sucks.

...regarding the white deluxe Widow figure: for those that have her in hand, how is the stand she comes with? I have no interest in the figure, but I’d love to get my hands on one of those stands.
You should complain to your credit card company.
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote