ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News

Old 02-03-2023, 03:30 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Star Wars Black Series 2023 Pre-Order Window Update

During the Star Wars livestream earlier in the week, the brand team revealed a ton of new figures.* Oddly enough, all but one had no pre-order information attached to it.* Hasbro’s PR reps reached out to clarify, and it looks ...

The post Star Wars Black Series 2023 Pre-Order Window Update appeared first on The Toyark - News.

More...
Old 02-03-2023, 05:52 PM   #2
VincentVega
Cobra Trooper
Re: Star Wars Black Series 2023 Pre-Order Window Update

Ridiculous decision. Figures are hard enough to get as it is, my Walmart never has Black Series or Marvel Legends on the shelf, Toys R US is over priced which means GameStop is the only place to get them on shelf at a good price and the popular figures go fast. At least with pre-ordering you get a chance of securing a figure, even if some sell out quick. Toy collecting is stressful enough, this will only make it worse.
VincentVega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 06:30 PM   #3
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

What, are they like trying to screw over small retailers like comic shops and guys like Toysnowman?

I know in the past, the issue that my friend who owned comic shop complained about was that when there is no pre-order, they literally just order cases of product and Hasbro will just ship whatever cases they have so they won't know what they will get until they arrive. Hope that's not what they are doing again.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:07 PM   #4
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Lol this is Scalpers delight. I can barely find BS in my stores so how will I ever get these new figures going forward?
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 08:18 PM   #5
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

Hasbro has really taken the joy out of collecting. Mattel isn't much better with their spotty MOTU distribution. Honestly I'm about to give up due to exorbitant/extortionist prices, windowless packaging/mystery boxes, increasing QC issues and now this news... When collecting has become more stressful and upsetting than fun, then it's time to reevaluate. Never thought I'd get to that point.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 12:54 AM   #6
Napseeker
Dark Knight

What a stupid decision from a toy company that seems to excel in making increasingly stupid decisions. I've never seen any one company do as much to harm their sales as Hasbro: higher and higher prices, crappy distribution that WAS somewhat fixed by pre-orders, getting rid of windowed packaging, constant repaints of existing molds, etc.

I don't know how they expect to meet their goal of making the customer "number one" with these decisions.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:10 PM   #7
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Problem: Pre-order dates are not being followed.

Logical Solution: Make sure pre-order dates are properly followed.

Chosen Solution: No more pre-orders!

Last edited by philtastic; 02-04-2023 at 02:30 PM.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 01:33 PM   #8
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe

I already have it bad when looking for any kind of figure, but now this has made it even worse for me.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 03:05 PM   #9
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

I cannot take time to try and follow every drop of a line, let alone multiple lines. Travelling around and hoping to get lucky with a find only wastes more time and funds.

Ordering online is fine, but it's going to be pretty bottlenecked again if everyone is trying to get in for the same things. No preorders means that I also have to have the cash in hand right then, for whatever random day/time the product drops.

Half the benefit of preorders was being able to plan for the release of waves and budget accordingly. Failure to maintain or hold dates meant choosing between items because my paycheck does hold to that calendar. Things showing up months ahead of schedule meant the planning was a wasted effort, and scheduling a drop for "summer" doesn't help pin it down much better. This was complicated by companies trying to stretch out their reveals to have something drop every week for months on end.

I just don't have the desire to try and follow everything, then drop everything to try and get it because it drops that day. Not going to bite on the FOMO here if I can help it. It also doesn't help when stores are not dropping things at a consistent date between market partners (delays between .com and .ca getting the same products being listed hours/days/weeks apart).

This could be a godsend for the secondary market resellers, though. Just show up every morning as usual and scoop the new stuff to flip it.

Sorry if this all just sounds like sour grapes, but I think there could have been a better way to handle this problem without compounding it. In the end, we're just trying to buy what they're selling, and it shouldn't be so difficult. Old man yells at clouds...
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2023, 03:58 PM   #10
BlackBeltJohnson
Galactian Herald

Let me get this straight....no more Pre Orders?? They're just going to put these things up online with no notification??
BlackBeltJohnson is offline   Reply With Quote