ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-03-2021, 05:54 PM   #181
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameprime View Post
skystriker should be lowered in price significantly, stripped down of all these extras, and placed on store retail shelves as a regular release.

If a TF titan is $250 and TF commander class is $130 then this should be sitting at about $175 Canadian max.

The fact that a generic 4" brand of military toys can sell a set that includes helicopter, figures, jeep, motorcycle for under $50usd tells me that it really doesn't cost much to produce a 3.75" scale plane.
https://www.amazon.com/JOYIN-Camoufl...8557329&sr=8-9
Most of these Haslabs should be sold at retail on a store shelf. The whole "too big" and "too expensive" thing for retail is BS when they're selling Titan classes for $250 and prop replica light sabers for $350 in stores. Haslabs is one big way to capitalize on Fomo and to be able to sell something with Zero risk and give them a stupidly high profit margin.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:10 PM   #182
cobralegion
Decepticon

Looks like the Cobras are helping as its gone up over 300 so far today but still going to be hard to get 3700 more sold in 4 days. I'd love to get 10 each of the troopers if only they were at retail. Maybe they should have gone with a Cobra jet to begin with. Imagine a Firefox style jet with pilot and guards and throw in Snake Eyes trying to steal it.
cobralegion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 06:50 PM   #183
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by cobralegion View Post
Looks like the Cobras are helping as its gone up over 300 so far today but still going to be hard to get 3700 more sold in 4 days. I'd love to get 10 each of the troopers if only they were at retail. Maybe they should have gone with a Cobra jet to begin with. Imagine a Firefox style jet with pilot and guards and throw in Snake Eyes trying to steal it.
Yes if it was a Night Raven this would have been crazy
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2021, 08:39 PM   #184
Napseeker
Dark Knight

I kind of hope the Skystriker doesn't make funding. I wouldn't want them to do future Joe 4-inch vehicles like the Rattler as a Haslab when it should be a retail item. I still would like a slightly larger Rattler than the Target re-release from many, many years back.

I believe that one was just the vintage mold but with more room to fit the larger 25th-anniversary scale figures. Still would feel a bit too cramped.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 06:37 AM   #185
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Skystriker: 6,561 / 10,000 (+591)
Rancor: 5,253 / 9,000 (+129)
Proton Pack: 12,708 / 7,000 (+239)

WOW. That surprise add-on for the Skystriker really got a bunch of people off the fence. Nearly 600 backers added in one day!! The Joe team must be a little bit happier. Let's see if the Skystriker can keep up the momentum.

The Proton Pack is still chugging along nicely. Should hit the third tier by tomorrow sometime.

The Rancor. While still adding backers at a much better pace, it definitely isn't moving at the pace I believe the SW team thought it would after the Malakili reveal. Basically the Skystriker added as many backers in one day as the Rancor did since the Malakili reveal. I just can't tell where it is going to go from here.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 12:43 PM   #186
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

I think the Sky striker will just barely cross the finish line in the last few hours. Rancor just seems unlikely to me unless a bunch of people are holding out for if Hasbro decides to announce an Oola or something but even then. It would be a tier and I don't think there would be enough time to reach the tier to get her. Not when Rancor is still at a snail's pace despite malikili's inclusion
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 01:03 PM   #187
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

now i just want the rancor and striker to both fail, i don't like the precedent these set in terms of price of goods, actual value of what you get, and the idea that things of this nature should even be a HasLab project to begin with.

Seriously, a GT Snow Racer that an actual human can ride on is bigger than a striker, made of more expensive material, has more engineering, and it makes it to store shelves for $100. These projects are absolute rip offs
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 01:09 PM   #188
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Hasbro needs a Book of Boba trailer featuring a Rancor to drop ASAP.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 01:44 PM   #189
Canukle
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by usernameprime View Post
now i just want the rancor and striker to both fail, i don't like the precedent these set in terms of price of goods, actual value of what you get, and the idea that things of this nature should even be a HasLab project to begin with.

Seriously, a GT Snow Racer that an actual human can ride on is bigger than a striker, made of more expensive material, has more engineering, and it makes it to store shelves for $100. These projects are absolute rip offs
While I don't disagree that Hasbro seems to be gouging a little with the prices they set for these, I think it can be argued that there are a lot more GT Snowracers produced every year than there are (going to be) Sky Strikers and Rancors. So the price/unit of a Snowracer will be a lot lower to produce than something with a limited run like the Sky Striker or Rancor

If there were ever going to be only 10,000 SnowRacers ever made EVER, I'm pretty sure the selling price would be towards the thousand-dollar. And that would also be a rip-off
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 02:22 PM   #190
usernameprime
Cobra Commander

snowracers get updated yearly which calls for new designs and molding. You can even get models with shocks like a bike has. Production costs (initial and otherwise) won't stay static.

Hasbro is the largest toy company ever with the most popular IPs on the market and producing more toys than anyone. They know how to cut costs and save on production. And of all companies they will get the best prices on designing, materials, and production. And let's be honest, it's Hasbro creating the "expensive limited exclusivity" on these items. As I stated, there is no reason why the sky striker can't be a general release.

For a better comparison just look at He-Man origins Castle Greyskull for $80 regular price. Initial start up costs for this must be similar to a simple plane toy but is significantly cheaper.

Ill also add that Hasbro isn't a stranger to making a toy plane so it's not exactly new ground here. Thousands upon thousands of Skystrikers have been produced over the decades for general release, how is this one different? Maybe Rancors too? I'm unsure what Hasbro have done SW beyond TBS.

Ill also add this weird shift in thought since covid where people seem to justify things for a company that just wants your $$. I mean when someone agrees that the price is gouging but goes on to defend the gouging then I have to wonder what it is that makes consumers protect these gouging practices. The only winner here is the company.

Last edited by usernameprime; 12-04-2021 at 02:27 PM.
usernameprime is offline   Reply With Quote