ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 04-07-2023, 07:35 PM   #11
Mudflap
Clonetrooper
Re: Hasbro Bringing Back Window Packaging in 2024!

It's also kind of bad that Hasbro needs windows on their packaging in part so that consumers can check for visible QC issues. Maybe Hasbro should work on the QC thing lol.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 08:13 PM   #12
cloud
Master of the Universe

THis is disappointing. Hasbro should just stick to what was right.
Yes, sales are probably worse now but it's not because of the packaging but the quality controls, price gouge and slow production. We've seen so many pre-orders lately with a release daye 6 months or more later.
While McFarlane Toys timed their pre-order and releases pretty well.

I don't want collectors to have a bad name that we don't care about the envionment. I was happy with plastic free packaging. That means everything can call fold up and toss into recycling instead of tearing and seperating.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 09:31 PM   #13
Robimus
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post

I don't want collectors to have a bad name that we don't care about the envionment. I was happy with plastic free packaging. That means everything can call fold up and toss into recycling instead of tearing and seperating.
Well the toys are all plastic, just not ending up in the landfill as quickly.

That said, I wonder if it ends up as a happy medium. Plastic windows but the same internal non plastic packaging as right now.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 05:31 AM   #14
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
THis is disappointing. Hasbro should just stick to what was right.
Yes, sales are probably worse now but it's not because of the packaging but the quality controls, price gouge and slow production. We've seen so many pre-orders lately with a release daye 6 months or more later.
While McFarlane Toys timed their pre-order and releases pretty well.

The only "right" thing for Hasbro is whatever keeps their stock price high and makes them profitable.

The idea that they were trying to help the environment is a joke. Which is made all the more clear by their backtracking now. This clearly was a plan that backfired. Whether that was due to customer backlash, or retailer backlash doesn't really matter in the end.

Also someone pointed out the latest hypocrisy with the new PET "non-virgin" plastic. The previous boxes already had recyclable wording/notation on them. Making the claim that there was some percentage of recycled material in the packaging. Maybe there was, but it probably wasn't much, and this new direction probably won't increase that percentage by much.

In the end it really doesn't matter much. Just look up the reports of how much material, especially plastic, is actually recycled and you'll see it is a farce that we recycle as much as we do at the consumer level when the retailer, industrial, and governmental levels all play games with the definition of recycling. I mean is it really recycling if we just ship containers off to third world countries who are "supposed" to recycle the material (but really don't)?

Anway, sorry for the long winded rant, but I just think the whole proposition by Hasbro was about optics, and when it didn't work they jumped right back on the bandwagon.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 11:20 AM   #15
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

I’m disappointed, but simultaneously happy for all the in box collectors. Ultimately it doesn’t change much for me, I’ll still be tossing the boxes in the recycling anyway.
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2023, 11:28 PM   #16
Eko123
Body without Organs

Hopefully this will also mean that Toys R Us will reverse their policy of no refunds/exchanges on collector-oriented action figures which was implemented when Hasbro first released the plastic free packaging.
Eko123 is offline   Reply With Quote