ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 06-13-2014, 09:04 AM   #101
Wintermute
Master of the Universe
Re: Action Figure Fraud: Is this a problem at your local stores???

The operator seemed to be a fairly older gentleman, and his focus was more on the wrestling figures than the MU, but yeah, it's his business. Hell, he's paying to be there, isn't he? lol

And I was gonna say something to him, but he was deep into some haggling with another guy and I didn't want to upset his negotiating by saying "Sir, someone has been screwing with your inventory!"

In retrospect, I still shoulda said something.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 07:39 PM   #102
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

Honestly, I don't understand how anyone CAN'T tell the difference of packaging vs product, especially when you can see the physical product.
I get it, they don't know toys, fair assumption, right? But, you learn how to put the circle piece in the circle slot, triangle in triangle slot, etc. Surely you should be able to see if a picture matches the product?! It's not like you are returning a sweater that doesn't have any packaging to show what the sweater should look like. Toys HAVE actual product showing alongside the cards. If the toy looks nothing like the packaging, maybe question why?!
This is what gets me. The simple argument "They don't know toys" is bullshit. If you work in Customer Service dept dealing with exchanges and returns, you should be more aware of what is being returned...plus that whole "One of these is not like the other one" thing.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:49 PM   #103
Hantei
Master of the Universe

I wonder if, it's an insider job where an employee is doing it. Or maybe the returner is playing the ignorance card. Claiming to have bought the figure by mistake and realized that it wasn't the same thing. However if it's the latter then shame on Walmart for putting back on the shelves.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 01:23 AM   #104
w0nd
Cobra Trooper

i notice employees are often ignorant about what they are selling. Especially the older ones. It's hard to call them up on the phone and ask them if they have something in stock, and making sure they have it without condescending but I don't know how many times I have asked them something, twice on the phone they say they are sure, I get there and it's the wrong item.
w0nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:50 PM   #105
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

This thread is great, the practice itself is clearly wrong, but I do so love seeing the pictures of these repackaged toys.
Old 07-08-2014, 10:56 PM   #106
iammingy
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
I wonder if, it's an insider job where an employee is doing it. Or maybe the returner is playing the ignorance card. Claiming to have bought the figure by mistake and realized that it wasn't the same thing. However if it's the latter then shame on Walmart for putting back on the shelves.
I agree with you on the latter.

Many people play the ignorance card all the time.
Whether it's your colleague who f'd up something at work or those train-riders who didn't validate their fare-saver tickets. The sad thing is it almost always works... Wait 'til karma strikes them to hell.
iammingy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 06:21 PM   #107
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Saw another a couple days ago at the same Walmart. Probably the same culprit. Looks absolutely nothing like the Rhino. They actually have a Rhino hanging on the pegs too...

Old 07-15-2014, 08:20 PM   #108
PegMan
Non-stick coated

In the TRU I shop at thieves don't go through the trouble. They just tear the packages open and leave what they don't want buried on the shelves. It's really shitty. I don't know if I've actually ever seen the 'repack' thief, but plenty of blatant stuff. It makes you wonder if TRU should rethink their camera placement or height of shelves or something...
PegMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2014, 09:34 PM   #109
Prime Sinister
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
Saw another a couple days ago at the same Walmart. Probably the same culprit. Looks absolutely nothing like the Rhino. They actually have a Rhino hanging on the pegs too...

Kinda looks like the Movie Rhino
Prime Sinister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 11:44 AM   #110
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Found another one last week. At a different Walmart this time. Curious if it's the same guy, or if there's more than one person doing the same thing. For comparison sakes I took a picture of it with the original beside it.