ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure Customs and Artwork

Old 07-10-2014, 11:34 PM   #1
joshimus
Convention Exclusive
TMNT Movie painting and modifications

Bought the new movie turtles and have been modifying them up a bit.
Mostly the turtles got repainted and detail enhancements.

Playmates is notorious for unfinished paint apps. Mikey's chest isn't fully painted yellow where his necklace is. Donny's straps on his legs are green on the back and sides. Things like that, small things like Bandages not painted etc.
This had to be fixed.

Also currently working on Shredder, will work on Splinter after the movie comes out and April is undergoing surgery. She has very limited articulation. No elbows, no knees.

She still needs a TON of work. Sanding down her jeans where I put sculpey to hide gaps, painting, fixing, burr cleaning, her pins for knee articulations still needs to be sanded down etc. Pretty happy with how she is turning out too.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2014, 10:00 PM   #2
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Re: TMNT Movie painting and modifications

Nice paint app, what a difference it made! Haha, I wanted to buy a Megan Fox.. I mean.. April figure, but the lack of articulation turned me away
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2014, 09:31 AM   #3
joshimus
Convention Exclusive

That's the odd thing about Playmates. All the toys have random articulation, like where one has it and another "could" have it and doesn't and then they have some with next to no articulation. It's friggen weird. I have no idea why April doesnt have knee or elbow joints or why they decided to pass on that. It makes no sense to me.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #4
w0nd
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshimus View Post
That's the odd thing about Playmates. All the toys have random articulation, like where one has it and another "could" have it and doesn't and then they have some with next to no articulation. It's friggen weird. I have no idea why April doesnt have knee or elbow joints or why they decided to pass on that. It makes no sense to me.
nick toy line same thing, only the turtles have almost perfect articulation...the rest have "batman the animated series" type articiualtion from the 90s
w0nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 06:06 AM   #5
JuneLu
Red Shirt

It's a bit weird to do so..Maybe you can try designing your own toys? I think you would like it.