ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-01-2014, 11:02 PM   #111
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Marvel Legends 2012

An interesting theory from everyone's favourite comic book artist, Rob Liefeld (lol), on why the X-Men (and Fantastic Four) have been all but left out of toy releases of late:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/x-men_...news/?a=101096

Makes sense, but sucks for fans & collectors.

Last edited by wedge1021; 06-02-2014 at 11:04 AM.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 04:12 PM   #112
cloud
Master of the Universe

I don't know how much I'm allowed to say but I've met with a few Marvel/Disney reps last year regarding the Marvel Studios licenses and basically they discourage people to approach the X-men properties because "FOX doesn't share information" and it's "too expensive".

Come to think of it. It's all business. Marvel used to be the licensee but now they are direct competitors so makes sense that FOX doesn't want to share confidential information.

Look what happened to Quicksilver.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 06:03 PM   #113
Icetron
Master of the Universe

TRU site shows that they dropped the regular retail price for the Captain America legends to $22.99.

What's up with that?

It's good for me though, I wanted to grab the Marvel NOW Cap anyway. Just need to wait for a sale on the $22.99 price and I'm set.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:14 PM   #114
KLRTSUPERSKRULL
Red Shirt
Legends Prices

Hey, Im somewhat new to collecting legends and live in an area where they are very hard to find but i have two different legends lots for $100 each all figures mint in box. the first one has Dr Strange, Nightcrawler, War Machine and Deathlok all from the galactus series, the other has 5 figures and its also $100, this one has Series II Namor, Series IV Punisher, Series V Mr. Fantastic, Series V Nick Fury and Series VIII Man-Thing. Is there anyway someone can tell me which lot is the better deal?
thanks
KLRTSUPERSKRULL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 07:10 PM   #115
wedge1021
Mutant
Re: Legends Prices

They both seem to be pretty decently priced, but if I had to choose I'd go with the Galactus series. War Machine is usually minimum $40 itself. Plus you get four BAF parts (if you're opening them). The figures in the other lot could probably be found loose for a bit less, but that's actually a pretty good deal too.

I'd say they're pretty even deals, just depends on what your preference is. Or better yet, get all of them ;-)
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 09:06 PM   #116
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

I would agree with Wedge1021.

They're both pretty good deals for what works out to $20 a piece, but getting those 5 from the Galactus series is the better choice, for the reasons he mentioned.

Along with War Machine, Nightcrawler is a pretty rare one also.

And after finally assembling Galactus after about 9 years of buying the necessary parts/figures from that series, he is friggin awesome lol.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 02:51 AM   #117
Robot rabbit
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KLRTSUPERSKRULL View Post
Hey, Im somewhat new to collecting legends and live in an area where they are very hard to find but i have two different legends lots for $100 each all figures mint in box. the first one has Dr Strange, Nightcrawler, War Machine and Deathlok all from the galactus series, the other has 5 figures and its also $100, this one has Series II Namor, Series IV Punisher, Series V Mr. Fantastic, Series V Nick Fury and Series VIII Man-Thing. Is there anyway someone can tell me which lot is the better deal?
thanks
If you are in an area hard to find legends, than those are good prices for older hard to find figures. Go for the set that has the ones you like best.
Robot rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2014, 09:25 AM   #118
supercal
Red Shirt

Also consider the inflation of prices of toys. Regular priced Marvel Legends now start a little over $20, add tax in and you are paying $23-25 a figure.

$20-25 per MOC figures that are no longer available are a decent buy.
supercal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:03 PM   #119
Blurrz
Red Shirt

Hey guys

I'm starting up the BAF Green Goblin wave and I've figured I want Carnage instead of Toxin.

I'm torn between Beetle and Boomerang, and Spider-Girl and Black Cat. Any suggestions on which is the better figure of the two? I dont really have much connection to any of these characters.
Blurrz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2014, 08:21 PM   #120
viciousmaturity
Super Friend

Both Beetle and Boomerang are easy to get. As far as the figure, I'd go with Boomerang. But Beetle is the ultimate version I think? So maybe you can pose him with the Ult Green Goblin?

As for the ladies, Black Cat hands down. They're both good... But BC is prettier, more buxom, has an accessory (whip), and is just much more recognizable.

Where are you getting these figures? I'm selling the whole set of 6 (black cat, carnage, beetle) for $120 USD + shipping (or you can pick them up in Mississauga). Pm if interested.
viciousmaturity is offline   Reply With Quote