ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 02-07-2011, 10:19 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
GIJoe Renegades Bonus Q&A Answers for ActionFigureNews.ca

AFN: Many of the characters resemble their 80's counterparts while others like General Abernathy and Dr. Mindbender have been given a significant redesign/update. What was the process to determine which characters would be resigned and which characters would retain original design aspects?

Randy Myers, Supervising Director: We are always trying to stay true to the characters and where they’ve come from. We’re very aware that people love their G.I.JOE characters, and have a special connection to them. For RENEGADES, we wanted to revisit some fan “favorites,” but give them a fresh, new look. While, with others, we tried to stay very close to the original conception. It really came down to what would work best for the stories we wanted to tell, and what might be most interesting to watch.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	GI-Joe-Renegades.jpg
Views:	378
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	2789  
Old 02-08-2011, 09:19 PM   #2
Evan
Jedi Knight
Re: GIJoe Renegades Bonus Q&A Answers for ActionFigureNews.ca

I'm not sure if I like the changes to General Abernathy, but it is a whole new take on GI Joe. Mindbender changes make sense. I think he'd come across as too much of a goofball to be working for today's Cobra. And naturally you can't mess with Snake Eyes. I mean, what are you going to do? Give him a blue jump suit and red goggles?

I think it's great that they are taking the time to answer fans' questions like this. I hope they do it again in the future.
Evan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gijoe renegades, hasbro q&a