ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-25-2020, 04:59 PM   #441
riderman
Master of the Universe
Re: New Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by springwolf84 View Post
That’s so frustrating. Mine was ordered on April 15 when it was in stock, and it still hasn’t shipped. Why would ones ordered a day later ship earlier?! Very strange. Hopefully it still goes through!

I know I had options to get her from other e-tailers but I didn’t see any that were Canadian - no way I’m paying the crazy shipping costs to get one from a US warehouse like Dorkside or BigBadToyStore. Not for something that SHOULD be available in Canada at some point!

And people want their MMPR teams - that’s why we care about Trini! I really don’t understand why Hasbro has had them all at such low case quantities!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
To be fair, I had one preordered from BBTS and it said April 2020 as a release date. It remained as a preorder and it's the end of April. I ended up canceling that preorder too because Amazon.ca shipped mine.

This is clearly a Hasbro issue since it's affecting both Canadian and American retailers.
Hey guys, I too understand the frustration to this Hasbro problem but with or without the pandemic happening right now Hasbro has to smarten up! This one per case JUST HAS TO STOP. It is not fair and it is not right to everyone that want these figures. It happened with Lord Zedd then to MMPR Pink then to Lord Drakkon then to MMPR Yellow and maybe MMPR Blue if Hasbro hasn't learned anything yet? I can understand that the Hasbro Factory in China was closed down just like all major companies around the world and that it will take time for them to be back up and running again. I really hope that moving forward this new Power Rangers line will lead the way for more opportunities and products for all collectors and fans a like. We shouldn't be paying for high and unfair shipping prices just to get an item for our collections and it shouldn't be so hard to get an item with our hard earn money either. Hasbro WAKEUP!!
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 08:15 PM   #442
springwolf84
Cobra Trooper

I wonder too why Hasbro is sticking to only 4 characters per wave. I assume it’s due to cost for a new line, but there are SO. MANY. RANGERS. that they could do at least 6 characters per wave and double up on the MMPR characters (assuming the cases are 8 figures). Or at least re-release the harder to find characters in a later wave.
I dunno, I’m certainly no expert at running a toy business haha but as a fan and collector, this line is challenging in a ‘not fun’ kind of way.
springwolf84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:18 PM   #443
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by springwolf84 View Post
I wonder too why Hasbro is sticking to only 4 characters per wave. I assume it’s due to cost for a new line, but there are SO. MANY. RANGERS. that they could do at least 6 characters per wave and double up on the MMPR characters (assuming the cases are 8 figures). Or at least re-release the harder to find characters in a later wave.
I dunno, I’m certainly no expert at running a toy business haha but as a fan and collector, this line is challenging in a ‘not fun’ kind of way.
I'd rather them just stick to 4 characters per wave because imagine how bad the distribution would be for 6 characters?
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:30 PM   #444
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Ok. Kind of pissed. Preordered in January, and nothing but ‘we’ll email you when available’. Wth!? People that ordered in April are getting them! Anyone got an email address for Amazon? All I can find is a phone number. Hate talking on the phone. It’s not 1993. Doesn’t seem to be a live chat option either. Only in the States.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 09:34 PM   #445
RocketGTR
Cylon Centurion

Amazon.ca has a live chat option. I've used it before to deal with them.
RocketGTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2020, 10:46 PM   #446
dbaso
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Ok. Kind of pissed. Preordered in January, and nothing but ‘we’ll email you when available’. Wth!? People that ordered in April are getting them! Anyone got an email address for Amazon? All I can find is a phone number. Hate talking on the phone. It’s not 1993. Doesn’t seem to be a live chat option either. Only in the States.
It’s so hard not being salty - I'm in the same boat. Fulfill orders that were placed first - it’s not hard!
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 01:18 AM   #447
MatrixPrime
Red Shirt

I just tried to Live Chat on Amazon.ca

I spoke to a representative about my outstanding order of the MMPR Yellow.

I pressed them about the fact that I preordered and should have received an early batch of stock, not the people who just recently ordered, also pointing out how MMPR Red and the Mandalorian were cancelled by them because they couldn't procure stock.

I asked them to review the preorder policy. Maybe if enough of us complain, we can get them to do something about it... or maybe not.

They gave me $5 as a token apology.
MatrixPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 01:45 AM   #448
ssjgoku22
Mutant

I totally agree with everyone pissed about not getting their order, but I feel like this is all Hasbro here. Amazon has canceled Transformers, Black Series, Marvel Legends, and Power Ranger preorders for me lately and it's all due to them not being able to acquire stock. It looks like Hasbro is telling Amazon that they will provide them with the figures, Amazon takes our preorders, but then Hasbro turns around and says sorry, we only have like 2 to give you.

At the end of it all, the consumer and Amazon are getting screwed in the process since we don't get our items and Amazon doesn't make any money (since they only charge your credit card when an item is being shipped). If you really want to send a complaint, send one to Hasbro.

Also, were the early batches even shipped? I've never heard anyone on this forum say they got their MMPR Yellow shipped from January (I preordered one on Jan. 6th and that never shipped). I also think Amazon screwed up with the item names. They called the early MMPR Yellow listings "Prg Pet Spc Yankee Romeo" and they called the April listing "Lightning Collection MMPR Yellow Ranger". Maybe they thought these were 2 different items and ended up just putting the stock under the new listing. It's really stupid once you think about it.

Last edited by ssjgoku22; 04-26-2020 at 01:58 AM.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 06:27 AM   #449
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I totally agree with everyone pissed about not getting their order, but I feel like this is all Hasbro here. Amazon has canceled Transformers, Black Series, Marvel Legends, and Power Ranger preorders for me lately and it's all due to them not being able to acquire stock. It looks like Hasbro is telling Amazon that they will provide them with the figures, Amazon takes our preorders, but then Hasbro turns around and says sorry, we only have like 2 to give you.

At the end of it all, the consumer and Amazon are getting screwed in the process since we don't get our items and Amazon doesn't make any money (since they only charge your credit card when an item is being shipped). If you really want to send a complaint, send one to Hasbro.

Also, were the early batches even shipped? I've never heard anyone on this forum say they got their MMPR Yellow shipped from January (I preordered one on Jan. 6th and that never shipped). I also think Amazon screwed up with the item names. They called the early MMPR Yellow listings "Prg Pet Spc Yankee Romeo" and they called the April listing "Lightning Collection MMPR Yellow Ranger". Maybe they thought these were 2 different items and ended up just putting the stock under the new listing. It's really stupid once you think about it.
I have to agree, this is a Hasbro problem and it doesn't sit well with us the fans, the collectors who are not getting our Pre-orders in time. Retailers online and in store are also affected by this because they are not getting enough stock or just over stocked with old products from wave one that have been clogging up the shelves and collecting dust. EB Games and Toys R Us have a mix of Wave 1 and 2 in stores but no wave 3 and if they have wave 3 it will surely the Beast Morphers Blue Ranger that nobody wants. Walmart and the Hudson Bay Company should really start carrying this line! Hasbro should TRY to distribute them and at least we have more retail stores to for Wave 4 and 5 or future releases.
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2020, 07:41 AM   #450
erik352
Cylon Centurion

I believe u are right . I was chatting with Amazon as well and they keep on insisting the item never became in stock. I ended the chatin frustration since we were just going around in circles. I will just wait and see if they will have a new listing or if toys r us get their stock . very frustrating experience.

Quote:

erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote