ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 07-19-2012, 10:34 AM   #351
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!
Re: Up-And-Coming DC Universe Classics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
I hope the DC all stars wave 1 gets released soon. Been reading a lot of DC lately and I haven't bought a DC figure in so long. Really itching for one now. In the middle of "Infinite Crisis" so now I want that Superboy Prime.

As for the sub, judging from those figures, I think I will just cherry pick the ones I want. So far nothing really interests me.
yeah I might do the same. I not really feeling Mallah enough to entice me to get the sub. We'll see though. I might change my opinion lol
Old 07-19-2012, 10:48 AM   #352
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
yeah I might do the same. I not really feeling Mallah enough to entice me to get the sub. We'll see though. I might change my opinion lol
I honestly don't think the sub will go through this year. All around the web, I keep hearing people saying they're still on the fence about the sub, or they're not going to bother. That's not a good sign. I guess we'll see if the sub meter jumps soon.
Old 07-19-2012, 10:23 PM   #353
cloud
Master of the Universe

Honestly I think none of the new figures being shown has that wow factor. Mattel, as usual, plays it too safe and reuses tons of body parts. Uncle Sam basically consist of a new head sculpt and no accessories. The body is from Joker/ Gentlemen Ghost which means he can't throw a damn punch like he did in Batman Brave and the Bold.
I think Mattel should really consider investing on a completely new sculpted action figure to WOW the collectors into supporting the sub. I mean Poison Ivy is great but that's only 1 figure which was announced last year. And not everyone is a Lantern fan so the multiple Lantern characters can be a hit or miss to the audience.

At the end, even though there are fans wanting to support the sub. $18 + tax + shipping for a 6" figure with none to minimum accessories is very steep. I would buy a DCUC Martian Manhunter @ Winner in an instance because $7.99 + tax is very acceptable. I think it would have worked better it Mattel was offer 2packs so to lessen the shipping cost. And a smaller packaging too.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:41 AM   #354
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

According to a recent article posted over at The Fwoosh, it seems both Mattel and DCD have expressed interest in creating figures based on the upcoming video game: Injustice: God`s Amongst Us...

http://thefwoosh.com/2012/07/injusti...res-among-us-2

Here`s a trailer for those wondering what I am talking about...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMkTQSbE6Bc

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook

Last edited by Prowl_2009; 07-25-2012 at 09:44 AM.
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:51 PM   #355
Benzo
Clonetrooper

I would love to have an Injustice Batman and Harley Quinn figures!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #356
pud333
Master of the Universe

I really want to play that game. Might be the first game I actually buy on the day of release.

Flash's super move looks awesome.
Old 07-30-2012, 09:38 AM   #357
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Check out The Fwoosh's awesome in-depth look at the DCIE September figure - Black Mask! This is our first Bat Family Rogue for the 2012 sub, and he looks great! Not only that, but he's loaded with some awesome accessories that are very Black Mask-esque! Another win, so far as I am concerned! Look for Black Mask to be hitting mailboxes in September!

And, if you want all this awesome DC goodness to continue into 2013, there is still time to grab a 2013 DCIE subscription from Matty Collector...

Enjoy!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (61.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (72.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (24.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (78.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (80.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (52.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (67.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (57.7 KB, 2 views)

Facebook
Old 08-01-2012, 09:56 AM   #358
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

. Check out the latest batch of DCIE 2013 photos released on Matty Collector's Facebook page.

With Saint Walker, Phantom Stranger, Elongated Man, Larfleeze and Wally West Flash, as well as the awesome sub only M. Mallah and Brain figures, 2013 is shaping up to be another epic year for DC Fans!

However, we still need those subs filled, so, for those still on the fence, grab a sub while you still can, because August 6th isn't that far off...

. Also, in DC news today, check out this awesome article posted over at the Fwoosh by forum member Wakko, who wants nothing more than to have the coolest DC-based action figure series to keep going strong into the future. Seriously, check out this guys collection of DC figures!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DC1.jpg (22.1 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DC2.jpg (27.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg DC3.jpg (23.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DC4.jpg (16.8 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DC5.jpg (15.2 KB, 4 views)
File Type: jpg DC6.jpg (45.7 KB, 3 views)

Facebook
Old 08-01-2012, 10:12 AM   #359
pud333
Master of the Universe

Elongated man is okay. Does he come with more accessories? Would be better if he had an elongated neck and stuff to make him really stand out from the pack.
Old 08-01-2012, 10:15 AM   #360
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Elongated man is okay. Does he come with more accessories? Would be better if he had an elongated neck and stuff to make him really stand out from the pack.
According to Matty's Facebook page: Elongated Man will come with a second "stretchy" hand and his mag glass.

Facebook