ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 08-16-2012, 10:07 AM   #381
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham
Re: Up-And-Coming DC Universe Classics!

During their latest Q&A with Mattel, itsalltrue.net uncovered the total number of figures that we can expect from both the Batman Unlimited and DC Unlimited lines in 2013...

From the Ask Matty Aug. 15th session:

DCClassics.Com Asks: For collectors looking to budget, how many waves/assortments is Mattel planning for the Batman & DC Unlimited retail lines in the next few months?

We are not ready to announce that yet as we need to align with retailers first.

Editor’s Note: The triumvirate “Matty Justice League” answered a similar question yesterday on the Mattel forums. The response to that answer was decidely less vague: “We are planning a total of 12 figs in the Batman Unlimited line and 10 in the DC Comics Unlimited line for 2013″.

With only 10 figures being released in the second half of this year and only 22 (so far) on tap for next year, DC Collectors can probably skip a few toy hunts for the forseeable future.

And so, there we have it. Nice to know the number, but hopefully the remaining slots won`t be filled by more Batman figures.

Thanks to Mattel and itsalltrue.net!

My Blog: Infinite Earths
Twitter: @InfinteEarths
Facebook
Prowl_2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2012, 10:17 AM   #382
pud333
Master of the Universe

TDKR Batman looks great. But the Batman Unlimited line better not be filled with too many repaints or reissues... So long as they do 90% all new toys, I'll be happy.
Old 08-17-2012, 10:32 AM   #383
Benzo
Clonetrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prowl_2009 View Post
Hey, DC Fans! For those wondering, it looks like Toys R Us Canada will start carrying the DC All-Star, DC Unlimited and Batman Unlimited lines in the coming months!

I sent the TRU Canada team a message on their Facebook page asking if these lines will be available at TRU Canada and they quickly responded back with:

Hey John, sounds like this is on the horizon. Check back closer to the holidays. Thanks!

So, as the Holiday's get closer and closer, I'll be keeping tabs on this and will be posting an update when available!
yay!!
Benzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 10:39 AM   #384
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Here is the latest Q&A session conducted by itsalltrue.net with Matty Collector...

DCClassics.Com Asks: On the Mattycollector forums, Matty Justice League said that Dark Knight Rises product will continue into 2013. Does that continuance currently include more Movie Masters?

The Dark Knight Rises line will continue as primarily a kid line at Toys R Us, but there will be a Movie Masters 3 pack with Batman from each of the three movies.

DCClassics.Com Asks: Will the 2013 Club Infinite Earths subscription still use the artwork of Mike Thompson to be consistent with the 2012 packaging?

Yes. That is the plan at this time, but anything can change.

DCClassics.Com Asks: The Red Robin & Superboy figures have come out quite a bit taller (and debatedly out of scale) than the figures as originally shown. For example, Superboy Prime is bigger than Superman. What happened there?

MattyJusticeLeague will look into this and see what he can find.

Thanks to itsalltrue.net!

Facebook
Old 09-28-2012, 09:09 AM   #385
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Here is the latest from The Fwoosh's last Q&A session with Matty Collector:

I know that villains and females are coming to the fore for requests in the club IE, what females do you feel are the most outstanding at this point? Do you have a list of 5-10 that you feel NEED to be done in order for the Universe to feel complete?

We do have a few females that come up more than others, Ice, Fire, Huntress, Liberty Bell and Granny Goodness all come up a lot.

Now that we are getting Uncle Sam and Doll Man(!) in Novemeber, I am really excited to get more FF characters like the Ray, Black Condor and Human Bomb! What about the Phantom Lady though? Do you think we stand a better chance of seeing the modern or classic take on her?

You tell us! Which would fans like to see!

Well, there you have it! Hopefully Huntress and Granny Goodness make their DCIE debut sometime in the near future. In regards to Matty's second answer, which Freedom Fighter would you guys like to see Mattel make next?

Thanks to The Fwoosh for sharing!

Facebook
Old 10-12-2012, 01:52 PM   #386
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Revealed just hours ago at NYCC 2012, two new entries into the 2013 DCIE sub line, Captain Marvel Jr. & Red Hood, based off the characters appearance in Grant Morrison's run on Batman & Robin!

Two awesome pieces I can't wait to get my hands on!

Thanks to The Fwoosh, more info as it becomes available!

More snapshots from the DCUC display at the show can be seen here...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (86.5 KB, 11 views)

Facebook

Last edited by Prowl_2009; 10-12-2012 at 01:56 PM.
Old 10-15-2012, 01:19 PM   #387
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Hey, DC Fans! Would've had this posted early Saturday morning, but ended up having to deal with a family emergency and couldn't get near a computer or wireless device to save my life, until today!

There have been some mixed feelings over the reveals of DCIE Captain Marvel Jr. and Grant Morrison's Red Hood at this weekend's NYCC, but certainly everyone will be excited to be adding DCIE Huntress to their shelves in the coming year!

That's right, for those that haven't heard, a prototype DCIE Huntress, with her crossbow, was revealed at NYCC 2012 on Saturday morning to very positive reviews!

More as this story develops, but it won't be long now before Huntress is finally part of the DCUC line!

Note: Although the figure is still in the early prototype stage, she appears to be based off the Jim Lee version featured in the hugely popular 2003 Hush story arc!

Thanks to Shane of Shoebox Heroes for sending me the pictures on Saturday!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (12.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (27.6 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (23.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (33.6 KB, 3 views)

Facebook
Old 10-16-2012, 12:12 PM   #388
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

Just on my way out, but I wanted to get this up before I left. Check out this awesome Fwoosh review of DCIE Elasti-Girl, the second over sized figure offered through Mattel's mail away club!

She uses parts from DCUC Wave 8 C&C Giganta and comes complete with a shruken down version of herself!

Now all we need is for Mattel to give us Mento and the Chief!

Look for both Elasti-Girl and Poison Ivy to be hitting your doorstep this month!

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (47.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (61.3 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (41.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (66.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (44.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (63.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (44.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (63.0 KB, 1 views)

Facebook
Old 10-17-2012, 11:13 AM   #389
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

More from this past weekend's NYCC comes to us in the form of the next two figures being offered through Mattel's Club Black Freighter - Nite-Owl and Silk Spectre!

Nite-Owl, who appears to be based off the DCUC Owlman sculpt, will come complete with a grappling hook and some sort of projectile. Based off the Daniel Dreiberg version of the character, Mattel seems to have done an awesome job, similar with Rorschach, capturing the essence of this character as he appeared within the Watchmen comic!

Silk Spectre, like Dr. Manhattan, is another story. With poor paintwork, a bad mix of solid and translucent plastics and a sloppy overall display, the figure, based off Laurel Juspeczyk, is a disappointment. However, fans should remember the putty is used in these shots simply for stability purposes and will not be included on the final figure.

Now that we've seen 4 of the 6 pieces being offered through this club, I am glad I never signed up. With two good and two not-so-good figures shown thus far, ending up with 50% in good figures is not a number I like.

Hopefully the final figures to be revealed, The Comedian and Ozymandias will change my tune.

Thanks to Shane, once again, of Shoebox Heroes for snapping and sending me the shots!

Enjoy!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (35.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (37.8 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (33.1 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (38.8 KB, 2 views)

Facebook
Old 10-24-2012, 08:35 AM   #390
Prowl_2009
Guardian of Gotham

All I can say is Wow! Check out these awesome Arkham City figures hitting online and specialty retailers soon!

Each figure will feature 26-points of articulation, superb paint work, trademark accessories and come to you in special window box style packaging!

Thanks to Square Enix!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0.jpg (67.5 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg 1.jpg (81.8 KB, 6 views)
File Type: jpg 2.jpg (76.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 3.jpg (63.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4.jpg (76.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 5.jpg (86.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 6.jpg (87.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 7.jpg (69.7 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 8.jpg (90.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 9.jpg (79.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 10.jpg (90.5 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 11.jpg (90.3 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 12.jpg (80.4 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 13.jpg (87.0 KB, 1 views)
File Type: jpg 14.jpg (95.8 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 15.jpg (93.1 KB, 1 views)

Facebook