ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 05-22-2012, 09:57 PM   #1
Jedi Master
Country Boy
Newer Tie Fighter at Zellers?

Yesterday I noticed about 9 boxes on the top shelf of a store which are the Wedge Tie Fighters. The lady at the store told me these were discontinued. The box has clear plastic so you can see in the box and includes two figures. Being a newbie in collecting Star Wars action figs, I was wondering if anyone can tell me more about these Tie Fighters. Are they worth the $56.99 they want for them? If so, I will be traveling again this weekend and will pick one up.
Jedi Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:14 PM   #2
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Newer Tie Fighter at Zellers?

Tie Fighter? I think you mean Wedge's X-Wing?
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 10:22 PM   #3
Jedi Master
Country Boy

Oops! I don't know what I was thinking! You are correct...X-Wing. I was probably looking at my Tie Fighter when I wrote this...
Old 05-22-2012, 10:40 PM   #4
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Ah, that makes more sense. I'll say this: the X-Wing is worth that much only if you want this version of the X-Wing. I think from now on, Hasbro will only be using the new smaller X-Wing scale (this is the X-Wing that you see in the TRU exclusive "Trench Run" set, it has a shorter "nose"). Probably a cost-saving measure (less plastic) and they can fit more into a truckload of toys this way.

So the Wedge X-Wing is probably the last of the "big" X-Wing toys and that may make it worth getting...
Old 05-22-2012, 10:48 PM   #5
Jedi Master
Country Boy

I appreciate the info. I'm still searching for the original ANH version in a box, that I used to have as a kid, but thought this would look cool on the shelf with the rest of the collection. I think my 12 year old daughter is mad at me because I want to leave it sealed. Might have to buy two...
Thanks again, I appreciate it!
Old 05-22-2012, 11:32 PM   #6
Slizer
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
Ah, that makes more sense. I'll say this: the X-Wing is worth that much only if you want this version of the X-Wing. I think from now on, Hasbro will only be using the new smaller X-Wing scale (this is the X-Wing that you see in the TRU exclusive "Trench Run" set, it has a shorter "nose"). Probably a cost-saving measure (less plastic) and they can fit more into a truckload of toys this way.

So the Wedge X-Wing is probably the last of the "big" X-Wing toys and that may make it worth getting...
I have both the new Trench Run X-Wing and the Wedge X-Wing sitting side by side, and they dont look any different in size to me. Same wings. if anything the new Trench run one is thicker in the nose area. Even with a measuring tape theyre the same size.

to the original poster The wedge X-Wing is nice because its a unique deco, and has a unique wedge and Astro droid. I would say go for it. But i also think i got mine cheaper a while back.

Overall its a nice X-WIng an helps to bring out a rebel armada
Slizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:41 AM   #7
Robimus
Super Moderator

Sadly, that might be the easiest way to get a Wedge figure

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 04:33 AM   #8
Napseeker
Dark Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slizer View Post
I have both the new Trench Run X-Wing and the Wedge X-Wing sitting side by side, and they dont look any different in size to me. Same wings. if anything the new Trench run one is thicker in the nose area. Even with a measuring tape theyre the same size.
Now that's odd... I don't own either but my info comes from a RScum user who had posted that the Trench Run X-Wing uses a new nose (it still uses the Wedge X-Wing cockpit and wings, but there's now a seam after the cockpit by which the apparently shorter nose is attached to the rest of the older X-Wing mold). I'd heard the new nose isn't significantly shorter than the old one though, but it's supposed to be a new sculpted nose piece and not the same as the Wedge one.

If it's the same length, I have to wonder why bother to make a new mold at all (unless it was to improve accuracy).