ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure Customs and Artwork

Old 12-31-2011, 02:12 AM   #1
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion
Zeta Flight

It was time to rebuild Canada's premier super hero team. After so many deaths to Canadian heroes over the years, it was up to The Guardian to find what he could of those still defending the great white north. Bringing them together to defend the great nation of Canada.

Intoducing Zeta Flight:
The Gaurdian
C.A.R.L
The Ogopogo
Yvwi

These are the first customs that I have actually ever finished, so please give me some critiques as well. I put a lot of work into these and would welcome any constructive criticism.

Last edited by pattycakeman; 12-31-2011 at 02:22 AM.
pattycakeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 02:14 AM   #2
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion
Re: Zeta Flight

C.A.R.L
Canadian Armed Robot Liaison
Paranoid of an attack from their neighbours to the south, the Canadian government commissioned the creation of an armed robot worthy of defending the Canadian border. After an incident during the creation of C.A.R.L the project was scrapped and so was C.A.R.L, after hearing of the project C.A.R.L was rescued from a government warehouse by the Guardian and joined the ranks of Zeta Flight.

Head/Body: Lemon Juice Container
Arms/Legs: From some random Transformer
Cannon: Crayola Markers
Backpack: Play Doh container and phone cord

Last edited by pattycakeman; 12-31-2011 at 02:20 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:17 AM   #3
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

The Ogopogo
From the depths of the Okanagan Lake comes the Ogopogo, the large lake creature was originally a demon possessed man who had murdered a well known and respected man. To pay for his sins, the Indian gods changed him into a lake serpent so he would forever be at the scene of his crime and suffer eternal remorse. Now with the opportunity to make amends for his sins he vows to protect all innocents against the evil that he once was.

Head: From McDonalds Shrek toy, Donkey’s baby, heavily modified.
Body: Tail from dollar store dinosaur, with lots of sculpting and modifying
Humps: Clay sculpt
Arms/Legs: From some Ben 10 figure

Head, Arms and Legs are all articulated.

Last edited by pattycakeman; 12-31-2011 at 02:19 AM.
Old 12-31-2011, 02:18 AM   #4
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

Yvwi
From a race of small humanoid nature spirits, sometimes, He is usually invisible but sometimes reveal themselves as miniature child-sized people. The Yunwi Tsunsdi are benevolent creatures who frequently help humans in Cherokee stories, but they have magical powers and are said to harshly punish people who are disrespectful or aggressive towards them. After wandering out of the forest and interacting with humans, Yvwi decides not to return but to instead live amongst the humans and help the race that he has become so fond of.

Repaint of a little people Cave Man

Old 12-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #5
Robimus
Super Moderator

Very creative. What paint did you use?

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 05:08 PM   #6
pattycakeman
Cylon Centurion

Thanks!
I actually experimented with a few different paints on these. Since I didn't know much about painting before I started other than what I've read on custom forums.
For C.A.R.L I used dollar store paints I wanted a grainy junk yard look to him which I think I got only problem its that the paint chips easily.
For Yvwi I again used dollar store paints but mixed it with pledge with future floor polish. I got the mossy forest look I wanted and the paint is much much stronger.

Next for the ogopogo I used a base cost of krylon fusion spray paint this made the cheap dollar store plastic really sticky. I followed it up with a coat if tamiya spray which actually got rid if the stickiness. Gave me the super dark green shiny color I wanted almost like slimy water. Then used some dollar store paint with future for the light green which have it the perfect mossy look and feel. And used tamiya paint for the eyes.

I learnt a lot about paint during this project.

Last edited by pattycakeman; 12-31-2011 at 05:10 PM.