ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 01-05-2020, 02:49 AM   #1
cloud
Master of the Universe
McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse toyline

https://mcfarlane.com/news/mcfarlane...cs-multiverse/

Let the conversation begin!

It's different than what Mattel has offered. They all look like brand new sculpts. They are 7 inch scale, which is bigger than what we have before and closer to what DC Collectibles have offered.

EB Games currently have them up for pre-order. I'm hoping this line does well enough that we will see lots of live action characters. Love to see a 7" Catwoman and Batman from Batman Returns. CW Captain Cold, most of the Legends of Tomorrow characters.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 11:27 AM   #2
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con
Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse toyline

The 7 inch scale kills the line for me. I like all my figures to scale regardless of brand. Can’t have random Batman towering over my Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series figures. If they turn out a tad smaller I might grab the odd figure here or there, but honestly not looking forward to another line with 3 Batman and 3 Superman figures in every wave. I feel like the wave right out of the gate should have had far more variety in it.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:06 PM   #3
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

We have some of these available for pre-order as well.

https://www.canucktibles.ca/collections/pre-orders
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2020, 12:22 PM   #4
MichaelScarn6969
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
The 7 inch scale kills the line for me. I like all my figures to scale regardless of brand. Can’t have random Batman towering over my Marvel Legends and Star Wars Black Series figures. If they turn out a tad smaller I might grab the odd figure here or there, but honestly not looking forward to another line with 3 Batman and 3 Superman figures in every wave. I feel like the wave right out of the gate should have had far more variety in it.
They probably have to make some money first with the first wave that’s why it’s Superman and Batman heavy. Collectors will obviously want variety, myself included, but the casual buyer will see a Batman and Superman sitting on the shelf and will be more likely to buy it. I full expect more variety in upcoming waves.

I expect there to be at least 1 Batman per wave though which is fine. I can never have enough Batman in my collection. Can’t wait for my order from canucktibles!!
MichaelScarn6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 02:17 AM   #5
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Yeah, that got me worried too. There's a not a good balance of villains.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 01:03 PM   #6
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Well count me in as interested and optimistic. McFarlane has done a great job with the Harry Potter and Fortnite figs and I think they've earned a place in my collection.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2020, 04:57 PM   #7
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
The 7 inch scale kills the line for me. I like all my figures to scale regardless of brand....
I’m right there with you Alexander. I’ve invested too much $$$ in my 6 inch scale collection to start over in a new scale. I’m actually happy about this, as it allows me an out to slow down my collecting days. I’ve pretty much run out of room anyway, plus I’m content with my DCUC/Multiverse collection, that I’ll probably just cherry-pick any MacFarlane figures I think I can fudge into my existing collection. There’s got to be a few oversized characters that I can squeeze in. For instance, I had been hoping for a DCUC Girder figure to add to my Flash’s Rogues Gallery. Hopefully a MacFarlane one (if ever made) could work. Basically what I’ve been doing with a few Marvel Select figures and my Marvel Legends collection...
I do hope at some point down the line that MacFarlane Batmobile or a similar one can see a regular release at some point instead of as a BAF. I’d buy that regardless of any scale issues it may cause with my existing collection

Anyway, I happy for those of you who wanted 7 inch figures and hope you all get the characters you’re interested in.
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2020, 10:08 PM   #8
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Got Harley Animated today at EB. Very cool figure. Couple of minor paint issues (one on the back leg where it touched the plastic). The red joints being a slightly different red from the other plastic is a bit too noticeable to me.

The scale doesn't bother me much as I am more choosy now getting figures I want instead of a whole wave and 4 or 40 more Batmans.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2020, 12:27 AM   #9
tfHunter
Mutant

Picked up Action Comics Supes. Great figure. As some video reviewers have mentioned, he only has single jointed elbows, his thighs are a bit skinny from the front and he comes with only 1 fisted hand. Other than that I am well pleased with him. I'm waiting for more 80s inspired Batman to go along with him for sure. The joints are very sturdy and most of them are ratcheted. His ankle joints are very solid as well. If these scaled with ML, it would be near perfect for me.
tfHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2020, 01:06 AM   #10
wedge1021
Mutant

I've always wanted to get a good looking Batman figure at least, but have been holding out for a true Legends-scaled one. I guess now with McFarlane taking over and going with the 7" scale, that's not gonna happen anytime soon.

BUT the figure quality in this line looks pretty nice so far, nice enough that I might consider picking up more than just the Detective Comics #1000 Batman (which is the style of Batman I prefer). The Animated figures in particular are enticing to me, as I have a soft spot for the DCAU, especially BTAS.

I have zero DC figures in my collection, so scale is a bit less of a concern to me. It'd be nice to have them all at 6" scale to stand beside my Legends and Black Series, but most likely I'll never mix the lines on a shelf anyways so it's not a deal breaker.

I also like that there are no BAFs in this line, which makes it much easier to just pick up the figures I want, and the price point isn't too bad either. If I do go after these, I'll hopefully try to stick to Batman-related characters, and maybe the Animated subline. Plus the odd "iconic look" figure of other DC characters like a good Superman, Wonder Woman, and a few more major JL characters.

Last edited by wedge1021; 02-09-2020 at 01:12 AM.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote