ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 02-28-2009, 02:35 PM   #1
SPLIT LIP
Astonishingly Agile Cat
Anyone here order from BBTS?

I'm sure some of you have. I've heard nothign but good things from US collectors and their selection is great. What I want to know is: how much does it usually cost to have BBTS ship to Canada? I know there's duty fees, exchange rate and such, but I don't know how much the shipping fees can be. Also, how long does it usually take to arrive after shipping?

Thanks for helping if you can.
Old 02-28-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
GMfan101
Cobra Trooper
Re: Anyone here order from BBTS?

Never used them myself but I have heard good things too
GMfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:36 PM   #3
Batman
Super Friend

I have bought from them a lot over the last few years. If you create an account, you can add the items to your cart and see how much shipping is going to cost you. My last order consisted of 1 single card Gijoe, 2 Universe deluxes and 3 Animated deluxes and shipping only cost me $19.59 (USPS Airmail). The items are really well packaged and I have never received a damaged toy. I'm in Ottawa and it takes about 5 business days. Beware though that Canada post almost always charges me custom fees.
Batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:43 PM   #4
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bustajesse View Post
Beware though that Canada post almost always charges me custom fees.
Yeah, I've been tagged with custom fees from BBTS as well, more so than any other US company I order from. I don't know if it's random or specifically targetted cause they know what's in those boxes, but whatever.

They have a "pile of loot" system where you can put items in and basically hold onto until you ship them in one shipment, which saves on shipping charges. If you add in stock items, BBTS will charge your credit card as you put them in, and preorders will be charged once they come in. The system is great. The only thing is sometimes they get products in anywhere up to a month or so after other places. I think part of this is because they strictly adhere to the street date releases. for example, the Marvel Universe figures were on sale online at various retailers weeks before the actual release date. BBTS waited until permission was given to release the items by Hasbro.

If you cancel an order, and they've already charged you for it, you will get a store credit. Long story short, they're pretty good. Their packaging has always been decent.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
DECEPTICON_BRAWL

i bought a beast wars megatron g2 megatron and animated leader class megatron from there(sepretly of course) .it took about a week or so for each of them to get here.they are great to buy from and i am definitly not done buying from them!
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 12:18 PM   #6
Tech Spec

I have bought a ton from BBTS, the pile of loot option is fantastic! It really helps and saves on shipping.

Its hard to dodge those customs fees though
Tech Spec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 10:08 PM   #7
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

I agree, I have picked up a bunch of stuff from them over the years including transformers and most of gijoe sigma 6. Decent prices...ok shipping, but customs is a bitch...

Last edited by Team Jetfire; 03-04-2009 at 10:25 PM.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 02:50 PM   #8
bambam
Super Friend

I've ordered from BBTS more than any other online store because of the fantastic 'pile of loot' feature and they have the largest selection. They are largest independent toy seller onilne. Back in 2005, they reported $14 million in revenue. That may also be the reason why their parcels rarely escape customs. Only 1 out of my 10 BBTS orders has come through customs unscathed.
bambam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 07:17 PM   #9
DECEPTICON_BRAWL

whats this about customs?
DECEPTICON_BRAWL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 11:58 AM   #10
bambam
Super Friend

It's all about collecting taxes on your import purchase:
CanadaPostCustomsInfo