ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 01-13-2016, 10:44 AM   #31
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight
Re: Star Wars Bandai Kit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchbox83 View Post
I may be the last person to catch up to this stuff, but um... where might one be able to buy a C-3PO Bandai kit? Any Toronto area stores, perhaps? Or would it have to be online somewhere?

They are import only due to licensing issues is NA, so If you find one at say a comic or hobby shop the prices will be all sorts of jacked up. Amazon.ca has fair prices on that kit just gotta wait a bit longer than normal due to it shipping from Japan.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #32
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by lunchbox83 View Post
I may be the last person to catch up to this stuff, but um... where might one be able to buy a C-3PO Bandai kit? Any Toronto area stores, perhaps? Or would it have to be online somewhere?
What turtle_power said.

I bought mine from this guy on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw...andai&_sacat=0

BUT, he seems to have DOUBLED his prices since then (only bought them a few weeks ago). I paid $18.20 for C-3PO, $14.40 for the astromechs, and $16.20 for Boba Fett. He's now got the prices up to $39.80 for 3PO, $29.80 for the astromechs, and Fett seems to be sold out now. I did post the link to him back then so maybe he got a lot of orders all of a sudden and now he's running low. He had great service though, and shipping was super fast for coming from Japan.

If you can find the kits for the prices I paid, either on ebay or amazon, then I think that was pretty much the lowest I could find at the time. Remember to factor shipping into the equation too. Prices noted above are all in USD too, so there's the crappy exchange rate to think about as well.

EDIT: Dang, I just did a search, looks like I grabbed the kits just at the right time! I'm not seeing anything much less than $32-40 USD anymore. Maybe stock is getting low on the older kits, or these are the "post-Christmas" back-to-regular-prices listings. Now I wish I had grabbed a few of the other kits while I was at it.

Last edited by wedge1021; 01-13-2016 at 01:50 PM.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 02:26 PM   #33
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

wow! I was hovering over "buy now" on the 3PO kit just before xmas on amazon.ca for around $38 CDN w/free shipping... it has now jumped to $62

Saw Fett on there just now for $36 CDN though

...damn! Should have given into the dark side a few weeks back instead of trying to be financially responsible. I feel like i missed the bus and now have to wait on the hasbro 3PO with a red arm **insert the price is right's losing jingle here**
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 04:29 PM   #34
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Yah the Bandai kits have really shot up in price lately. Well there is the upcoming R2/3P0 Figuarts and Mafex option. They look really good. They aren't cheap though.

MAFEX

Figuarts

MULTIPLEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2016, 10:21 PM   #35
wedge1021
Mutant

Does anyone have any of the Bandai ships? I'm trying to figure out how big they actually are. I know they all have scales noted, but that doesn't really help.
If you have any, it would be great if you could post the height/width of whatever you have!
Old 01-14-2016, 02:05 AM   #36
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Does anyone have any of the Bandai ships? I'm trying to figure out how big they actually are. I know they all have scales noted, but that doesn't really help.
If you have any, it would be great if you could post the height/width of whatever you have!
I don't own any (slippery slope!) but here is a video that shows the various sizes. I think they also touch upon the distribution issues.

http://www.animeinferno.com.au/2015/...outside-japan/

Old 01-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #37
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
I don't own any (slippery slope!) but here is a video that shows the various sizes. I think they also touch upon the distribution issues.

http://www.animeinferno.com.au/2015/...outside-japan/
Hmm, the size appears to be smaller than I had hoped. They are still awesomely detailed, and look very nice, but I was hoping for something a little bigger yet, maybe 1.5x the size they've done. Though that would take up more room on my shelves. I think I'll stick to trying to pick up a few more of the figures, and stay with my Hasbro ships for now.
Old 01-14-2016, 11:50 PM   #38
Richardo
Cylon Centurion

I just want to send a big shout out to Multiplex for highlighting these kits! I received my sets from Japan over the holidays , and 2 weeks later, they're 80% done (just need to do some decal work):

This is probably the best 6" C3-PO we're going to get and I'm so happy to add him to my collection. I haven't made a kit since Gundam Wing was on YTV, so I was nervous to start. And while my lines aren't the cleanest, I love the final product.

They fit right in with the 6" Black Series:

Thanks again Multiplex! Here's one last shot of the rest of my Star Wars collection:

Richardo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2016, 01:36 AM   #39
MULTIPLEX
Decepticon

Holy crap! That's one helluva display. Special kudos for the original clone wars figures. I love those figures. They are my favorite. I see you even have the 3 pack exclusives.That Bandai 3P0 and R2 and BB-8 look damn good even without any details. Well done and glad you enjoyed them so much. Are you planning on tackling anymore?

Any requests for the next set to showcase?

Last edited by MULTIPLEX; 01-16-2016 at 01:45 AM.
Old 01-16-2016, 10:34 AM   #40
Richardo
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by MULTIPLEX View Post
Holy crap! That's one helluva display. Special kudos for the original clone wars figures. I love those figures. They are my favorite. I see you even have the 3 pack exclusives.That Bandai 3P0 and R2 and BB-8 look damn good even without any details. Well done and glad you enjoyed them so much. Are you planning on tackling anymore?

Any requests for the next set to showcase?
Thanks! Yes, the animated clone wars was a great series... I just wish the figures had more articulation! It's a pain trying to get them to stand, so it's one of the only times I've needed to use the figure stands.

The Bandai models look fantastic when put together. I was considering giving them a coat of paint as per your guide, but decided to take it easy. It was really the 3PO that I was most interested in adding to the collection and he didn't require a lot of paint work anyways.

The only reason I bought these models was to fill in gaps in the 6" series, so I'll probably stop now before I get too deep lol. I was interested in the 1/12th Phasma for the chromed out look, but the preorder prices are just too high at the moment. Something to keep an eye on.

I'd love to see the work you've done on the Boba Fett kit if you have one complete. Or maybe Vader?
Richardo is offline   Reply With Quote