ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 05-08-2013, 01:14 AM   #391
Hantei
Master of the Universe
Re: What Are You Watching?

This is some really cool Dragon Ball Z stop motion. It's got voices, sound effects, and soundtracks from the show! If this doesn't make you want the Figuarts figures...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyBnlOtDWCs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0cfC-ldBj4
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2013, 07:53 PM   #392
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Iron Man 3, caught it on the IMAX yesterday. I really liked it. The finale with all the suits was really awesome! I think there must have been more armor suiting up in this movie than in all the other movies combined (IM1-2 and Avengers). I also like how Jarvis seemed to have a bit more of an active role this time. And oh man, haha, that hilarious how Guy Pearce looked when he first appeared in the beginning, that was so unexpected. Also that after credits scene was really great too!

Though I must admit, I thought it dragged a little when they brought in the kid. The Mandarin thing definitely caught me off guard and was certainly disappointing. That's not say I didn't enjoy it at first though. I was hoping for at least an appearance of the black and silver War Machine.
Old 05-20-2013, 09:39 PM   #393
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Star Trek Into Darkness, caught it on IMAX this past Saturday. It was really good! I thought the 3D worked really well in this movie (especially when they're warping, and the credits). There was one scene that heavily reminded me of Dead Space, haha, that was so cool to see. Very interested in seeing what JJ Abrams can do for Star Wars now.

I think probably liked this one more than Iron Man 3. If anything, I would definitely go see Star Trek Into Darkness again before Iron Man 3.
Old 06-10-2013, 08:06 PM   #394
Hantei
Master of the Universe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yTVFBp7VP4

Ooo, I can't wait for this one! I must admit it's a little odd hearing Kiefer Sutherland voicing Snake instead of David Hayter, but I think it'll work. Blood Diamonds, child soldiers, Snake even killing them (at least that's how it looks), hmmm...
Old 02-17-2014, 02:05 AM   #395
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Went for a double feature today.

LEGO Movie, this was awesome. I was very surprised by this, great cast and unexpected cameos/easter eggs. Haha, I think think we were the only group of adults in there without any kids. I recommend catching this at a late show time. We went for a 2:30 showing and was not expecting the turn it received. Haha, we ended having to sit in the very front row. Lots of kids, babies crying, and the volume was a little low (understandable for children/families, but would have gone for a later time if we were aware that this was going to happen). Might have to see this one again, but at late screening instead. "Everything is Awesome!" **Also, I know it's a WB movie, but I hope hope hope they can bring in some Marvel characters for the sequel.

RoboCop (2014), surprised that I enjoyed this as much as I did. Thought this was one of the better remakes of classic movies. Only things I didn't like were the black outfit (nothing beats the gray/steel metal + black look) and the under use of the classic theme by Basil Poledouris.

Last edited by Hantei; 02-17-2014 at 02:28 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 01:28 AM   #396
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Crazy fluid Lego stop motion! Very impressive, love how the creator used the music from the movies and voices from the cartoons.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxFiq0jj5cg
Old 05-13-2014, 08:55 PM   #397
jacobot
clone179

Agents of Shield Finale

Coulson in Charge
jacobot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2014, 02:50 PM   #398
Hantei
Master of the Universe

Godzilla (2014), caught an advanced screening last night. It was really good! It takes a while before they get to the full reveal of him though. I need that NECA Godzilla figure now!

Also, they were handing these out. Though it turned out to be pointless as we ended up with a 2D screening instead of 3D. Glad I decided to take off my glasses within the first 30min.

Old 05-29-2014, 09:32 PM   #399
Hantei
Master of the Universe

X-Men Days of Future Past, caught this on cheap Tuesday. It was easily the best X-Men film released thus far. Loved the future action, nice to see the X-Men working as a team. Blink was probably the stand out for me. Surprisingly I think Wolverine had the least action (if any, really) in this movie.
Old 05-29-2014, 10:59 PM   #400
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

"Deadbeat" on Hulu.

I laughed a good bit.

Its a comedy about a fat slacker/loser who can see the dead. Instead of capitalizing he spends his time trying to get high with his drug dealer. There's a lot to it that I haven't explained here. Its a half hour show and it is funny (to me), but may not be for everyone.

I will say this, the first episode has the lead having sex with a granny while possesed by a ghost, and then going again after the possession is over. (Funny? I say yes)
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote