ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 09-19-2017, 11:59 AM   #11
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe
Re: Big Bad Toy Store Question

I also got dinged with every BBTS order I've made.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 12:10 PM   #12
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

I have been dinged a couple of times from BBTS when my order was around the $100 mark or more but if it was $50 to $80 then I was fine. I also noticed around mid-November to early January when my orders were over $100 I did not get dinged.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2017, 10:45 PM   #13
chuskers
Cobra Trooper

In case anyone is curious, 2 19.99 figures from amazon.com come to 65.00 and change with no further customs charges
chuskers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 09:40 PM   #14
fjjr
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
I think customs only hits packages if they are within a certain size/weight. I ordered the Hasbro Masterpiece Optimus Prime from BBTS which with shipping was around $180, but it got hit hard by customs and ended up costing me almost $300.
Well, I just ordered a bunch of figures from BBTS. Total for the figures was $166 US (which was listed as the value on the import sheet).
Customs charged me $35.17 for GST/PST/handling, using a Canadian dollar value of $210 for the package.
You say you ended up paying almost $300 with customs, well I don't know what happened but maybe someone is after you or something. I'd check with them through the internet but who knows if you can trust them.
fjjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2017, 05:23 AM   #15
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjjr View Post
Well, I just ordered a bunch of figures from BBTS. Total for the figures was $166 US (which was listed as the value on the import sheet).
Customs charged me $35.17 for GST/PST/handling, using a Canadian dollar value of $210 for the package.
You say you ended up paying almost $300 with customs, well I don't know what happened but maybe someone is after you or something. I'd check with them through the internet but who knows if you can trust them.
Well you paid almost $250 after everything (exchange, duties, etc.)

So add $14 more to his total ($180 vs. your $166) and you can add up his to about $270-$280 CDN (after a similar duties rate) and you guys are roughly in the same ballpark. Based on initial purchase price. Granted he doesn't specify his exact amount, just almost $300.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2022, 05:53 AM   #16
Dumitru Ivanov
Red Shirt

$300 sounds like quite a lot to me, especially for moderately small packages.
Old 12-12-2022, 08:34 PM   #17
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuskers View Post
Hello fellow collectors, wondering if anyone here from Ontario has ordered a case of marvel legends from BBTS recently. Looking to see how much shipping was, any duty paid etc ...

Thanks for your help
Unless BBTS changed the layout. You can put the item in your cart and there is an eta shipping cost.
As for tax. Be prepared to pay for your normal tax plus the CRA bully fee. They charge you for making them work.... on top of you paying them. A bunch of Guardians of the Galaxies.
And then there is the scenario of them not charging you tax. Probabilities.

That being said, most cases you will get dinged tax with orders from BBTS. Mostly because they have their own shipping box and tapes so customs can see this maybe a large box of expensive collectibles.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2022, 12:13 AM   #18
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

I actually haven't been charged the last several times I got stuff from BBTS. It might depend on where it enters the country. I'm sure some areas are busier than others and just push stuff through.
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote