ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 12-10-2020, 02:28 PM   #171
Madex
Red Shirt
Re: McFarlane Toys DC Multiverse toyline

flashpoint already sold out that’s irritating.
Madex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 03:05 PM   #172
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield

Just hold out on the amazon listings to go live, they'll be cheaper anyway
StaticShin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 03:37 PM   #173
Madex
Red Shirt

Oh I though he was exclusive lol hopefully Amazon wouldn’t cancel him like my deathstroke.
Old 12-10-2020, 05:49 PM   #174
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toradoch View Post
Thanks for sharing!

So tempted to order and return the 2 pack coming...but who knows...perhaps Nightwing will be good for customs. He's pretty plane, so could be a decent base.
I end up buying the blue Nightwing to complete my Batmobile and support local shop during the early shut down. Turns out he is a solid figure. Wont be disappointed.
Only downside to this red Nightwing repaint is that we will get the same figure with a laughing head sculpt soon
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 03:16 PM   #175
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wedge1021 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Onslaught View Post
Quote:
So with these being marked as "R Exclusive", does that mean the Amazon pre-order I made for this wave back in August is going to be cancelled on January 7 when it says it's supposed to ship?
They seem to be timed exclusives. This wave in the US was Walmart exclusive for a time, but they're now showing up at other stores as well. It should be the same for the Dark Knights wave here with TRU.
OK thanks. Fingers crossed regardless, given Amazon's track record of cancellations on just about everything.
Well, got the cancellation from Amazon on these, as I was expecting.
3 days before they were listed to be released.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 04:57 PM   #176
Madex
Red Shirt

Quote:
Well, got the cancellation from Amazon on these, as I was expecting.
3 days before they were listed to be released.
Same thing happened to me when I preordered deathstroke bought him when he went in stock it’s very annoying this keeps happening.
Old 01-02-2021, 05:01 PM   #177
Ksteel
Mutant

Its crazy they released near 50 DC McF figures this year.

Does anyone have a Top 10?

These are mine.

Honorable mentions.

Wonder Woman 84: Really well done facesculpt if you can find a good one. Body proportions are awkward and scale is off, otherwise it would be a top ten.

Bat Raptor: For the price, it's damned impressive. However, the design of the triangular-looking vehicle is so bizarre with limited posing options with the figures. I think a Bat Cycle would have been a better choice, and more iconic.

Merciless: Excellent figure. The only drawback of course is it's a BAF, and the other figures in the line needed to complete this are less appealing.

The Best:

10) Batman: White Knight: Most Youtube channels seem to agree this was a great one. Looks very close to the artwork. This should have been the Wave One Batman release!

9) Flash: The Lightning effects make this. It can look incredible on a shelf. Solid running posing options.

8 ) Flashpoint Batman: Badass figure. Looks very close to the artwork. Love the posing options with the guns.

7) Batman Who Laughs (Both versions): Either version is nightmare-inducing and therefore awesome, depending on your preference.

6) Red Hood (Single-packed version): Great paintwork on this. The mask looks really stunning with the paint they used.

5) Superman 1000: Could be the definitive mass retail Superman figure. Great sculpt. Very detailed. The giant 3D shield looks fantastic. The accessory of the flightstand makes this one really stand out on display.

4) Arkham Knight Batman: Wow. This one could easily be #1. Incredible sculpt. Just make sure you find one with a good paintjob.

3) Hellbat: This figure is a great value for it's price. It's basically a deluxe figure for standard pricing. Menacing sculpt. The wings will look solid on a shelf. Not ideal for play with kids, but fantastic for collectors on display.

2) Azrael (Red Version): This figure is a work of art. They did the 'cape' parts in an impressive way. The fire sword accessory really makes it stand out. You can get some incredible poses here.

1) Devastator: This figure... $20 CAD

Nuff said.

The Worst:

Dishonorable Mention:

Batmobile BAF:
This was dumb.

5) Batgirl: Weird anime face. Too stylized. Way too oversized with awkward proportions.

4) Harley Quinn: Not surprised this one is a pegwarmer over here. The sculpt is way too stylized. She looks like a mutant.

3) Deathstroke: This figure is a disappointment. They had a great sculpt. Good paint apps... and then they ruined the articulation to the point where it is a dysfunctional figure. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVcia8OsJvA Needed better accessories too.

2) Animated Batman and Superman: Lol. I can't even with these. Anthony's Customs has a hilarious review of these on YT. They don't match the source material. Their proportions are ridiculous, and even the articulation is disappointing.

1) Batman 1000: This is supposed to be a Batman-centric line... yet their first standard Batman is this terrible. Really weird proportions on this one, from the tiny weird looking headsculpt... to the unnatural body proportions. It looks like a frankenstien-ian mess that doesn't match the artwork.

Overall more good than bad. This definitely isn't a completionist line. Its not gonna appeal to everyone, and the quality varies greatly. It's best to buy the ones that appeal to your own sensibilities.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 11:45 PM   #178
ghostlurk29
Mutant

Azrael is probably my top McFarlane figure, followed by White Knight Batman. The artwork they're based on gives the figures a MOTUC look.

Devastator frustrates me by not being Doomsday.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2021, 01:40 AM   #179
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Red Hood up for pre-order on Amazon.ca (ships Jan. 24/21):

https://www.amazon.ca/DC-Multiverse-...TCTAV45J8YGWBY
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2021, 05:23 AM   #180
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Question for the folks who found animated Superman for 2 cents at Walmart.... was there a clearance tag saying 2 cents or did you have to scan with a price finder to see if the figure was actually that cheap?
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote