ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 07-13-2023, 07:53 AM   #741
Canukle
Clonetrooper
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

My guess is that the figures will go for closer to $70 - especially once more classic 80's Nightforce characters are released or revealed. Fans of the sub-line that didn't back the Dragonfly will want those for their complete set
Canukle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 01:34 PM   #742
Robimus
Super Moderator

I'm totally flipping the three unlocks myself.

I just want the Dragonfly and Wild Bill.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 02:00 PM   #743
Canukle
Clonetrooper

I wonder what the secondary market for these Classified Haslabs will be, once we start getting them. I hear anecdotes about SkyStrikers sitting around un-sold, and tons of people bought multiple hoping to flip them and recoup their costs. I read forum posts about people buying 10+ HISS tanks hoping for crazy profits. And they will undoubtedly sit un-sold for months.

I have no doubt that The Dragonfly will fully un-lock all tiers, but it's been crawling along, relative to the HISS's campaign. Is that because people that would otherwise buy on the secondary market wised-up and just backed the campaign? Are re-sellers realizing that they might not be able to sell the extra 7 they'd otherwise order and are only getting what they actually want?

Will be interesting to see how this affects whatever campaign comes next. By then, we'll have the HISS in hand (and closets)
Old 07-13-2023, 03:09 PM   #744
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canukle View Post
I wonder what the secondary market for these Classified Haslabs will be, once we start getting them. I hear anecdotes about SkyStrikers sitting around un-sold, and tons of people bought multiple hoping to flip them and recoup their costs. I read forum posts about people buying 10+ HISS tanks hoping for crazy profits. And they will undoubtedly sit un-sold for months.

I have no doubt that The Dragonfly will fully un-lock all tiers, but it's been crawling along, relative to the HISS's campaign. Is that because people that would otherwise buy on the secondary market wised-up and just backed the campaign? Are re-sellers realizing that they might not be able to sell the extra 7 they'd otherwise order and are only getting what they actually want?

Will be interesting to see how this affects whatever campaign comes next. By then, we'll have the HISS in hand (and closets)

The Skystriker is all over the place. One recently sold for less than the Haslab price. Others have sold for only a bit more, and others still sold for almost double. Then you have the currently listed ones, and some haven't sold but their price is lower than others that have sold.

I am a bit surprised since it was one of the lower selling Haslabs. I thought for sure it would maintain a strong secondary market price. Maybe it will end up like the 30th/ME Skystriker. That thing was clearanced out at Walmart here for $20, and for a good while it was easy to get cheap. Now it is selling for over $200CDN (sealed).

So maybe give it a couple more years and, if we are lucky, it will see a crazy jump in price like the 30th version.

I think a lot of the recent Haslabs are great, but since they were made in such large quantities (relatively) they probably won't go for the crazy prices of the Sail Barge and Unicron. However they still have a positive return if you no longer want it.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 03:13 PM   #745
Robimus
Super Moderator

I didn't go in on the Hiss, so I'm kinda hoping for the Skystriker style market saturation.

I may never get one, and would be ok with that. But I'm hoping reasonable chances to get one on after market will exist.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 05:27 PM   #746
Canukle
Clonetrooper

You'll probably be able to get one for a good price, if you wait a few months. Everyone will hold onto those "profit prices" for as long as they can, but I think they'll cool off by Summer. There were just so many orders... they can't ALL be army-builders
Old 07-13-2023, 06:33 PM   #747
TriBlurr
Red Shirt

Glenda had been unlocked
TriBlurr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2023, 05:37 AM   #748
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Dragonfly:

16,217 / 10,000 (+392) 162.17% of funding goal with 3d 18h left.

Well Glenda, as expected, unlocked in the last 24 hours so now on to Crazylegs. Barring some crazy, unexpected, drop off he'll unlock no later than the last day. The whole project should break 20,000 backers as well.
Old 07-15-2023, 06:42 AM   #749
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Dragonfly:

16,817 /10,000 (+600) 168.17% of funding goal with 2d 17h left.

WOW! Well it looks like we are finally hitting that final days bump. 600 backers in 24hrs?? That is good to see and bodes well for Crazylegs to unlock by the final bell.
Old 07-15-2023, 09:16 AM   #750
Dangard Ace
Cobra Trooper

Here's hoping he gets unlocked. Those middle lacklustre backing days are making his unlocking ...... interesting.
Dangard Ace is offline   Reply With Quote