ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 05-19-2012, 09:37 AM   #11
t.wizard
Clonetrooper
Re: Marvel Universe 3 3/4-inch Action Figures Released in Canada

Does anyone have news on Wave 18? According to Wiki (I know, not the best place for info) it was supposed to be released in March. The date changed to July and combined with wave 19. Now it's date has been changed back to March.

Same with Wave 10 of the double packs. I've seen one of each once at different comic stores and nothing since. Have these popped up at any Walmarts or TRU yet?
t.wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 10:31 AM   #12
pandaprime
Master of the Universe

whoa, this is a very old thread...
Old 05-19-2012, 11:50 AM   #13
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

Super old, but to answer the question. No haven't seen or heard about wave 18. I don't think its even out in the states.
Old 05-19-2012, 02:27 PM   #14
protoform_ironhide
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.wizard View Post
Does anyone have news on Wave 18? According to Wiki (I know, not the best place for info) it was supposed to be released in March. The date changed to July and combined with wave 19. Now it's date has been changed back to March.

Same with Wave 10 of the double packs. I've seen one of each once at different comic stores and nothing since. Have these popped up at any Walmarts or TRU yet?
Just get them from Ebay. They arent' that expensive anyways. Which characters are u looking for?
protoform_ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 09:22 AM   #15
t.wizard
Clonetrooper

I'm looking for all of them. Ebay is a good option but I like the chase as much as the catch.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #16
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Yeah, I haven't heard anything about wave 18 either. I only saw pictures of them on Hasbro's website. I guess that means they should be coming soon. I'm not even sure if diamond's previews had a listing for that wave.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 03:27 PM   #17
t.wizard
Clonetrooper

I'm thinking that they held off so as not to compete with the Avenger toy line.

On a bit of a side note. Has anyone ever submitted a question for those yearly "Hasbro listens to fans" threads? and do they actually listen? A buddy of mine came up with an awesome idea for the MU line. Instead of a stand and an optic blast, fire, energy ray add-on they do a BAF. We could have a MODOK, Kree Sentry, , Lockjaw, Goliath, Volstag, etc. The list goes on. SLightly larger figs then the regular line. Oh well, just a thought.

Man I would love a Kree Sentry
Old 05-20-2012, 07:22 PM   #18
Napseeker
Dark Knight

The only problem I think is that then you'd force folks to buy figures they'd otherwise avoid (I've yet to see a wave of MU where I'd want every figure, usually just 3 or 4) AND Hasbro would increase the cost of each figure to pay for the extra plastic used by the BaF part.

That's what happened with Dr Who when they included a BaF "Robot", the figures cost $25 each... in the next release when they dropped the BaF, price went down to $20 thankfully.

Skip BaF and just release Modok or whomever in a battlepack or something.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 07:41 PM   #19
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by t.wizard View Post
I'm thinking that they held off so as not to compete with the Avenger toy line.

On a bit of a side note. Has anyone ever submitted a question for those yearly "Hasbro listens to fans" threads? and do they actually listen? A buddy of mine came up with an awesome idea for the MU line. Instead of a stand and an optic blast, fire, energy ray add-on they do a BAF. We could have a MODOK, Kree Sentry, , Lockjaw, Goliath, Volstag, etc. The list goes on. SLightly larger figs then the regular line. Oh well, just a thought.

Man I would love a Kree Sentry
Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
The only problem I think is that then you'd force folks to buy figures they'd otherwise avoid (I've yet to see a wave of MU where I'd want every figure, usually just 3 or 4) AND Hasbro would increase the cost of each figure to pay for the extra plastic used by the BaF part.

That's what happened with Dr Who when they included a BaF "Robot", the figures cost $25 each... in the next release when they dropped the BaF, price went down to $20 thankfully.

Skip BaF and just release Modok or whomever in a battlepack or something.
That's most likely the reason Hasbro decided not to release wave 18. It would compete with their Avengers toys.

I agree. The BaF is a nice idea, but the cost per figure would go up. The battle pack route would be a better option. MODOK with 2 AIM Soldiers or something.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 05-20-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 09:32 PM   #20
t.wizard
Clonetrooper

Good point. Figures are expensive enough. Speaking of battle packs, has anyone every come across one? I saw one at a Comic Expo but that's it.

Tags
marvel universe