ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 09-20-2022, 06:57 PM   #5921
lifedragon99
Decepticon
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
Yup figured it was a scam, I read the about us section and knew right away.

anyways on to another scam....a bit more legal

Seems TRU has decided to price the Spider Man Noir...as well a real 2 pack.

https://i.postimg.cc/RZPTxY8c/spidernoir.jpg

84.99 , yeah...looks like you really took the "2 pack" thing too serious.

TRU needs a slap.
I wouldn't because I'd be afraid of being caught, but that price has me considering Fig Swapping with a cheap dollar store figure.

Are they trying to go out of business?
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 07:52 PM   #5922
Ksteel
Mutant

Fig swapping is totally happening nowadays with those boxes.

Quite frequently at Wal-Marts in the US.

Within the upcoming months, it's going to be pretty commonplace over here.

I'm long finished buying new Hasbro products, Open Box Items on the secondary market are a safer bet amidst this era of plastic-free packaging.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Well that's a spoiler I didn't need. Thanks for that.
I mean... you can't honestly be that invested in the MCU anymore. Especially for something as trivial as RiRi Williams.

If this was a Spider-man NWH spoiler, I'd totally get the frustration...

But this?
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:04 PM   #5923
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
I mean... you can't honestly be that invested in the MCU anymore. Especially for something as trivial as RiRi Williams.

If this was a Spider-man NWH spoiler, I'd totally get the frustration...

But this?
Yes, I am still invested in the MCU. Honestly. And even for RiRi Williams. Regardless, it's not for others to decide what might be considered important or trivial for someone else.

And precisely because this was a leak of a completely unannounced figure, costume design, and story element, it absolutely qualifies as a spoiler.

I would very much like this board to take this issue more seriously, as it is very important to me, and Ihm sure to many others here.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:15 PM   #5924
Ksteel
Mutant

It's a figure thats coming out before the movie, and you already know Riri is in it.

It really isn't much of a spoiler. You would have seen that armor before you saw the movie. It will inevitably be in the marketing and toys.

There are much bigger plot spoilers regarding BP2, that I would definitely use spoiler space for. Especially regarding the third act, that leaked on Reddit.

This armor... not so much.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:27 PM   #5925
philtastic
Master of the Universe

I don't read the comics, and I don't want to "figure" anything out before I see the movie, or show. I want to experience the story from start to end, knowing as little as possible beforehand.

And really, I shouldn't have to justify this. It doesn't matter what anyone else might consider a big spoiler or a small spoiler. A spoiler is a spoiler

What I really don't understand why some people (not you, or anyone else specifically, just "some people") will go out of their way to remove every last bit of surprise and novelty from a story before experiencing it. And not only for themselves, but for others, too.

There is a special place in hell for people who deliberately spoil a story.

Anyway, going forward, let's all please be more mindful, and respectful of this, and not decide based on our own experience what constitutes a spoiler for someone else.

I don't know what you know, and I don't want to.
Old 09-20-2022, 08:43 PM   #5926
Sharkdog
Premium Blend

Quote:
And really, I shouldn't have to justify this. It doesn't matter what anyone else might consider a big spoiler or a small spoiler. A spoiler is a spoiler
Very much this.

Personally I am alright with the spoiler, but a lot of people are in this same boat where they would rather experience new things in a movie, that is not even out yet, when they see it. I don?t think it?s asking a lot to be considerate of others when it comes to posting spoilers.
Sharkdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 08:58 PM   #5927
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Ehh Ksteel could have been a bit more mindful with his post but if it wasn't him, you would have gotten spoiled elsewhere. It's pretty much impossible to avoid spoilers online these days unless you go offline. I mean I got spoiled completely with No Way Home and both Infinity War and End Game but still managed to have a decent time with them. I guess some people are more sensitive to spoilers than others. Anyway, we getting off topic.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:02 PM   #5928
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
I don't read the comics, and I don't want to "figure" anything out before I see the movie, or show. I want to experience the story from start to end, knowing as little as possible beforehand.

What I really don't understand why some people (not you, or anyone else specifically, just "some people") will go out of their way to remove every last bit of surprise and novelty from a story before experiencing it. And not only for themselves, but for others, too.

There is a special place in hell for people who deliberately spoil a story.

Anyway, going forward, let's all please be more mindful, and respectful of this, and not decide based on our own experience what constitutes a spoiler for someone else.

I don't know what you know, and I don't want to.

The toy releases will inevitably spoil some elements, like the design of the suits.

The only way to avoid those.. is to avoid these boards, avoid the toy news sites, and avoid your local stores till the film comes out.

Even if you didn't see that Riri armor on here, you probably would have seen it in some form at your local Wal-Mart. It really isn't much of a spoiler.

And it doesn't really spoil the story (take it from someone who knows the story of BP2).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Ehh Ksteel could have been a bit more mindful with his post but if it wasn't him, you would have gotten spoiled elsewhere. It's pretty much impossible to avoid spoilers online these days unless you go offline. I mean I got spoiled completely with No Way Home and both Infinity War and End Game but still managed to have a decent time with them. I guess some people are more sensitive to spoilers than others. Anyway, we getting off topic.
Story spoilers I understand.

Suit designs though.. especially if they're in the toys and the marketing. Yeah, good luck avoiding those. Especially on toy sites and toy forums.

Last edited by Ksteel; 09-20-2022 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-20-2022, 09:55 PM   #5929
Webs
Man of Spiders

It's a marvel legends toy, this is a thread specifically for marvel legends discussion.
There's no way it wasn't going to be brought up and talked about here, and that's fine since that's literally the purpose of this website.
Webs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2022, 09:59 PM   #5930
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webs View Post
It's a marvel legends toy, this is a thread specifically for marvel legends discussion.
There's no way it wasn't going to be brought up and talked about here, and that's fine since that's literally the purpose of this website.
But since it's unannounced, and leaked, it can be labelled as a possible spoiler, put behind a spoiler tag, and linked to an image host offsite, without thumbnails.

All I'm asking for is a little consideration. Reddit's toy subreddit's use spoiler tags all the time, specifically for this purpose. You don't have to resign yourself to a problem that is easily avoided.