ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-25-2023, 12:46 PM   #2711
riderman
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Walmart and TRU are having CLEARANCE DEALZ. It is clearance season, so grab what you can and enjoy 😉
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 12:49 PM   #2712
riderman
Master of the Universe

By the way I've been to Gamestop after Gamestop also TRU after TRU and the stores that had Power Rangers role play items like Power Swords or Yellow Daggers or Power Lances are all sold out. I wanted that sword but I didn't have the space or money. Maybe one day
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 03:33 PM   #2713
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
Walmart and TRU are having CLEARANCE DEALZ. It is clearance season, so grab what you can and enjoy 😉

To be fair the Walmart clearance prices have been that way for probably at least two months now. They seem to have just made that the default price for older ML.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 04:13 PM   #2714
aliasyvr
Super Friend

Do you see the clearance prices in store for Walmart and TRU? I don't seem to see them online.
aliasyvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 06:16 PM   #2715
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
By the way I've been to Gamestop after Gamestop also TRU after TRU and the stores that had Power Rangers role play items like Power Swords or Yellow Daggers or Power Lances are all sold out. I wanted that sword but I didn't have the space or money. Maybe one day
Not like that in Edmonton at all. The 3 Gamestop's have the Power Sword and Lance there for a few months now. TRU has them as well.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2023, 08:28 PM   #2716
duelerx
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I don't remember how much they cost but they are not overpriced.
It lights up and comes with a stand.

Keep it mind these are life size props. Not a lot of people have room for it so the sales will be slow for sure. And I also find the Power Rangers is not a popular brand when it comes to selling merch
They're definitely overpriced. My nephew owns a guitar with lights and sounds that's only a few inches shorter than the sword, much larger than the daggers, cost like 30 bucks. As someone else said these are just plastic, no metal or anything fancy, there's no reason for the price to be so high other than they know its a niche market and the people who are willing to pay are willing to overpay. That includes me btw, I own the power sword, dragon dagger, all of the helmets so far and I'm on the lookout for yellow/blue weapons but I know none of them were a 'good deal' (except for the few I found at clearance prices).
duelerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 01:47 AM   #2717
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by duelerx View Post
They're definitely overpriced. My nephew owns a guitar with lights and sounds that's only a few inches shorter than the sword, much larger than the daggers, cost like 30 bucks. As someone else said these are just plastic, no metal or anything fancy, there's no reason for the price to be so high other than they know its a niche market and the people who are willing to pay are willing to overpay. That includes me btw, I own the power sword, dragon dagger, all of the helmets so far and I'm on the lookout for yellow/blue weapons but I know none of them were a 'good deal' (except for the few I found at clearance prices).
Yeah, exactly. Hasbro's just fishing for collectors who are willing to overpay. I have the Bandai legacy Green Ranger dagger and Saba, and those are beautiful pieces. Chrome, diecast, and Saba had motorized parts in him. The dagger was $70 (at the most) and Saba was $130. Saba is quite large, so I don't see why the Power Sword needed to be 3 times the price.

Gamestop is definitely carrying the Yellow Ranger daggers and Blue Ranger Lance if you're looking.
Old 03-26-2023, 08:47 PM   #2718
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
$190 each for the daggers and power lance and $300 for the sword. Power axe is going to be $300 like the sword and the Bow could go either way (maybe $300 as it's also long).

This isn't a size issue. If they were priced lower, these would probably sell well. Clearly, people are avoiding them because of the price. Lately, with many of the price increases, a lot of the lightning collection is sitting around. Ninjetti were overpriced and are starting to fill the shelves at TRU. ZAP Megazords are also easy to find. I'm also seeing wave 13 fully in stock at most Gamestop's in my area.

I understand why Black Series light sabers are so much, they feel really high quality. The Power weapons are decent, but the quality feels kind of meh.
In my opinion it's a size issue and it's usually a size issue. For example for the same shelf space you can put up 10 Lightning Collection figure maybe?

Assuming $10 profit each item. You can put up 2 power sword and make $20 if someone buys them.
Or put up 10 LC figures and profit $100. If you say the prices should be lower, then$5 profit per sword vs $10 profit for a figure? It means no more life size props.

I understand people want to be cheap but the nature of the collecting hobby is an expensive luxury to begin with.

Sometimes you can find good deals but otherwise. Larger size items are tend to be expensive.
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 09:35 PM   #2719
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
In my opinion it's a size issue and it's usually a size issue. For example for the same shelf space you can put up 10 Lightning Collection figure maybe?

Assuming $10 profit each item. You can put up 2 power sword and make $20 if someone buys them.
Or put up 10 LC figures and profit $100. If you say the prices should be lower, then$5 profit per sword vs $10 profit for a figure? It means no more life size props.

I understand people want to be cheap but the nature of the collecting hobby is an expensive luxury to begin with.

Sometimes you can find good deals but otherwise. Larger size items are tend to be expensive.
It's not about people being cheap and not wanting to pay alot for something it's not wanting to pay a lot for something that isn't worth it. People still buy the force fx sabers and don't complain at the price point cause it's worth the money. If the Hasbro weapons were of the same quality as bandais I'm sure people wouldn't mind so much and bite the bullet.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2023, 11:07 PM   #2720
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
It's not about people being cheap and not wanting to pay alot for something it's not wanting to pay a lot for something that isn't worth it. People still buy the force fx sabers and don't complain at the price point cause it's worth the money. If the Hasbro weapons were of the same quality as bandais I'm sure people wouldn't mind so much and bite the bullet.
And that's exactly the point. There's absolutely nothing about the Power Sword that makes it worth $300. Metal Build Gundams are that price. Those are a mix of high quality plastic and metal parts. There's also a lot engineering in them usually as well. Like you mentioned, the fx light sabers are also very well made, so they're worth the asking price.

The Power sword, while looking good, feels like a toy rather than a collector's piece. It's basically a big chunk of plastic. If this was priced at below $200, that would be reasonable. Honestly, if Hasbro was serious about making the Power weapons collector pieces, they should have made them Haslab projects. At least then they could go all out and the result would (hopefully) be worth the price.