ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 11-04-2021, 03:15 PM   #4481
Ksteel
Mutant
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

If you're an MCU Collector like myself (though I haven't bought anything beyond Endgame/Phase 3)........... Probably best to save up for Spider-Man NWH figures.

The movie is near 3 hours long, as revealed today. There's going to be a lot of characters to mine as figures from that film, including some iconic favorites.

Probably most of the MLs from NWH are being kept top secret at the moment.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 07:35 PM   #4482
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

That was easy. Got the entire retro carded Fantastic Four. Still can't believe TRU put them out early.

Also, TRU has gotten bombarded with a lot of Hasbro shipments. I'm seeing old stuff like Hulk BAF wave (except for the more interesting figures like War Machine etc), Superior Foes of Spider-Man, even saw a Black Cassidy for some strange reason.

The funniest one has got to be the Cannonball X-Force at the Applewood Walmart

Last edited by MorphGrid; 11-04-2021 at 07:43 PM.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 07:40 AM   #4483
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Well, after seeing Eternals last night, I don't think those figures will be flying off the shelves…
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:31 AM   #4484
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Well, after seeing Eternals last night, I don't think those figures will be flying off the shelves…
I haven't read good things.
Old 11-05-2021, 10:04 AM   #4485
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Sigh...I'm going Sunday...this isn't gonna be good lol
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:11 AM   #4486
wesperino
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Yeah I saw this whole line in TRU stores a few days ago. They look nice. Decided to skip it though. You would be paying near $40 per figure after tax.

If I'm going to spent that money on a Hasbro action figure, it should be for a character that I really care about..

If the Spider-Man NWH rumors are true regarding certain returning characters, those characters may be enough to justify that pricetag.

The random variant characters in What If... they seem like 'flavors of the week' that will be forgotten in 2 years.
Zombie cap is worth getting if you have the marvel zombies comic series to put him in front of
wesperino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:19 AM   #4487
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Looks like Spiderman and FF 4 plus maybe Dr Strange will have to save phase 4.
Zeroflamez is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 10:43 AM   #4488
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Yeah... I don't think Phase for needs to be "saved".

Black Widow was underwhelming, but Shang Chi was a surprise and the Disney+ has all been wildly successful.

Eternals was a good, if long and at times dragging movie. It's just very different than the ton of the other MCU films and not quite as family-oriented as everything previous. While it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea - many will still find it enjoyable.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 11:08 AM   #4489
lifedragon99
Decepticon

I noticed Retro Lady Loki went up on Hasbro pulse the other day, has anyone scene a Canadian retailer yet?
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 12:08 PM   #4490
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesperino View Post
Zombie cap is worth getting if you have the marvel zombies comic series to put him in front of
It's a fantastic figure no doubt. I saw it at TRU the other day. But I didn't get it.

Something about having the corpse of America on display seemed rather unsettling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Looks like Spiderman and FF 4 plus maybe Dr Strange will have to save phase 4.
Honestly, I don't think that will be enough to save it.

Phase 4 is going to be divisive overall.

Black Panther 2 may be Feige's next most controversial entry if Letitia Wright becomes the new franchise lead. She's hated by the Left for being an anti-Vaxxer, and by the Right for being woke. So it's a no-win scenario. And re-purposing BP into a female-led franchise is going to be controversial regardless.

They should have just re-cast T'Challa or brought in Kevin Cole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Yeah... I don't think Phase for needs to be "saved".

Black Widow was underwhelming, but Shang Chi was a surprise and the Disney+ has all been wildly successful.

Eternals was a good, if long and at times dragging movie. It's just very different than the ton of the other MCU films and not quite as family-oriented as everything previous. While it's not going to be everyone's cup of tea - many will still find it enjoyable.

That isn't enough to justify it's budget. Eternals isn't going to break even, with this type of divisive response.

Phase 4 should have kicked off with "Captain America and The Winter Soldier" with Mackie and Stan (instead of the D+ series), then Shang-Chi, and then Blade (to set up the supernatural MCU before Moonknight on D+)

Black Widow would have been better suited for a D+ series. Eternals should have been an animated series, done in the full Jack Kirby aesthetics.

Last edited by Ksteel; 11-05-2021 at 12:17 PM.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote