ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 11-06-2013, 12:15 PM   #11
dabodeebodah
Red Shirt
Re: Star Wars Black Series 6" Wave 2 Released in Canada

Target in Ancaster had two cases put out yesterday morning. Two of each, including Fetts. I didn't buy anything as I already had found Boba Fett and Leia at Walmart last week.
dabodeebodah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 12:18 PM   #12
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

I would tend to agree with canprime. Everyone was worried you wouldn't be able to find Sandtroopers or Maul when Wave 1 initially came out, and while they were the most popular figures in the wave, there were numerous times when I did see them on the shelves at Target and Walmart in the months since they were released.

That's why I wasn't in a panic to pick up the wonky-eyed Solo; I knew I'd find him again. Hopefully this time with normal eyes lol.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 03:09 PM   #13
fishtifer
Cobra Trooper

I am worried, Wave 1 hit the stores in August with only 1 or 2 sets every couple of weeks and it took about 2 months until the wave started pouring in at TRU's. So we'll be getting only 1 or 2 sets in stores this month, and usually after Christmas it takes a couple months for stores to start ordering toys again. It could be a while after this months run, but hopefully in December they'll get a bunch in for Christmas stock. Nothing better than holding several figures in your hands and picking the one with the best paint job!

Last edited by fishtifer; 11-06-2013 at 03:11 PM.
fishtifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #14
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
I am worried, Wave 1 hit the stores in August with only 1 or 2 sets every couple of weeks and it took about 2 months until the wave started pouring in at TRU's. So we'll be getting only 1 or 2 sets in stores this month, and usually after Christmas it takes a couple months for stores to start ordering toys again. It could be a while after this months run, but hopefully in December they'll get a bunch in for Christmas stock. Nothing better than holding several figures in your hands and picking the one with the best paint job!

I had to pick through several Han Solo's at the Ancaster Target to find one where his paint apps weren't all screwed up, so it was indeed nice to have some extra figures to pick through.
Old 11-07-2013, 12:28 AM   #15
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

That being said, paint issues on some Han's aside, this figure is all I could have hoped for.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:28 AM   #16
adriantripod
Cobra Trooper

Picked up the only set of four Walmart had at the Baseline Ottawa location. Should have passed on slave Leia, she's a bit crap...but the rest are spot on!
adriantripod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #17
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

By pure luck I found the only Fett at a Wal-Mart in Pickering. He was there in front beside Greedo and Pilot Luke. I have yet to see any Han but I'll pay full price for him like I did Fett but the others I can wait for a sale.
Tonestar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:38 PM   #18
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight

Is it just me or should Greedo's eyes be round and not oval?

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 02:28 PM   #19
Robimus
Super Moderator

Cracked open a new case last night at a Walmart. Only took the Fett, but both Greedo & Han looked really nice.

Visit the official TFcon Toronto Website for all the details!
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 09:07 PM   #20
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Heads up, Target's Holiday Sales book includes a coupon for 5$ off a 24$ Star Wars toy, it does not appear to work for LEGO, however Hasbro merch is fair game. Just scored a Slave Leia for 22$ and change after taxes.

Downside, while I did try to make sure she had the best paint job on the face her leg has a splotch on it from the boot coloring I missed due to the placement of her soft goods skirt in the box. Oh well, all I really cared about was making sure her face didn't look stupid, plus it's green so it could just be a bit of Jabba slime she's picked up.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black series, hasbro, star wars