ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 12-31-2021, 06:23 PM   #4761
Lord Scareglow
Whatever
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Yeah Walmart is not one to place much faith in, I ordered a bunch of Black Series back in June and they have all been released, but I have not seen a single drop of movement, and the figures estimated delivery date was August, pretty sure I'm never getting the figures.
they also this year stated some figures were in stock, so I ordered them they took 2 months to ship them to me, but the website continued to say they were in stock.

I'd say avoid pre-ordering from Walmart, they will just mess up. I'd say try to avoid using them at all.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 06:13 PM   #4762
CristianAngel
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Yea they do. Shipping isn't too expensive and I paid no duties. It just took me 2 months to get it which is the only downside
The border duties is certain>? I mean If I order from them I dont hae to pay those fees?
CristianAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 07:10 PM   #4763
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CristianAngel View Post
The border duties is certain>? I mean If I order from them I dont hae to pay those fees?
There's always a chance you could get knicked with duties but it's not likely if what you're buying is under $200. In my experience with importing from the states and Japan the past 10 + years, out of like 80-100 orders I've placed, only 3 were hit with duties.

As long as the website your ordering from does not make you pay duties ahead of time, and you're spending less than $200 before shipping you should be fine. However make sure if you can that it's being sent by the country's national postal service, for example USPS, Japan post, etc so that it gets forwarded to Canada post where you have the highest chance of not getting duties. If you go through 3rd party like FedEx or DHL you will pay duties plus their custom broker fees 100% of the time.

If you have any more questions just ask. Dorkside doesn't ask for duties ahead of time. BTW, they use USPS that then forwards to Canada post, so you'll be OK on the duties end.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 01-01-2022 at 07:22 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 08:34 PM   #4764
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Let's be clear as there is a difference if you were to pay anything on an order as there's always a risk you will almost every single time pay taxes only on the value of the shipment. Duties are a different thing and typically aren't charged on toys unless they fall under specific categories.

If the toys have electronics they can be subjected to a average duty rate of 8.5% but it can range from 0-35%. Those may have changed but that's the numbers I recall.

There of course also fees if they open the package or Canada Post has to collect the fees on behalf of the CBSA. And most importantly if you get brokerage fees via UPS or FedEx for example and don't feel like paying them and live near a CBSA office you can get the carrier to hold the package get the paperwork from them, take it to the CBSA and pay the taxes owing and then go pickup the package from where it's being held to avoid those brokerage fees.

A few options available to you. But duties and taxes are two very different things but both can be applied to a shipment.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 03:13 AM   #4765
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixshot1981 View Post
Let's be clear as there is a difference if you were to pay anything on an order as there's always a risk you will almost every single time pay taxes only on the value of the shipment. Duties are a different thing and typically aren't charged on toys unless they fall under specific categories.

If the toys have electronics they can be subjected to a average duty rate of 8.5% but it can range from 0-35%. Those may have changed but that's the numbers I recall.

There of course also fees if they open the package or Canada Post has to collect the fees on behalf of the CBSA. And most importantly if you get brokerage fees via UPS or FedEx for example and don't feel like paying them and live near a CBSA office you can get the carrier to hold the package get the paperwork from them, take it to the CBSA and pay the taxes owing and then go pickup the package from where it's being held to avoid those brokerage fees.

A few options available to you. But duties and taxes are two very different things but both can be applied to a shipment.
With the high volume of packages the CBSA has to sort through everyday, even more so with covid. Most times it isn't even worth them going through the trouble of hitting lower valued goods with duties/tax. They are more concerned about the high valued parcels and big shipments more than anything else. The only times I've ever really had to pay duty or tax on anything was if my order was shipped through FedEx or DHL. If it was sent through regular postal services 98% of the time it just slipped under the radar and I paid no additional fees. What you said about there being the risk of paying taxes almost every single time on an import order just isn't true at all.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 01-02-2022 at 03:16 AM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 05:30 AM   #4766
DanM
Aquanaut

Well there is a risk. Even it's 0.0001% there's still a risk. It's just very highly unlikely.
I would post a Dumb and Dumber meme here if I wasn't drunk. It would have Lloyd (Jim Carrey's character) and it would say "SO YOU"RE SAYING THERE"S A CHANCE" and everyone would laugh and go about their business.
DanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2022, 11:09 AM   #4767
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
With the high volume of packages the CBSA has to sort through everyday, even more so with covid. Most times it isn't even worth them going through the trouble of hitting lower valued goods with duties/tax. They are more concerned about the high valued parcels and big shipments more than anything else. The only times I've ever really had to pay duty or tax on anything was if my order was shipped through FedEx or DHL. If it was sent through regular postal services 98% of the time it just slipped under the radar and I paid no additional fees. What you said about there being the risk of paying taxes almost every single time on an import order just isn't true at all.
While the risk is low there's always a risk. One of the most common ways was if the paperwork was wonky, sometimes when I worked in Customs at FedEx when the CBSA would arrive to inspect packages or review paperwork they'd stand on the line as we unloaded packages and just say this one that one and those over there. We also would get a list uploaded everyday of packages to pull for inspection and we'd have to search the racks of held boxes. Heck one of the random packages they pulled randomly one day that said something random had a hand gun in it.

So you are correct the chances are low but it can happen. In fact I have a package from NECA coming this week via Canada Post with a $28 tax hit. It's under $150 value.
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2022, 10:02 PM   #4768
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Saw the TRU exclusive What If? Stealth Captain Carter today at Decarie and Carrefour Laval locations today. There were 3 or 4 at each location.

(Cross-posted from Marvel Legends Quebec sightings thread.)
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 12:01 PM   #4769
Ksteel
Mutant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9NVl8LJQGVE
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2022, 03:22 PM   #4770
Webs
Man of Spiders

Quote: