ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 01-21-2022, 02:10 AM   #4791
Lord Scareglow
Whatever
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Also hey you want that new 20th Anniversary Iron Man now!

you got it
https://www.imaginationhobby.com/en/...re-hasbro.html
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 02:48 AM   #4792
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
Not Legends - but does anyone know where I can walk into and buy a Select Titanium Man in the Halton/Oakville/Mississauga area?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Scareglow View Post
The paint on Marvel Select Titanium Man has been not great on every unit I've seen in person. If you're particular about a good paint job, I wouldn't order it online. Better to find it in-store and judge for yourself.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2022, 09:20 AM   #4793
Ksteel
Mutant

First review of the 60th Anniversary Wave ML Iron Spider:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6CZOP-Z1lA

Japanese Spider-Man, 90s Animated Spider-Man (Cell-Shaded) and a few others are supposedly in this wave.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 02:44 PM   #4794
chaingunsofdoom
Master of the Universe

Prices up again at TRU here.

$39.99 for multiple ML6 waves. Only Eternals and Spidey wave are $36.99.

TFs up again as well as Fortnite 6-inch to $42.99.
chaingunsofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 03:52 PM   #4795
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaingunsofdoom View Post
Prices up again at TRU here.

$39.99 for multiple ML6 waves. Only Eternals and Spidey wave are $36.99.

TFs up again as well as Fortnite 6-inch to $42.99.
Wow.

Well that makes it easier for me to pass on figs.

Seriously, how can they justify this, especially if Walmart doesn't follow suit? If Walmart and the independents stay below them it will be a real joke.

What I hate most though is what this means for Classified because TRU seems to be the ones getting the exclusives.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 04:44 PM   #4796
Hoffman
Agent of Shield

Well Walmart is probably much less concerned about profit margins on specific products. They can carry cost increases for much longer, but I'd wager they will follow suit eventually.

The prices above do seem unusually high though, unless it is specific to that store/market for a particular reason. Not sure if TRU does regional pricing?
Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 10:40 PM   #4797
springwolf84
Cobra Trooper

TRU’s website still shows some figures at $34.99 or less, depending on how old they are. So I don’t think it’s in full effect yet, if at all. Eternals being $36.99 is laughable though.
springwolf84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:11 PM   #4798
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoffman View Post
Well Walmart is probably much less concerned about profit margins on specific products. They can carry cost increases for much longer, but I'd wager they will follow suit eventually.

The prices above do seem unusually high though, unless it is specific to that store/market for a particular reason. Not sure if TRU does regional pricing?
My theory: the prices have increased due to a number of factors, and aside from the obvious ones (COVID, Hasbro increasing prices across the board) I think that Toys R Us Canada now being owned by the same person who runs Sunrise Records and Everest Toys and Distribution has a lot to do with it. Sunrise Records sells some toys and a lot of them were at high markups even before we started seeing price increases generally. Hell, Sunrise Records charges a lot for their vinyl too.
Wintermute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2022, 11:31 PM   #4799
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Didn't realise they also owned Everest. I wonder if they aren't pulling a scheme by raising prices at the distributor level to drain cash out of TRU, then passing it on the consumers.

There's also the possibility that they're actively pricing out collectors. Either to discourage scalping, or profit from it more, since they don't benefit from selling cheap to scalpers who then flip the toys for a profit. They likely also know that die-hard collectors are going to cave in the end, especially for exclusives.

Also, let's be honest, it's not like collectors are the easiest bunch to deal with. Calling in to find new releases, asking employees to check the back room, buying and returning multiple items, etc… Pushing collectors out would likely do a lot to improve employee efficiency.

And I don't think parents are going to balk that much. Is it really worth $3 more to fight with a screaming kid in the store? Or, what, they're not gonna buy the new Spider-man toy for Christmas? TRU probably thinks they've got parents locked in, and they're probably right. Plus parents have a lot more to worry about than tracking toy prices. Maybe some will notice the increase, but most probably won't.

But if that's their play, so be it. I get 15% off at GameStop, and they haven't been raising prices like crazy. And there's plenty of other options to choose from. TRU may not need me, but I certainly don't need them.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2022, 03:03 AM   #4800
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Yup. The price hikes made me rethink my collection and ask myself if I really need some things, and after selling alot of my collection the past 6 months I can honestly say no, no I don't. I can live without collecting for every property I like. I think that's where alot of collectors get held up on now days. It's OK to not collect for every show you like or to own every single wave or exclusive of a line. These big companies are just capitalizing on most collectors lack of self restraint sadly.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 01-24-2022 at 03:10 AM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote