ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News

Old 01-26-2022, 11:23 AM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Hasbro Extends Star Wars License with Lucasfilm, Mattel Gets Disney Princess

Some industry moves revealed over night. Hasbro has extended it’s Star Wars license with Lucasfilm and Disney, officially continuing it’s master toy license for the brand. In addition, they’ve picked up Indiana Jones, which will launch in 2023 along side the next movie. On the minus side – Disney Princess license will move back over to Mattel where it was before Hasbro snagged it in 2016. Check out all the official press here at Hasbro and here at Mattel.

The post Hasbro Extends Star Wars License with Lucasfilm, Mattel Gets Disney Princess appeared first on The Toyark - News.

More...
Old 01-26-2022, 11:36 AM   #2
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Hasbro Extends Star Wars License with Lucasfilm, Mattel Gets Disney Princess

Yay?

I don't imagine SW fans are all that thrilled at the news, considering how the licence has been handled in the last couple of years.

Also after reports of the cost increase of the licence by Disney, I imagine it will trickle down to us in the form of higher prices, and less detailed engineering.

Not sure I would be too proud/excited to be announcing the Indiana Jones licence. They did some great product the last time around, but it didn't sell well at all. I think the "magic" is gone from the franchise. Maybe a reboot, or new direction, away from Harrison Ford could turn it around. However I still don't think Indiana Jones is a very "toyetic" property.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 02:42 PM   #3
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight
Re: Hasbro Extends Star Wars License with Lucasfilm, Mattel Gets Disney Princess

I am surprised they paid more for Star Wars license. I think they killed so much collector interest with the horrible Kylo Ren and Rey movies and did not create a new generation of fans. They pissed off fans by declaring so many things “legends”. Should I start complaining about the hyperspace ramming, the slow speed chase in the second movie which was so slow people could leave the chase and go across the galaxy and then rejoin the chase, the undeveloped characters…
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 03:49 PM   #4
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Given how terrible Hasbro has been handling Star Wars I’m really not all that excited by this. Thankfully I can only think of around 6 figures that I still want at this point, so the Black Series is just about dead in the water to me now.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:09 PM   #5
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Hasbro paying more for the Star Wars License just means even more cost cutting and relying on store exclusives to make back that money they lost retaining the license. This has to make me think, is it even worth them keeping the license if they have to keep falling back on store exclusives and repacks for the line? Are they even making THAT much money off Star Wars anymore? I really can't see how they do. Especially since Star Wars no longer has the interest of kids like it used to
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:22 PM   #6
wedge1021
Mutant

$43 for a repacked regular line Black Series figure at TRU now.
Yup, that's just about the end of collecting for me. Will figure out what I want to finish up yet, and then call it a day on most of the lines I've been collecting.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 06:24 PM   #7
Mudflap
Clonetrooper

TRU is going to price itself out of business.
Mudflap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2022, 07:24 PM   #8
ghostlurk29
Mutant

It could only be Hasbro or Mattel. Masters of the Star Wars Universe Origins would of been amazing, but I think Hasbro was the best option.
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote