ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 01-27-2022, 12:23 AM   #1
4lott
Master of the Universe
Marvel Legends price hikes

Seems like we were just hit with a major ML price hike especially at TRU.
Here are some examples:
Tigra:
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Marvel-Leg.../94C928B3.html
Morlun:
https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Marvel-Leg.../14203997.html

Thoughts ?
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 12:29 AM   #2
Napseeker
Dark Knight
Re: Marvel Legends price hikes

$43+tax is my breaking point. I think that's the end of my 6-inch collecting days for SW and ML until the price goes back to something sane.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 01:14 AM   #3
wedge1021
Mutant

Yep, Black Series is the same prices now too, $40 or $43 depending on the figure (seems kinda random).
Saw today the REPACKED Rogue One figures at $43, just nuts. After rotting on the shelf for 2 months at $35 or whatever they were before Christmas, now TRU thinks they will sell for $8 more? I waltzed over to the Marvel aisle and saw the same thing, and said to myself "Well, I guess that's it for me."

In a way I'm kinda relieved it's finally happened, as I've been thinking of winding down or quitting for a couple of years now. I look at the piles of stuff I've got sitting in my basement and am having a harder time of justifying to myself to keep the hobby going. Time to stop buying and start enjoying what I already have.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 03:28 AM   #4
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Glad I'm done with Legends. If Hasbro's sales decrease drastically from people not buying their figures, let's see how they'll deal with that.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 04:41 AM   #5
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Glad I'm done with Legends. If Hasbro's sales decrease drastically from people not buying their figures, let's see how they'll deal with that.

I wish I could say I am done, but I know they will release something that I really want in the future.

So I am not done, but as I have said elsewhere I am pretty much now sticking to sale/deep discount/clearance, unless I have to have it.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 05:46 AM   #6
DanM
Aquanaut

I imagine most of the price hikes have something to do with the escalation of shipping container rates (up o'er 115% since this time last year). I would like to think once that situation clears up the prices may come back down. I'm not a betting man, but I would hope...
DanM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:06 AM   #7
Ksteel
Mutant

I got 80 items last year, most of which being Hasbro. That's an annual record for me.

This year I'm aiming to keep it under 10. Price Hikes definitely being a factor.

Only the two (Spoiler) Spider-Men being released would make me buy MLs at $40+ a piece.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 10:30 AM   #8
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Pretty sure the MSRP is supposed to be $35.99 starting March 28th (Toy Snowman did a video about it a few days ago), but TRU just went f-ing nuts recently. Their Transformers prices are insane at this point.

Even at $35.99 though it is too high. IMO there’s no justification for that price. I don’t care it shipping containers are a zillion dollar and ever single employee has COVID. Hasbro seems to be the only company that is not only passing along their increased costs to customers but tacking on more to profit off it. I absolutely will not pay these prices.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 11:42 AM   #9
philtastic
Master of the Universe

As has been said in many other forum threads here, and in every Facebook group, these are not the official new MSRP prices. This is TRU jacking up their prices to ridiculous levels, evwn on older figures. Plenty of other stores will continue to sell at MSRP. You do NOT have to buy from Toys R Us. They rarely have the good stuff, anyway.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2022, 12:45 PM   #10
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
As has been said in many other forum threads here, and in every Facebook group, these are not the official new MSRP prices. This is TRU jacking up their prices to ridiculous levels, evwn on older figures. Plenty of other stores will continue to sell at MSRP. You do NOT have to buy from Toys R Us. They rarely have the good stuff, anyway.
This is true but TRU gets all the target exclusives and they tend to have more availability with figures compared to Walmart.

When it comes to me collecting Hasbro I'm pretty much done. If there's something I want on deep clearance I'll buy but that's it.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 01-27-2022 at 12:48 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote