ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-25-2020, 01:46 PM   #991
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Agreed, I've never seen armored Black Ranger since he was initially released. Depends how much you want it. If it's a character that you need, just buy it from .com.
For whatever reason the MMPR EB exclusives seem to have really bad distribution. I only saw the Goldar in store once too and that was on a restock they had back in January.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:34 PM   #992
Zathereth
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
For whatever reason the MMPR EB exclusives seem to have really bad distribution. I only saw the Goldar in store once too and that was on a restock they had back in January.
It's stupid rare. When I was hunting it down, I kept calling every EB around me asking about it.

It was annoying as well because the employee would not have any idea what I am asking about most of the time. Even when I did get someone that could search the item properly and tell me which other stores to call, the next store would have no clue lol.

It's a mess.

I got lucky though, Riderman had a extra one, met up with me and sold me it at cost.
Zathereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 05:43 PM   #993
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

If I remember my retail work, in a given case, exclusives are the ones that are seen as needing to sell ASAP given the complexity of shelf spacing + preparing for other/newer products with the same retailer. Back in 2014 with the Amiibo craze, exclusives were always the least stocked items while the generics were always there as sort of evergreen products.

You'd think with online platforms that we wouldn't need to deal with these shenanigans but oh well.

EDIT: Does anyone know if the Green Ranger is exclusive? I've really only seen Canucktibles and Walmart selling them.

Last edited by MorphGrid; 10-25-2020 at 07:50 PM.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:31 PM   #994
Hmm12345
Red Shirt

Walmart.ca cancelled my pre-order for MMPR Green and DT Red. Guess they are as bad as I hear amazon is with pre-orders. Sucks cause they were each $24.99 instead of $29.99.
Hmm12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:43 PM   #995
StaticShin27
Agent of Shield

Yup my wal-mart order got cancelled as well. I guess pre-orders just aren't a thing in Canada.
StaticShin27 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:51 PM   #996
dbaso
Clonetrooper

Walmart cancelled mine as well - I take back how easy it is to order from them lol
dbaso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 09:15 PM   #997
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmm12345 View Post
Walmart.ca cancelled my pre-order for MMPR Green and DT Red. Guess they are as bad as I hear amazon is with pre-orders. Sucks cause they were each $24.99 instead of $29.99.
Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticShin27 View Post
Yup my wal-mart order got cancelled as well. I guess pre-orders just aren't a thing in Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaso View Post
Walmart cancelled mine as well - I take back how easy it is to order from them lol
I love this line. I do. But this is why it just isn’t worth it anymore. Like what’s stressing me out the most this year? Half the world on fire? Nah. Global pandemic? I’m cool, totally stocked on TP. 513 hurricanes? Bah. Being a toy collector, having Amazon cancel preorders made months ago, Walmart do the same, EB just constantly push back the release dates, and having all three get in impossible to nab exclusives Yeah. That sh!t. With a side order of Cobra Island and scalpers. Sigh...
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:11 PM   #998
MorphGrid
Cobra Trooper

I'm not surprised about the Walmart shenanigans. I've had issues ordering rare video games from them for release day.
MorphGrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:37 PM   #999
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
I love this line. I do. But this is why it just isn’t worth it anymore. Like what’s stressing me out the most this year? Half the world on fire? Nah. Global pandemic? I’m cool, totally stocked on TP. 513 hurricanes? Bah. Being a toy collector, having Amazon cancel preorders made months ago, Walmart do the same, EB just constantly push back the release dates, and having all three get in impossible to nab exclusives Yeah. That sh!t. With a side order of Cobra Island and scalpers. Sigh...
I agree with you it is too much of a pain in the ass. I only just started getting into Domestic figures in the last year with Lightning Collection and Black series but I'm already just about done with domestic figures. I'll stick with LC cause I've been able to find them eventually with enough patience. Black Series on the other hand is way too much of a pain in the ass for me to bother anymore, Marvel Legends as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaticShin27 View Post
My Walmart Order is processing..I did order it at the end of September around the time PO's first opened so you might have jumped on too late. Either way it's BS. In Canada availability and PO reliability isn't a thing and it's pretty sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbaso View Post
When did you place your order? Mine still hasn't been cancelled. I put my order in end of September.

Last edited by Zeroflamez; 10-25-2020 at 10:41 PM.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 10:55 PM   #1000
cloud
Master of the Universe

I would check EBay Its a WalGreens exclusive in the states. Not hard to find. But it has been released for awhile now
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote