ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 10-27-2021, 12:41 PM   #1901
Wheelwave
Master of the Universe
Re: Hasbro Power Rangers Lightning Collection Line

Price didn't stop me from buying it. I've been waiting long for it.

Star Wars Black Series Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary Darth Vader
Wheelwave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 12:53 PM   #1902
ghostlurk29
Mutant

All of Hasbro's larger figures and sets have gotten disproportionate price increases. Modok would probably cost $79 if released today.

Pudgy is still one-of-a-kind, though.

And while were talking about prices...

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Power-Rang.../3457098C.html

$95!! Wasn't the original MSRP $70?
ghostlurk29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:46 PM   #1903
ssjgoku22
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlurk29 View Post
All of Hasbro's larger figures and sets have gotten disproportionate price increases. Modok would probably cost $79 if released today.

Pudgy is still one-of-a-kind, though.

And while were talking about prices...

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Power-Rang.../3457098C.html

$95!! Wasn't the original MSRP $70?
Nah, it was $89.99 msrp. No clue why they would raise the price $5 though on a figure they was never selling well.
ssjgoku22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 01:47 PM   #1904
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
I agree with most of this except for the last sentence in the last paragraph. Not buying it won't do anything because there's a bunch of die hards that will, off setting any kind of "stand" he's made by not buying it. The reality is Hasbro will not lower prices or stop making these Monsters because the consumer has shown they will pay top dollar regardless. We all thought the monster line would end after the crappy Sphinx and Eye guy, but here we are, getting another entry being the fish guy. The number of collectors that are able to say no, set boundaries and be willing to walk away are too few. So boycotting with the purpose of making A change is a waste of time.
Its basic supply and demand. If enough people stopped buying it they would 100% either make it cheaper or stop the line.

If there are enough people paying those prices well then good for them, why do you care if they want to pay huge amounts of money for something you dont think is worth the money?

This sounds like a silly argument: "Im going to pay way more than I want to for something because I know that others will still buy it and I dont want to be the only one without mr piggy"

At the end of the day, if you pay that much for the figure it was worth it for you and hasbro didnt make a mistake in pricing it that high. And if you really dont think its worth it, the only effective way to actually make them put out cheaper products is to stop buying the stuff when they price things you think are too expensive.

Last edited by random11; 10-27-2021 at 02:05 PM.
random11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:36 PM   #1905
Ksteel
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
Nah, it was $89.99 msrp. No clue why they would raise the price $5 though on a figure they was never selling well.
Christmas around the corner.

And the Supply chain is gonna get ugly.

So desperate parents may end up paying whatever for these toys.

I expect TRU to capitalize on that.
Ksteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 03:20 PM   #1906
Zathereth
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ksteel View Post
Christmas around the corner.

And the Supply chain is gonna get ugly.

So desperate parents may end up paying whatever for these toys.

I expect TRU to capitalize on that.
This sucks but is true. I'll just wait for sales. I've stopped chasing new releases since pre-orders never get fulfilled anyways.

Good thing I wasn't interested in the pig...
Zathereth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:13 PM   #1907
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by random11 View Post
That doesnt make any sense. You cant scalp a product you made. If anything it would be GameStop that would be a scalper... but if you have Edge it brings it down to basically a direct currency conversion of HasbroPulse's price. If you think GameStop's base price is overpriced then pay to import it directly from pulse. Id be surprised if it was any cheaper.

And if you think $57 USD is too much for one monster figure. You could always just.... not buy it. They will take the hint, and either lower their prices or they just wont make more.

Hasbro sets the MSRP, but everything else I agree with. It is, IMO, way too expensive so I will skip it. Glad I’m not one of those collectors that feel like they need every thing released. I’d buy it at a not ridiculous price, cause I’m an old school fan, but I’m not paying that. Cool for those that aren’t bothered by it, but I personally can’t justify it.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 04:15 PM   #1908
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Quinn View Post
Hasbro sets the MSRP, but everything else I agree with. It is, IMO, way too expensive so I will skip it. Glad I’m not one of those collectors that feel like they need every thing released. I’d buy it at a not ridiculous price, cause I’m an old school fan, but I’m not paying that. Cool for those that aren’t bothered by it, but I personally can’t justify it.
what did i say to make you think I was suggesting that it isn't Hasbro who sets the MSRP?
Old 10-27-2021, 05:50 PM   #1909
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by random11 View Post
Its basic supply and demand. If enough people stopped buying it they would 100% either make it cheaper or stop the line.

If there are enough people paying those prices well then good for them, why do you care if they want to pay huge amounts of money for something you dont think is worth the money?

This sounds like a silly argument: "Im going to pay way more than I want to for something because I know that others will still buy it and I dont want to be the only one without mr piggy"

At the end of the day, if you pay that much for the figure it was worth it for you and hasbro didnt make a mistake in pricing it that high. And if you really dont think its worth it, the only effective way to actually make them put out cheaper products is to stop buying the stuff when they price things you think are too expensive.
You're not understanding what I'm saying. I said that there is really no point in someone boycotting anything due to price if their intention is to spark a change. If someone doesn't want to buy the figure cause of price and nothing else, that's fine, but if you're not buying it thinking that it's going to make a difference, you're wasting your time. Yeah, I know if enough people stopped buying it would change things, but like I already said, it has to be a SIGNIFICANT amount of people. Not just a bunch of guys on a message board or collectors group.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 05:56 PM   #1910
random11
Convention Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
You're not understanding what I'm saying. I said that there is really no point in someone boycotting anything due to price if their intention is to spark a change. If someone doesn't want to buy the figure cause of price and nothing else, that's fine, but if you're not buying it thinking that it's going to make a difference, you're wasting your time. Yeah, I know if enough people stopped buying it would change things, but like I already said, it has to be a SIGNIFICANT amount of people. Not just a bunch of guys on a message board or collectors group.
I take it you never watched the Pokemon 2000 movie lol