ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 06-04-2009, 04:29 PM   #101
HumanEraser LS-02
S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent 91
Re: Marvel 3.75" thoughts.

First look for the MU Nick Fury Mailaway figure:

http://www.thefwoosh.com/2009/06/mar...ury-first-look
HumanEraser LS-02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 05:18 PM   #102
pud333
Master of the Universe

He looks okay. But I think I'll just wait for a regular single carded version to show.
pud333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 03:02 AM   #103
pud333
Master of the Universe

So it looks like the comic book X-men figures are coming out in the X-men Origins line rather than the MU line. With Iceman and Cyclops coming out as Wave 3 for WO, I guess we won't be seeing the X-men team in the MU packaging. Too bad, cause while I like the WO figures, I like the materials used in the MU line better. Anyone see those two here on the westcoast yet? I know they're in the US.
Old 06-10-2009, 10:05 AM   #104
CTO15
Avengers Assemble!

we'll probably see x-men in the MU further down the line. There is going to be an Iceman released in a 3-pack with Spider-man and firestar

and with the secret wars comic packs coming out, we're bound to see some x-men that were in that series. i.e. storm, Colossus, cyclops, magneto, nightcrawler, etc
CTO15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 11:58 AM   #105
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTO15 View Post
we'll probably see x-men in the MU further down the line. There is going to be an Iceman released in a 3-pack with Spider-man and firestar
Yeah, I saw pictures of the three pack. They look pretty cool. Spidey is Spidey, but I'm really wanting Firestar.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:42 PM   #106
pud333
Master of the Universe

So I picked up WO Cyclops and Iceman from a dude over at Hisstank, and here are my initial thoughts:

First off, I like both figures, particularly Iceman who I think is near perfect. As you can see, Iceman is just marginally taller than Wolvie.

The ability to pull of some dynamic poses is pretty cool.

My major beef with Cyclops is that he has no wrist or ankle articulation. By now, I sort of expect Hasbro to provide those basics, so it does take away from the figure a bit. A minor bitch is the lack of replacement piece for his visor when not using the optic blast piece (which sort of looks like red licorice spewing from his face). This is just more of a cosmetic thing for me.

Iceman is fantastic, IMO. One of the best. He's got this frosty clear look that's perfect for a man of ice.

He comes with this ice board that he can ride on, and as you can see, the balance on the piece is excellent. He's definitely the best WO figure, and possibly one of the best with regards to MU. However, he lacks wrist articulation which is a definite draw back IMO. Regardless, I still think he is the best, in terms of sculpt, look, playability and faithfulness to the character.

I can't wait for future X-men releases in the WO line. I just hope they're more like these guys and less like Gambit, which was just a total waste of space. I am excited to see what wave 4 will bring in this lineup.

Old 06-21-2009, 11:37 AM   #107
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Nice.

I'm starting to think I'll have to go online to get those 2 bad boys!!
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2009, 11:46 PM   #108
Quantum
Agent of Shield

They're awesome! I picked them up off ebay along with Moon Knight, Hobgoblin, and Blade. I'm pretty impressed.

I agree that Cyclops' lack of wrist and ankle articulation (I'm looking at you too WO Gambit) sucks ass.

Iceman is pretty much perfect: the only two problems I have with him; he can't look up; no wrists. Other than that, kick ass. He's posed with flame-on Human Torch right now.

Speaking of Torch, I picked up the dark-uniformed variant at Zellers in Stoney Creek today. They also had Thing, Hand ninja, Green Goblin (never seen him at retail before), symbiote Spidey (too much blue wash), darker red and blue Spidey, Stealth Ironman and the new Punisher.
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 01:56 AM   #109
pud333
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quantumus Prime View Post
Iceman is pretty much perfect: the only two problems I have with him; he can't look up; no wrists. Other than that, kick ass. He's posed with flame-on Human Torch right now.
Yeah, forgot about the lack of head movement looking up. I find the WO figures in general are lacking a lot of the experimentation that the MU figures have. It's alright I guess so long as they're of this quality, and not something like the abomination that is Gambit.
Old 06-22-2009, 03:11 PM   #110
Quantum
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by pud333 View Post
Yeah, forgot about the lack of head movement looking up. I find the WO figures in general are lacking a lot of the experimentation that the MU figures have. It's alright I guess so long as they're of this quality, and not something like the abomination that is Gambit.

Yeah, I agree. I must say though that I do like the WO hips better than the Marvel Universe. The ball joints are awesome, if not a bit loose sometimes. I gotta say though, Moon Knight is AWESOME! One thing I didn't think about though, is how much extra weight the caped figures have: it's hard to pose them without a stand.

Speaking of stands, anyone know where to get the figure stands that I see in collections everywhere? Clear disks with foot pegs?
Quantum is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
marvel universe