ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-08-2019, 07:50 AM   #1401
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

I wouldn’t say fast. Basically the same issue as Professor X. Just in the past couple weeks did Hasbro send more to EB.

He originally released in March.

So at that rate expect a Storm focused restock in December.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:08 AM   #1402
turtle power eh
Jedi Knight

Storm was going to be hard to acquire from the get go. Shes been on just about every Legends collector's wish list in this costume for a long time, was basically the last remaining core character from the Jim Lee XMen era/animated series (I know we are getting a new Jean but Hasbro did technically make one already).Couple that stuff in with the fact that shes in a pretty weak wave overall and it doesnt spell success for restock. If I'm a retailer and I'm selling maybe 2 of 6 figures and potentially sitting on the other 4, I wouldnt restock either.

Dr Doom is another single carded figure I see this happening again with. Best bet is to always pre order an entire wave with someone you know will in fact fulfill said order. Keep what you want, sell the rest for your cost and try and break even.

I'm done with Amazon for pre ordering figures. I did however put in an order for a single Storm and I've yet to receive the "SOL" email from them. Interested to see what happens there, I already have the wave so I wont be crushed if it falls through.
turtle power eh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:06 AM   #1403
Enforcer
Dark Knight

From Amazon:

I have checked and see that the item is currently unavailable with us. We have already contacted the suppliers to receive more item in stock. We can expect the item will be received to us within two days. Once the order received with us. We will surely ship the order to you with first priority.
Enforcer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:43 PM   #1404
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle power eh View Post
Best bet is to always pre order an entire wave with someone you know will in fact fulfill said order. Keep what you want, sell the rest for your cost and try and break even.
This is pretty much what I've been doing for years now, for any wave I want more than 50% of.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:44 PM   #1405
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enforcer View Post
From Amazon:

I have checked and see that the item is currently unavailable with us. We have already contacted the suppliers to receive more item in stock. We can expect the item will be received to us within two days. Once the order received with us. We will surely ship the order to you with first priority.
Hmm. So there is a sliver of hope
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 01:58 PM   #1406
Enforcer
Dark Knight

A tiny sliver. Between this and my Walmart.com Cap pre-orders.... I'm preparing for a lot of bad news and disappointment.
Old 08-08-2019, 04:11 PM   #1407
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

It would be nice of Amazon.ca to fill it's preorders for everyone. I ordered 3 storms awhile back on Amazon.com and those were filled on release day. I have a feeling the Amazon.ca orders will be filled from the USA side of things
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:16 PM   #1408
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjgoku22 View Post
That's what they told me at EB Games. The figures come in sealed brown shipping boxes straight from Hasbro and get sent to each store by EB's warehouse. I've always recieved my full wave of ML's when I order from EB, and only this time this has happened. Apparently quite a few other stores were short with their Storm preorders because that was what Hasbro shipped to the warehouse. This is what I was told (no idea if it's bs or not).
I've always been told they fill based on the preorders they receive. Maybe someone found a way to just preorder Storms? The cases are packed 6 per case which is the whole wave. Or maybe EB doesn't buy them directly from Hasbro and instead order with gamestop and then what remains is sent to EB as you can pre-order specific figures on the gamestop site where here is a toss up it seems at times. Only way to really tell is look and the boxes when they receive them and see if they are double taped.

That's my best guess...
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 04:25 PM   #1409
lifedragon99
Decepticon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
I wouldn’t say fast. Basically the same issue as Professor X. Just in the past couple weeks did Hasbro send more to EB.

He originally released in March.

So at that rate expect a Storm focused restock in December.

EB got new stock of Prof X because he was packed with the new captain America motorcycle. Before it was 2 DP 1 prof this time they did 2 prof and 1 Cap if what the eb games employee said was true.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 09:21 PM   #1410
Enforcer
Dark Knight

Storm had updated to "delivery date pending".

So... shit