ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 08-16-2019, 03:22 PM   #1431
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonestar View Post
They're scheduled to get them on Aug 19th. I'm waiting for my set too.
Thanks, had my 9 upside down, I knew the date was close.
Old 08-17-2019, 04:19 PM   #1432
Marvellegendsguy
Dark Knight

I just wanted to say that I am very frustrated trying to find the marvel 80th captain America. Only a few wm here in the lower mainland carry it. They don’t put them out at a consistent time. A kind forum member even tried to help me find it. The scalpers are clearly hoovering them up. Captain America is a basic character and it make no sense for him to be available in 1/4 the quantity of iron man and Thor. Exclusives at wm suck and certainly should not be bread and butter characters.

Sorry just had to vent!
Marvellegendsguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:17 PM   #1433
tfHunter
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvellegendsguy View Post
I just wanted to say that I am very frustrated trying to find the marvel 80th captain America. Only a few wm here in the lower mainland carry it. They don’t put them out at a consistent time. A kind forum member even tried to help me find it. The scalpers are clearly hoovering them up. Captain America is a basic character and it make no sense for him to be available in 1/4 the quantity of iron man and Thor. Exclusives at wm suck and certainly should not be bread and butter characters.

Sorry just had to vent!
Don't worry bro. I think some peeps in Ontario only got theirs this past week or so. But I hear ya, it sucks doing all this leg work for nothing man. The good thing though is he's packed in his own case, so stores should be getting multiples of 8 or so.
tfHunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 06:46 PM   #1434
riderman
Master of the Universe

Just found cap at Oshawa Walmart in Ontario. They had 2 left but I know they are rare and hard to find. I bought one 3 weeks ago so anyone is welcome to they two bad boyz
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190817_182041.jpg (92.9 KB, 10 views)
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 07:40 PM   #1435
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Man I'm glad I don't have a burning desire for Cap, or Iron Man & Thor to boot.

Probably because I have earlier versions of these figures and it helps me to resist any urge to spend $40 for what, in my opinion, should be at most a $30 figure.
canprime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 08:58 PM   #1436
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfHunter View Post
Don't worry bro. I think some peeps in Ontario only got theirs this past week or so. But I hear ya, it sucks doing all this leg work for nothing man. The good thing though is he's packed in his own case, so stores should be getting multiples of 8 or so.
My store showed a bunch on hand in the system and they never made it to shelves and now it shows 0 on hand and none in transit or on order.

So that’s lame. No idea where a whole case went. Either it was a mistake in the system and the store never actually got them or someone is scooping up full cases before they even hit the shelves.

Oof.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 09:37 PM   #1437
wedge1021
Mutant

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Man I'm glad I don't have a burning desire for Cap, or Iron Man & Thor to boot.

Probably because I have earlier versions of these figures and it helps me to resist any urge to spend $40 for what, in my opinion, should be at most a $30 figure.
Same here, they're close enough to previous figures I have.
I'm trying to cut back on picking up the "unnecessary versions" and try to stick to figures that have something more new to them.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:55 PM   #1438
fjjr
Super Friend

I'm thinking that at some point Iron Man will be re-released with a classic comic book yellow colour instead of the gold (and possibly include a proto-classic alternate head). Captain America will probably get a similar re-release in some sort of multi-pack.

I don't understand why these figures are 39.99. That means they will basically still be a regular priced figure even if you find them on sale.
fjjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:21 PM   #1439
Darth Cosmos
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by fjjr View Post
I'm thinking that at some point Iron Man will be re-released with a classic comic book yellow colour instead of the gold (and possibly include a proto-classic alternate head). Captain America will probably get a similar re-release in some sort of multi-pack.

I don't understand why these figures are 39.99. That means they will basically still be a regular priced figure even if you find them on sale.
The bigger issue with that price is that they are $24.99 in the USA. And $24.99 USD is not $39.99 Canadian. It’s more like $33 Canadian. So we are getting screwed even more. Ditto regular ML. $19.99 USD is $26 Canadian while we pay $29.99.
Darth Cosmos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 11:26 PM   #1440
Alexander Quinn
Sarcasti-con

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Cosmos View Post
The bigger issue with that price is that they are $24.99 in the USA. And $24.99 USD is not $39.99 Canadian. It’s more like $33 Canadian. So we are getting screwed even more. Ditto regular ML. $19.99 USD is $26 Canadian while we pay $29.99.
I hate scrolling through Instagram and seeing what our brothers and sisters down South are paying for things. Makes me want to kick a bald eagle in the face.

Oh well. At least this helps justify having an EB Platinum Card. Makes the difference more bearable.
Alexander Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote