ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-29-2022, 04:32 AM   #541
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions
Re: Haslab Projects General Discussion

Update:

Ghost Rider: 4,810 / 9,000 (-25) 53.44% of funding goal with 2d 19h left.

Heroscape: 2,990 / 8,000 (+37) 37.38% of funding goal with 17d 20h left.

Deathsaurus: 4,781 / 11,000 (+747) 43.46% of funding goal with 44d 20h left.

Well the Hellcharger keeps dropping, and now Deathsaurus is going to pass it for total number of backers in the next few hours.

It's over, there isn't going to be some magical final day surge, the people have spoken (with their wallets). Time to go back to the drawing board and see what else might be worth doing as a Haslab.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 04:52 AM   #542
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
It's over, there isn't going to be some magical final day surge, the people have spoken (with their wallets). Time to go back to the drawing board and see what else might be worth doing as a Haslab.
Or maybe it's time to stop the incessant Haslabs. They used to be once every few years, not once a month. And clearly they can't come up with worthwhile projects at this pace. Two failed Star Wars projects. Now a failure for Marvel. They need to give it a rest, big time, and stop wasting our time with these flops.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 07:08 AM   #543
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Or maybe it's time to stop the incessant Haslabs. They used to be once every few years, not once a month. And clearly they can't come up with worthwhile projects at this pace. Two failed Star Wars projects. Now a failure for Marvel. They need to give it a rest, big time, and stop wasting our time with these flops.

Nah.

They need to up the pace. I think they should reveal a Haslab at least once a week!!!!

Honestly though I don't think the pace is bad, it just seems like it when they clump too many of them together at year's end.

Basically the pace is one Haslab a year per brand, which is fine by me. I don't collect every line so I don't need to collect every Haslab. So one per calendar year of each brand seems reasonable. However if they do want to do one a year per brand they need to better space them out. I mean there have been 5 Haslabs this year (so far) and that doesn't include a PR or GB Haslab. Yet the first Haslab (Reva's Lightsaber) didn't start until May 27th, so basically June. So with 45 day backing periods that means it was inevitable that there would be overlap and it would run until almost the end of the year.

That is terrible planning. You are basically ignoring 5 months of the year to better stretch out the Haslabs and prevent both overlap and buyer fatigue from back-to-back projects. There needs to be some breathing room between them, even when they aren't the same brand.

I still think there is a market for Haslabs, but I think some of the brands are in a tight spot now (Marvel) for what to do as a Haslab. There is always the easy choices that shouldn't be too difficult to fund, but now they are out of the way and it is clearly going to be harder to get backers for projects if they aren't "dream" projects.

The Sentinel, Galactus, Khetanna, Unicron, HISS, even the Razor Crest (oh and Eternia) could all be considered "dream" (or Holy Grail) projects. As such they did well and funded, though not easily in some cases (Unicron/Khetanna). However going forward what are those projects now? Fin Fang Foom or Giant Man could work, but they definitely aren't Galactus or the Sentinel. The same goes for Joe and TF.

I think TF has it right....right now. They did the big boy and then pivoted to something new/different. It was a gamble, but it paid off.

And that is what I think all the teams need to do now. Go back and re-evaluate what they want to do, and can do, in the current market place. There was talk by some of the teams that they were looking at cheaper Haslabs....what happened to that? The TF brand is the only team to come in under $200US for projects (outside of the game based Haslab). And while there is complaining about them being too expensive, they are still much cheaper than the next closest Haslabs, and they also hit that spot of being something that probably wouldn't sell at regular retail.

The same thing needs to be done with the other teams. The Joe team has been lucky so far, but they can't keep skirting that $300 price point much longer before people say "nope, too expensive." They need to be focused on price vesus offering to keep fans coming back.

And the same goes doubly for the Marvel Legends team. They got their big boys out of the way, but now it is clear they need to either come out with something cheaper, or something extremely hard to come by that fans want (which seems very limited now).
Old 10-30-2022, 05:47 AM   #544
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Ghost Rider: 4,806 / 9,000 (-4) 53.40% of funding goal with 1d 18h left.

Heroscape: 3,017 / 8,000 (+27) 37.71% of funding goal with 16d 19h left.

Deathsaurus: 5,043 / 11,000 (+262) 45.85% of funding goal with 43d 19h left.

So anyone left still thinking the Hellcharger will fund? Bueller? Bueller?
Old 10-30-2022, 07:35 AM   #545
Fermix
Cobra Trooper

I'm not big on Transformers, and I'm not familiar with the associated series, but that Deathsaurus looks like an awesome toy. It's a bit on the pricier end for how big it is (at least to me) but I'm very curious to see if it hits the stretch goals.
Fermix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2022, 04:44 PM   #546
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fermix View Post
I'm not big on Transformers, and I'm not familiar with the associated series, but that Deathsaurus looks like an awesome toy. It's a bit on the pricier end for how big it is (at least to me) but I'm very curious to see if it hits the stretch goals.

I imagine it will be like Victory Saber last year. It will take a while to get going, but once it does it should make all the tiers.

Victory Saber took a while to get going, and for a bit it seemed like it wouldn't make all the tiers, but it eventually did and actually became the third highest backer count for Haslabs, until the HISS knocked it down to fourth.

Since Deathsaurus is his nemesis it makes sense to do him and I have to give Hasbro props for keeping the price the same as Victory Saber a year later. Something that the other Haslab teams should take note of going forward.
Old 10-31-2022, 04:29 AM   #547
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Ghost Rider: 4,848 / 9,000 (+38) 53.87% of funding goal with 19h left.

Heroscape: 3,042 / 8,000 (+25) 38.03% of funding goal with 15d 20h left.

Deathsaurus: 5,181 / 11,000 (+138) 47.10% of funding goal with 42d 20h left.

Well this is it folks, let's GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We can do it!!! We only need 4,152 more backers to get the Hellcharger funded!!!!

Ok, it is over even though it finally got a positive day after weeks of losses. It seems like it will go out with a whimper. I guess the only thing now is to watch and see if there is any sort of accelerated loss of backers as it sets in for people that this thing isn't going to fund. Or will it be only after it officially fails that the numbers will drop like a stone.
Old 10-31-2022, 10:22 AM   #548
RansakWORK
Red Shirt

Strongly think they shouldnt be releasing new Haslab projects for a franchise before shipping the next one.

People are still waiting for news on Star Saber shipping and its been over a year. Only news we've seen is that people in Taiwan wont be getting there's due to water damage.

I am sure there is a few people who buying theirs off secondary market in some fashion and wont back this until star saber is in hand.
RansakWORK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2022, 05:22 AM   #549
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Ghost Rider: 5,060 / 9,000 (+212) 56.22% of funding goal......it failed.

Heroscape: 3,087 / 8,000 (+45) 38.59% of funding goal with 14d 19h left.

Deathsaurus: 5,339 / 11,000 (+158) 48.54% of funding goal with 41d 19h left.

Well that's that.

The Hellcharger has been put out of it's, and our, misery. Let's all take a breath, move on, and start complaining in other threads!!!!!
Old 11-02-2022, 03:39 AM   #550
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Update:

Heroscape: 3,127 / 8,000 (+40) 39.09% of funding goal with 13d 21h left.

Deathsaurus: 5,518 / 11,000 (+179) 50.16% of funding goal with 40d 21h left.

Well Deathsaurus has passed the 50% mark, so that is good news. Especially with a lot of days left. Also it is still above 100 backers a day, a nice pace even though it won't maintain that over the long haul. Should be interesting to watch when the international orders, especially Japan, get added in.