ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 04-18-2014, 12:00 AM   #1
Icetron
Master of the Universe
Bootleg Marvel Legends Figures

Looks like this has become a thing, when did this start happening? I bought a bunch of MLs from the Terrax wave and etc in 2012, but I was not really that into it last year. Hasbro is winning me back this year with all the nice movie figures and stuff.

I heard there was a KO/Bootleg Red Hulk, and found some pictures on it and recently I've been considering building the Iron Monger.

I go on eBay to check for the parts, and somehow they're all over eBay for $20 shipped or so. I think these are bootlegs, but I'm not even sure. The item looks pretty close already. If there are bootleg Iron Mongers I guess I would rather just find the 3 parts I'm missing myself. :/
Old 04-18-2014, 03:40 AM   #2
cloud
Master of the Universe
Re: Bootleg Marvel Legends Figures

I havent heard of bootlegs Marvel Legends
cloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 06:53 AM   #3
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
I havent heard of bootlegs Marvel Legends
The only one I am currently aware of is the "rainbow" of Deadpools being sold by Chinese sellers on eBay. There is, as I recall, white, silver, light gray and a hideous green/yellow version.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 09:27 AM   #4
aznpnoy
Convention Exclusive

So far there are 3 - Hasbro 2 pack Hulk, BAF Red Hulk and BAF Iron Monger. The Iron Monger is pretty good - I've seen it up close. For the other 2 it's a hit and miss - I own both. a) The shade of green/red don't match between the arms/hand or sometimes the body.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the bootleg Avengers 6" Hulk. I've seen one up close also and it's also a hit and miss.
aznpnoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 07:56 PM   #5
cloud
Master of the Universe

That's very interesting to hear. I guess even these bootleg factories realize the popularity of certain Marvel brands besides Hot Toys figures. I am aware of bootleged X3 Wolverine and Ghost Rider but it's a first time for Hasbro stuff.

Would be better if the sell bootlet baf parts. That way people will be less crazy about Black Widow and her baf piece being packed 1 per case.
Old 04-18-2014, 09:27 PM   #6
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpnoy View Post
So far there are 3 - Hasbro 2 pack Hulk, BAF Red Hulk and BAF Iron Monger. The Iron Monger is pretty good - I've seen it up close. For the other 2 it's a hit and miss - I own both. a) The shade of green/red don't match between the arms/hand or sometimes the body.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the bootleg Avengers 6" Hulk. I've seen one up close also and it's also a hit and miss.
Good to hear. I mmight just buy the bootleg and fix the paint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cloud View Post
That's very interesting to hear. I guess even these bootleg factories realize the popularity of certain Marvel brands besides Hot Toys figures. I am aware of bootleged X3 Wolverine and Ghost Rider but it's a first time for Hasbro stuff.

Would be better if the sell bootlet baf parts. That way people will be less crazy about Black Widow and her baf piece being packed 1 per case.
Black Widow is 3 per case in the revision I think. Price will probably go down
Old 04-18-2014, 09:35 PM   #7
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

i thought the green n yellow was a legit fig.....good thing i didnt i bite that thing....

the only KO i am aware of was the Marvel Icons Venom....but theyre pretty much near to the real thing...
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2014, 10:07 PM   #8
cloud
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post
i thought the green n yellow was a legit fig.....good thing i didnt i bite that thing....

the only KO i am aware of was the Marvel Icons Venom....but theyre pretty much near to the real thing...
It's close except for 1 major thing. There should be a wire inside his tongue so you can pose it but the KO one doesn't and the tongue lies flat........
Old 05-21-2014, 07:37 AM   #9
lambie
Super Friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanMiguel View Post

green/yellow is legit color variant from toys r us exclusive 2pack that comes with warpath. but i just didn't know if the figure is bootleg or not...
lambie is offline   Reply With Quote