ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 03-11-2019, 08:12 PM   #91
MichaelScarn6969
Agent of Shield
Re: Mattel DC Comics Multiverse 6"

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Anyone hear anything regarding what might be the holdup with the DC Multiverse Lobo wave? Is it just our usual Canadian action figure luck where we’re made to wait months after the US release? Mattel’s typical uselessness when it come to Canadian distribution where we might not get them at all? Combination of both?
I doubt we'll ever see it. I'm still holding out hope for it though. Same with the Lex Luthor wave. Really want the Vixen from that wave.

But going back to the Lobo wave, I see that some Canadian sites have it up for preorder but like most waves I'm only interested in certain figures from the wave so I don't want to have to order the whole wave. Unfortunately it seems these sites are only selling the wave as a whole though.
MichaelScarn6969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 01:31 AM   #92
Napseeker
Dark Knight

You can't blame them, no one wants to get stuck with those pegwarmers from that line now that's dying on the vine. I do wonder if the Heath Ledger Joker and Devito Penguin will even materialize now...
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 10:31 PM   #93
Wintermute
Master of the Universe

DC Multiverse Signature Collection The Dark Knight Joker is in stock on amazon.ca

https://www.amazon.ca/DC-Comics-FWK5...39RXC2116P3K1R

I got this guy delivered yesterday and I gotta say, it's the best figure Mattel has made in years, IMO. I'm really digging the figure. It's bittersweet that they're losing the licence, because this figure shows how much better they were getting. But too little, too late, I suppose.

At least they're going out with some pretty good figures (for once!)
Wintermute is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2019, 11:49 PM   #94
Tonestar
Rookie Supreme

The Batman Returns Penguin is also available on Amazon.ca for the same price, $34.99.
Tonestar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2019, 10:08 AM   #95
MichaelScarn6969
Agent of Shield

I just want the lex Luthor wave Vixen...
Old 06-15-2019, 06:47 PM   #96
The Rock
Cobra Trooper

Was @ the Silver Snail today (around 2:30ish) and they had 2 Vixen left (price was expensive for that wave---$ 37.99)
The Rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 12:23 AM   #97
MichaelScarn6969
Agent of Shield

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Rock View Post
Was @ the Silver Snail today (around 2:30ish) and they had 2 Vixen left (price was expensive for that wave---$ 37.99)
That sh*t pisses me off tbh... I hate when stores online retailers (looking at you cmdstore) jack the price up on figures that aren’t even that old. Or even when they’re brand new and know people will pay the jacked up prices.
Old 06-17-2019, 07:33 AM   #98
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarn6969 View Post
That sh*t pisses me off tbh... I hate when stores online retailers (looking at you cmdstore) jack the price up on figures that aren’t even that old. Or even when they’re brand new and know people will pay the jacked up prices.
Honestly that's been the practice for small shops and comic stores for years now. So I kind of expect it and don't really care anymore.

What pisses me off more, and scares me, is the big retailers Amazon, Walmart, etc and their changing practices. When they start using algorithms to change prices on items in the same wave and at the same price point at retail that's a scary situation. Those kind of practices shouldn't be happening at the large retailers and I think governments will eventually have to step in and regulate, much like they do for advertising.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 09:29 AM   #99
erik352
Cylon Centurion

I was at The Comic Room last week, its a small comic shop in the Scaroborough area. I saw Gaslight Batman and Wonder Woman from the Lex wave, they were going for $26+, so price is pretty good. Sadly, didnt see any other figures from the wave. The figures look good in perfect, except for the heads. They are pretty awful looking especially compared with the stuff hasbro is doing with ML.
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2019, 10:13 AM   #100
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelScarn6969 View Post
I was talking to my local comic store about this and to be honest I can't blame them. Consider that a local shop might order 2-3 cases of the newest Thanos Marvel Legends wave. Case assortment includes:

1x Hercules
1x Ronin
1x Maw
1x Night Hawk
1x Living Laser
1x Citizen V
2x QR Caps.

3 of those figures are hot commodities, 2 are only for BAF and comic collectors and 2 have no BAF piece. He'll be lucky to sell the Living Laser and Citizen V for retail of $30, but probably will be sitting on them for a few months and later mark them down to 20-25 range. Having 4-6 Captain America figures right from the jump make them difficult to move at retail price so they are instantly on the shelf for $20 each. So from 5 figures he is down $20 for the Caps and $15 (ish) from the other three comic figures. Unfortunately the only way that he can recoup this is jacking up the price on the popular figures.

Outside of that there are 3 other solutions: 1. Hasbro sells individual figures and moves away from the cases. 2. Small retailers and online stores sells only full cases to the public to ensure that they are not left with any costly shelf warmers. 3. They just stop caring them all together as they are no longer profitable.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote