ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Canadian Action Figure News

Old 05-31-2012, 03:58 PM   #11
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe
Re: Toys"R"Us G.I.Joe, Batman, Spiderman, and Lego Sale June 1st -7th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
Think I should bring the inserts with me, with the bar codes and all that? I bought Firefly and Scarlett on two different days, and am hoping that CC, Ripcord, Steel Brigade and Hazard-Viper will still be there so I can take advantage of this sale to maximize my 30th collection goals. Looks like I'll be catching the bus early in the morning in order to get there before opening.

I recycle the packaging, except the card backs of course, but I've been keeping the names with barcodes on the off chance Hasbro Canada instigates a Mail-In for Joes anytime soon.
So I've still got the barcodes for the figures in case I have to do the return buy back at the deal thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aznpnoy View Post
Just bring your receipts. What they will do is a return/rebuy. They will basically refund you all the $$ and rebuy the figures at the bogo 1/2 price.
Yeah, most TRU are ok with just receipts. I bring both just in case.

Are the 30th anniversary/Renegades figures still $9.99 or have they increased in price to $10.99? If they did go up, it will be the first time a price increase will actually be beneficial.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 05-31-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Toy Gremlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:51 PM   #12
Napseeker
Dark Knight

At my TRU, the 30th anniversary figures are $10.99...
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 04:59 PM   #13
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
At my TRU, the 30th anniversary figures are $10.99...
Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be finally picking up that Hazard Viper!
Old 05-31-2012, 07:39 PM   #14
Hantei
Master of the Universe

The TRU I stopped by already started applying the sale. Picked up a CC, Red Ninja, Hazard Viper, and ultra-poseable spidey. Mix and matching works! Unfortunately it seems like the Joe Troopers went fast, all the locations I stopped by didn't have any, was he short packed? Haha, I really want one now.

Oh, about time there was a sale on Joes. Just too bad we had to wait till the movie stuff was released before it happend.
Hantei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 07:57 PM   #15
Toy Gremlin
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hantei View Post
The TRU I stopped by already started applying the sale. Picked up a CC, Red Ninja, Hazard Viper, and ultra-poseable spidey. Mix and matching works! Unfortunately it seems like the Joe Troopers went fast, all the locations I stopped by didn't have any, was he short packed? Haha, I really want one now.

Oh, about time there was a sale on Joes. Just too bad we had to wait till the movie stuff was released before it happend.
Nice! It's awesome that we can mix and match!

Unfortunately, all the troop builders for Retaliation wave 1 were 1 per case. The Joe Troopers were the first to go. Kind of had to be there the day the cases were put out to get one.

Yeah, it definitely has been awhile since Joes were on sale. I guess TRU knew that 30th Anniversary/Renegades figures were going to be bought by collectors so they kept it at $9.99($10.99 now) so they can make money off of us.

Last edited by Toy Gremlin; 05-31-2012 at 07:59 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:08 AM   #16
10incher
Super Friend

Yep got the sale today as well, picked of Retaliation Joe and Cobra Troopers, Cobra Commander and a Red Ninja. Glad I didn't miss out like I did on last weeks Avengers sale by going the day of only to find the shelves full of only Thor, Iron Man and Captain America
10incher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 07:12 AM   #17
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10incher View Post
Yep got the sale today as well, picked of Retaliation Joe and Cobra Troopers, Cobra Commander and a Red Ninja. Glad I didn't miss out like I did on last weeks Avengers sale by going the day of only to find the shelves full of only Thor, Iron Man and Captain America
WTF? Isn't it, I don't know, unethical or something for a store to start the sale one day early, thus allowing certain parties who happen to be there that day able to take advantage of things, and thus making it difficult for the rest of us to get what we want?

I'm not saying anything against you 10incher, just asking a legitimate question. In a few hours time I was planning on heading out to take advantage of this sale, but if the scalpers and everyone else has already picked the aisles clean because the sale started on Thursday instead of Friday like it was SUPPOSED TO then I'm going to be mighty cheesed off.

I don't really care if Retaliation has been picked clean, but if I get there and find those 30th Anniversary figures I wanted to get are all gone, I'm going to slaggin' shove a HISS down someone's throat., box and all.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:00 AM   #18
Oreobuilder
Red Shirt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrapper6 View Post
WTF? Isn't it, I don't know, unethical or something for a store to start the sale one day early, thus allowing certain parties who happen to be there that day able to take advantage of things, and thus making it difficult for the rest of us to get what we want?

I'm not saying anything against you 10incher, just asking a legitimate question. In a few hours time I was planning on heading out to take advantage of this sale, but if the scalpers and everyone else has already picked the aisles clean because the sale started on Thursday instead of Friday like it was SUPPOSED TO then I'm going to be mighty cheesed off.

I don't really care if Retaliation has been picked clean, but if I get there and find those 30th Anniversary figures I wanted to get are all gone, I'm going to slaggin' shove a HISS down someone's throat., box and all.
Simple solution: Go buy the toys you want at full price on the Thursday and bring back your receipts to price match them on Friday. It's a bit more hassle since you need to make two trips, but it insures that you get what you want and you don't have to stress about it. I've done it a few times.

OB
Oreobuilder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:05 AM   #19
10incher
Super Friend

Actually didn't even know their was a sale on Joes starting, I went to see if their was any different Avengers stuff, and decided to get the Retaliation figures I wanted. Thought I was paying full price, until I got home and looked at the receipt.
10incher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 08:13 AM   #20
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oreobuilder View Post
Simple solution: Go buy the toys you want at full price on the Thursday and bring back your receipts to price match them on Friday. It's a bit more hassle since you need to make two trips, but it insures that you get what you want and you don't have to stress about it. I've done it a few times.

OB
Sadly it is not that simple. Banks charge for the number of times you use your Debit Card, and some of us prefer to keep that 'Service Charge' under a certain amount every month.

It's even worse with the ATM charges and stuff added on to that, so no, do not go out and buy them at full price if you can't justify affording the costs of bank's service charges.

I'll just try my luck, if worse comes to worse I only get two figures instead of the four I was hoping for.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
batman, spiderman