ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure Customs and Artwork

Old 04-14-2015, 11:09 PM   #1
joshimus
Convention Exclusive
Work In Progress. Marvel Legends Style Gargoyles Goliath

Been wanting a larger more detailed line of Gargoyles for years but I have doubts we'll ever see that happen. So, noticing BAF Goblin from the ASM2 ML figs, I decided to use that body for Goliath.
This image is just a test with my iphone to see how it's looking. I still have a lot to go. Also the contrast makes him look more purple than he is.

What I did:
- I made him new hind heels while keeping Goblins toes and modifying them
- He has 3 fingers and a thumb like he should
- I modified the face and added the hair. Thinking about changing his mouth to closed. Not sure I am feeling how it looks now.
- His wings are a mixer of an old DC Manbat figure, cloth and added joints and parts for the wings. He has a nice wingspan and, like the pic, can fold his wings around. Not as "cape" like as I would like, but I only have what I can work with. Not perfect, but at least it works.
- Also added his tail from an ML Blackheart (used the hind legs from him too)

Still plenty to go and I am sure a few revisions. The wings are complicated with the fabric and making sure things have enough movement. Still happy so far. Only gripe I have is the sculpey I used for the hair, the sorta rubber bendable when dried stuff, it's still tacky. Not sure what to do about that but I needed his hair to be somewhat bendy for head rotations.

Will post more pics as I get more done.
joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:01 PM   #2
joshimus
Convention Exclusive
Re: Work In Progress. Marvel Legends Style Gargoyles Goliath

Current update. Still more painting to do a fine touches and fixes. Debating another wing mod idea to make it feel more fluid. Just need to find the right supplies to pull that off. Overall pretty happy with how he's turned out so far. I am thinking about doing a closed mouth instead though. I also have another Goblin head (from Carnage and Toxin) so I may mode that head into a more angry version instead. For now I think I need to fix the mouth here. It just feels off, like he's scared or surprised or something.

joshimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 10:38 PM   #3
wedge1021
Mutant

Great idea, looks nice! I miss that show.
wedge1021 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2015, 01:36 PM   #4
SanMiguel
Agent of Shield
SanMiguel's Ebay Auctions

Nice thou the face look a bit smiling....
SanMiguel is offline   Reply With Quote