ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > International Action Figure News

Old 02-10-2021, 12:21 PM   #1
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Walmart Listings for the Defenders of the Earth ? Flash Gordon, Ming, and The Phantom

The Defenders of the Earth 7″ Scale Figures by NECA will be coming soon to Walmart stores. Walmart will be the first place to get the figures, with additional retailers to follow soon after. The first wave of figures have now popped up on Walmart.com, though they aren’t in stock just yet. Series 1 includes Flash Gordon, Ming The Merciless, and The Phantom. They are priced at $29.96 each. Check out some info below, and see official packaging pics after the jump. King Features – 7” Scale Action Figure – Defenders of the Earth Series Flash Gordon Based on » Continue Reading.

The post Walmart Listings for the Defenders of the Earth – Flash Gordon, Ming, and The Phantom by NECA appeared first on The Toyark - News.

More...
Old 02-10-2021, 01:02 PM   #2
Stevan
Cylon Centurion
Re: Walmart Listings for the Defenders of the Earth ? Flash Gordon, Ming, and The Pha

I hope this means that canada walmart will get them too. My only worry is in what numbers.
Stevan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:16 PM   #3
4lott
Master of the Universe
Re: Walmart Listings for the Defenders of the Earth ? Flash Gordon, Ming, and The Pha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevan View Post
I hope this means that canada walmart will get them too. My only worry is in what numbers.
Doubtful. I’ve been watching toy hunting videos on YouTube. Stores like target and Walmart have whole sections devoted to adult collectibles. Wish we did too.
4lott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 01:42 PM   #4
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevan View Post
If they show up you probably won't have to worry. While classic characters, they are not on people's radar. Or popular enough to warrant a lot of demand. If scalpers somehow think these would be worth hoarding let them have them.

Maybe if the planned movie, or George Clooney TV show of Flash Gordon come to pass then it might see a boost.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 02:09 PM   #5
m.arndt
Convention Exclusive

Have Canadian Walmarts ever even carried NECA figures before?
m.arndt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 03:36 PM   #6
66jedikiller66
Decepticon

I don't think the characters are well enough known to generate the sales that walmart is looking for.
I'm a huge Flash Gordon fan but, never cared for this cartoon series.
Based upon the fact that I'm a huge fan and I'm not willing to fork out $ for them...I'm not sure how well this is going to go.
I know I don't speak for everyone but the flash movie has a larger following then Defenders of the Earth.
66jedikiller66 is offline   Reply With Quote