ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Mattel Toy Discussion

Old 10-04-2023, 10:30 AM   #751
FETT1
Agent of Shield
Re: Masters of the Universe Origins discussion

The answer is simple...SALES Dollars.
If an item sits and sits on the shelf and does not sell the retailer will not order more.

It is a dog eat dog World at retail .

When videos pop up on You Tube showing place's like OLLIE's in the US blowing out excessive amounts of toys it goes to show how fast the market moves.

Side note ... if you realllly want a MOSS MAN ...there is a person on FB Marketplace selling them for a mere 160.00 each ...
FETT1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2023, 05:18 PM   #752
Galvatryne
Super Friend

Wave 11 from australia : https://www.ebay.ca/itm/305054907729 goes for around 26,5$ CAD each.

Roton (from netherland) : https://www.tradeinn.com/kidinn/en/m...jf-brdrTYQqZh0

Goes around 50$ CAD with shipping , I think it's what would have cost here if walmart had it in store.

Bought one and I'm happy about the whole thing.
Galvatryne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 05:13 AM   #753
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatryne View Post
Wave 11 from australia : https://www.ebay.ca/itm/305054907729 goes for around 26,5$ CAD each.

Roton (from netherland) : https://www.tradeinn.com/kidinn/en/m...jf-brdrTYQqZh0

Goes around 50$ CAD with shipping , I think it's what would have cost here if walmart had it in store.

Bought one and I'm happy about the whole thing.

Considering the Roton is being found for $9US (clearance at Walmart) and most Origins vehicles are not selling on the secondary market, $50Cdn is a bit high right now. Down the road yeah it could be a bargain.

Also considering a couple of Origins items have shown up here at liquidators for less than retail long after regular release I would wait and see. Plus there are toy shows fairly regularly in the major markets where you can probably find one for the $50 price range.

I actually just caved on a WWE:MOTU ring set to go with my Castle Grayskull through Amazon.ca, now let's see if it was a good purchase. If so I will basically have all the "accessory" parts to go with Castle Grayskull, except for Point Dread. However I'll get that in the coming months.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2023, 12:58 PM   #754
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon

Origins releases are supposed to continue through the Mattel website still, yes?
Old 10-05-2023, 03:05 PM   #755
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

Yes. The Cartoon Collection and Fan Favourite re-issues are general release, but any further Origins figures are supposed to be coming through MC.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 02:22 PM   #756
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arishikage View Post
Yes. The Cartoon Collection and Fan Favourite re-issues are general release, but any further Origins figures are supposed to be coming through MC.
where did you hear this info? and if so does that mean only Mattel Creations is going to release figures? no more waves at E-tailers? just sorta a ressurection of Matty Collector deal? if so that sucks.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 04:55 PM   #757
Arishikage
Cylon Centurion

I think I first heard about it in the Pixel Dan interview linked here (https://foreternia.com/2023/07/maste...ons-exclusives), but it's been mentioned now and then through some of the He-Man chat forums I frequent. Seeing as Dan was talking to the global brand manager of Mattel I tend to give it a little more weight.

I don't love the way that ends up for us with higher prices and creative exchange rates, but it is what it is. At least the Cartoon Collection and Fan Favourites aren't locked behind that storefront.

Anyhow, that's where I recall first hearing about it, for what it's worth.
Arishikage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2023, 04:59 PM   #758
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Yes it has been basically confirmed that the remaining Origins stuff will be exclusive to MC.

Filmation and Masterverse will still be available at retail, but Origins is done at retail after this latest Walmart exclusive stuff hits. Maybe there will be other exclusives at retail, but highly unlikely. Going forward I would imagine any store exclusives will be based on the new Filmation bodies which are slightly larger/different than the Origins molds.
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 01:46 AM   #759
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Finally tracked down a Origins Moss Man at a WM in NY and the order came through for in store pickup.

Was gonna head to the USA next week...but I guess I'm going this weekend lol

Hope it's just not smashed to crap lol
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2023, 11:32 AM   #760
Lord Scareglow
Whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arishikage View Post
I think I first heard about it in the Pixel Dan interview linked here (https://foreternia.com/2023/07/maste...ons-exclusives), but it's been mentioned now and then through some of the He-Man chat forums I frequent. Seeing as Dan was talking to the global brand manager of Mattel I tend to give it a little more weight.

I don't love the way that ends up for us with higher prices and creative exchange rates, but it is what it is. At least the Cartoon Collection and Fan Favourites aren't locked behind that storefront.

Anyhow, that's where I recall first hearing about it, for what it's worth.
well if Pixel Dan said it it's gotta be pretty gospel at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by canprime View Post
Yes it has been basically confirmed that the remaining Origins stuff will be exclusive to MC.

Filmation and Masterverse will still be available at retail, but Origins is done at retail after this latest Walmart exclusive stuff hits. Maybe there will be other exclusives at retail, but highly unlikely. Going forward I would imagine any store exclusives will be based on the new Filmation bodies which are slightly larger/different than the Origins molds.
well I mean I guess I can't complain if the line will still be going and new product will be released, as long as Mattel actually produces enough items for everyone, I love this line so much, and there is a handful of figures I really need still, I want every character I can get, so as long as it's not dead then I will refrain from griping, Mattel Creations going forward just needs to make this line accessabile online if they are going to be the only provider.
Lord Scareglow is offline   Reply With Quote