ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-05-2009, 03:59 PM   #1
STE
Regular Star Wars and action figure show in Ontario ?

Guys....
if we could arrange a regular show in the GTA and York Region (and other close-by areas) for star wars, transformers, GI joe etc. would it be worth it?
Its hard to find new or old product here anyway, hardly any stores, expensive walmart and TRU, and the toy shows here seem to be either too far apart or not specific enough for collectables and figures - they seem to be selling older or nostalgic dolls and cars/trains etc. not really action figures, statues etc.
if we could get enough interest from dealers and buyers, maybe we can arrange a regular show.
i think it would be great.
back in London UK we had a show EVERY sunday within a 30 mile radius of london, all kinds of dealers came and all kinds of buyers, it was very cool and very enjoyable.
a regular 'action figure' meet could be arranged fairly easily and so long as people came it would be successful.
dont want to charge an entry fee.
what do you think?
thanks
john
STE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2009, 04:30 PM   #2
Super_Megatron
Instagram: colin_tfcon
Re: Regular Star Wars and action figure show in Ontario ?

http://www.80stoyexpo.com/
http://www.actionfigureexpo.com/
Old 03-06-2009, 12:28 AM   #3
Robimus
Super Moderator

Welcome here STE.

I'm not sure what your looking for here(in Canada) toyshow wise or how it would compare to the UK, but I can offer a thought or two....

You mention Walmart and TRU as being "expensive". Really that is about the cheapest you are going to find new Star Wars figures in Canada.

Watch carefully on this site for TRU sale announcements. They put their Star Wars figures on sale sevral times each year so that would be the best time to get a deal.

Organizing a toyshow is a lot of work, your simply never going to find a show that is "free". Organizers have costs like Hall rental fees that have to be covered. Even insurance issues and staffing can cost a few bucks

I'd make a couple of suggestions to you. Watch our Buy/Sell/Trade List on this website. Sometimes someone might be looking to blow out old stuff and you might find a deal, ya never know.

Second I'd suggest looking up local Flea Markets. They might be a good place to find deals, or even loose figures that are not going for top dollar.

Good Luck, I hope you find what your looking for.
Robimus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 01:15 PM   #4
GMfan101
Cobra Trooper

The 80s toy show is coming up at the end of April
GMfan101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:04 PM   #5
STE

thanks very much
think you misunderstood me
we are a seller, we want to sell, so we are looking to put on a regular show for buyers.
this would be for other sellers to sell at also....not just us.
so like a flea market, but for star wars, GI Joe etc, action figure/collectable based.
capiche? lol
looking to see if we could get vendor and/or retail interest in a weekly or monthly show.
thank you for readig and for your time/thoughts!!!!!
STE is offline   Reply With Quote