ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Action Figure General Discussion

Old 10-16-2009, 11:32 AM   #1
Icetron
Master of the Universe
Jazware TRU Exclusive 3" Sonic Series Mini Review

I picked up one of these guys for $6.99 yesterday at TRU, I believe they are TRU Exclusives in the US so they should be the same here.

The comic packs are a hefty $19.99, so I passed for now even though I really wanted Knuckles.

I settled for Tails, the only other one is Sonic in a single card.

Packaging is kind of boring, and lots of wasted space imo but it's rather attractive in a way (that's how I found out about these being out).

They are about 3" since they are smaller than GI Joes or Star Wars (Clone Wars). I can't find my ruler at this time so correct me if I'm wrong.

As for posability I think he's decent. I was surprised he even had a balljointed neck, but it's pretty limited. He has balljointed shoulders and hips I believe. Single joint knees and elbows, they don't bend that much though. Swivel waist, gloves and boots. Sculpting is pretty good imo. Paint is clean, but I saw lots of messy ones on the shelves.

Overall I think it was a good buy, wish it was $5 though but it's still priced okay compared to GI Joe/MU/Star Wars since they are smaller. Some accessories would've been nice too.

If you want to get a Sonic you should watch out, I heard that he is hard to stand. Tails is fine since his tails weigh him down, he has no problem standing at all.

I waited a while for these to come out and I'm not really disappointed! I hope the rumours are right and we'll eventually see a single release Knuckles so I won't have to buy the comic pack for him.
Icetron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:48 PM   #2
CobraCommander
Jedi Knight
Re: Jazware TRU Exclusive 3" Sonic Series Mini Review

Mmm for $6.99 I might be tempted to get these guys, I have to check my local TRU I thought they were showing up as $9.99?

B/S/T Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Hisstank
Cybertron.ca

Feedback Threads:
ActionFigureNews
Cybertron.ca
CobraCommander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 03:56 PM   #3
Icetron
Master of the Universe

I'm not sure, first time I saw these was yesterday and they scanned in at $6.99 when I checked out.

I really like this Tails so I may just pick up a Sonic. I just found out that Wave 1 has Sonic, Sonic w/ Sword (from the game), and Tails. I hope there's some sort of Sonic sale coming up so I can pick up a cheaper Knuckles.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:50 PM   #4
BeeBoy29

nice mini review!
i want to pick up one of these guys as well
BeeBoy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:56 PM   #5
Protoman
Yellow Scarf. Shades.

Jazware recently has been pretty good with the quality of their toys. The recent Megaman, Astroboy lines have been toy notch over some of their past works.

My Protoman Collection http://www.protoretro.com/protoman/
Protoman on YOUTUBE http://www.youtube.com/user/ProtoRetro
Protoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2009, 02:48 AM   #6
Icetron
Master of the Universe

Astroboy line is nice, but the cool ones are always gone even without a sale...

Which Megaman toys have they done lately?
Old 12-16-2009, 01:08 PM   #7
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

I shall put my two cents in, being an avid fan and collector of all things Sonic the Hedgehog the Archie Comic Book series, I decided to get some of these figures to have representations of the characters from the games/comics.

Tails is indeed quite a wonderful figure.

Sonic on the other hand... He requires hand support for any action poses, due to the size of the figure and the large head on such a small body/frame he suffers from top heavyness. If you want him to stand for any length of time, without ever touching the guy, you have to pose his legs in a perpetual spread open pose with the feet facing crookedly to the side rather than facing front.

If you try to alter his pose, you will fight with him to get him back to standing, but he is a highly poseable figure for such a small size. With all the same joints as Tails.

I too have held off on getting the Knuckles figure, oddly enough if they'd included a Super Sonic with the comic pack and priced it at 15$ cnd it probably would fly off the shelf. As it stands, who wants a transparent Sonic?

I too also wish they had a few chaos emeralds and power rings to interact with, or at least display with, but even the larger 6" figures don't have any of those, which begs the question, WHY? Every Sonic videogame features Power Rings and Chaos Emeralds, so why don't any of the dang nabbed toys come with the most basic accessories?

I hope they make an Amy Rose, a Rouge and a Shadow in this size range, with the price they have it would be simplicity to include those three, I would hope after all they are highly popular. Just as popular as Sonic, Tails and Knuckles.

And by the by, here's hoping that they include a couple of Badniks and good ol' Eggman for these guys to fight against.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 03:51 PM   #8
Icetron
Master of the Universe

^ I forgot where I read that they ARE making an Amy. I can't confirm because I don't have the source.

Quote:
...who wants a transparent Sonic?
Apparently some people do, I made the same point and a couple of people basically flamed me. I still think it's a stupid and lame idea to have that in the 2-pack. I don't know what else could've been packed with Knuckles anyways.
Old 12-16-2009, 06:29 PM   #9
Scrapper6
Cylon Centurion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icetron View Post
^ I forgot where I read that they ARE making an Amy. I can't confirm because I don't have the source.

Apparently some people do, I made the same point and a couple of people basically flamed me. I still think it's a stupid and lame idea to have that in the 2-pack. I don't know what else could've been packed with Knuckles anyways.
Super Sonic

Shadow the Hedgehog (Was he in Issue #200?)

Scourge (Evil Sonic, including Leather Jacket and Scratch Marks... Oh wait, they said Archie Specific Characters were off limits for Action Figures, or something to that effect.)

Vintage Sonic from the Sat AM/AoStH cartoons

EGGMAN! (He's featured prominently in the comic and they haven't made him so far in any of their toy lines, plus he's the main villain of the damn games, so WHERE BE EGGMAN?)

Rouge

Anything could have been used instead of Transparent Sonic, heck even a re-pack of Sonic with the Master Emerald Accessory between them would have been a smarter decision, but I guess some people actually want Transparent Sonic.
Scrapper6 is offline   Reply With Quote