ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-20-2024, 12:37 PM   #5751
toyguy99
Cobra Trooper
Re: Star Wars Black Series discussion

I'm looking forward to Dedra Meero. The Acolyte figures look kind of plain like they will peg warm. Maybe I'll have a connection to them if I end up liking the show. I'll probably get the Ahsoka repaint as well.
toyguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 01:33 PM   #5752
canprime
Master of the Universe
canprime's Ebay Auctions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeroflamez View Post
Thoughts on the live stream? Rather lackluster Imo. Still no mention of what's going on with ki Adi mundi. A crap ton of acolyte figures and more Mando stuff as usual. Pipeline reveals were pretty Meh outside of clone wars Yoda but for whatever reason he's a pulse/ shop Disney exclusive. Not idea why they keep making CW figures people want as exclusive.

I like the Acolyte figures even though I have no interest in them. At least there is a couple more Jedi Robe bodies to work with going forward (supposedly at least 1 of them is all new from top to bottom).

Otherwise the only other reveals that held any interest for me were the Moff Gideon helmet and TVC Imperial Hallway (from Mandalorian, Moff Gideon's hallway). That looks pretty great and I love the red light up effect for the visor area.

Some nice new pics of the Ghost and they announced that the next Haslab will be announced revealed on "May The Fourth." So hints at what it might be but they did confirm that it will be TCV related. To me that means another vehicle (no real surprise there).
canprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 05:49 PM   #5753
lifedragon99
Decepticon

I am excited for the Acolyte figures, I love a lightsaber user.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
when are preorders?
The instagram post I saw said tomorrow at 1pm est

Last edited by lifedragon99; 03-20-2024 at 05:51 PM.
lifedragon99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 05:55 PM   #5754
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifedragon99 View Post
I am excited for the Acolyte figures, I love a lightsaber user.

The instagram post I saw said tomorrow at 1pm est
Thanks. I think I'm gonna try and exercise some self restraint this time and wait for them to go on liquidation.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 07:05 PM   #5755
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by philtastic View Post
Thanks. I think I'm gonna try and exercise some self restraint this time and wait for them to go on liquidation.
They might not considering they are Jedi and they don't do a whole lot of Jedi in Black Series anymore. I don't care enough about this show enough and I don't think it's gonna be very good from what I seen from the trailer so far so I likely wait for clearance as well and if it doesn't go on clearance? oh well I guess.
Zeroflamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 07:40 PM   #5756
nighthawk
Jedi Knight

Quote:
They might not considering they are Jedi and they don't do a whole lot of Jedi in Black Series anymore. I don't care enough about this show enough and I don't think it's gonna be very good from what I seen from the trailer so far so I likely wait for clearance as well and if it doesn't go on clearance? oh well I guess.
My thoughts the same. Only wish they thought Jedi robes were good for figures when they released Shin and Baylan.
nighthawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2024, 09:09 PM   #5757
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by nighthawk View Post
My thoughts the same. Only wish they thought Jedi robes were good for figures when they released Shin and Baylan.
I'm more annoyed that they can do a whole wave of Jedi with all new tooling for characters no one even knows if they'll care about yet, mean while fan favorites like Kit Fisto and Plo Koon are 90% re-use. Not to mention the half baked Shin and Baylon we got as you said. It's clear where Disney's priorities lie and it's not with the prequels, Clone Wars or even the OT anymore. It's all about whatever new crap they cook up and push out every year now. Which makes absolutely no sense as they waste tons of money on tooling for these new characters from shows that just end up at ross or ollies unless they're from Mando. Then they both(Hasbro and Disney) wonder why they're bleeding money.
Old 03-21-2024, 05:18 AM   #5758
philtastic
Master of the Universe

Quote:
I'm more annoyed that they can do a whole wave of Jedi with all new tooling for characters no one even knows if they'll care about yet, mean while fan favorites like Kit Fisto and Plo Koon are 90% re-use. Not to mention the half baked Shin and Baylon we got as you said. It's clear where Disney's priorities lie and it's not with the prequels, Clone Wars or even the OT anymore. It's all about whatever new crap they cook up and push out every year now. Which makes absolutely no sense as they waste tons of money on tooling for these new characters from shows that just end up at ross or ollies unless they're from Mando. Then they both(Hasbro and Disney) wonder why they're bleeding money.
I'm fairly certain their licensing agreement requires them to put out figures for the new releases. Movie and series tie-ins are a huge part of marketing a new release, and everyone is trying to capitalize on the hype.

And if it's not a requirement, then Hasbro probably still thinks it's the best bet, again, considering all the publicity that goes into marketing a new show or movie.

Anyway, it's no coincidence that the trailer and pre-orders go up within days of each other.
philtastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 04:46 PM   #5759
Zeroflamez
Master of the Universe

Hasbro revealed a new Baylon Skoll with cloak. However he is the same height as the old one and has the red lightsaber.. lol. Walmart exclusive.
Old 03-21-2024, 07:03 PM   #5760
toyguy99
Cobra Trooper

Quote:
Hasbro revealed a new Baylon Skoll with cloak. However he is the same height as the old one and has the red lightsaber.. lol. Walmart exclusive.
Is there a preorder date yet?
toyguy99 is offline   Reply With Quote