ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion
Go Back   ActionFigureNews.ca - Canadian Action Figure News and Discussion > Action Figure Discussion > Hasbro Toy Discussion

Old 03-05-2020, 11:39 AM   #2061
erik352
Cylon Centurion
Re: Marvel Legends discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by m.arndt View Post
Erik, I got no refunds. As of right now Juggernaut Toys took me for roughly $250. Yes, it indeed sucks.

...regarding the white deluxe Widow figure: for those that have her in hand, how is the stand she comes with? I have no interest in the figure, but I’d love to get my hands on one of those stands.
OH MY GOSH! Thats crazy! I've got a bad deal with a US retailer a few years back...but never to the amount to $250! wow! You should really complain to the credit card company or whoever. It's just not right.
erik352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 12:57 PM   #2062
Napseeker
Dark Knight

$250 is the exact amount that Pedro Cabezuelo (who used to run a toy store called Toy Addict) ripped me off more than 10 years ago when he quietly shut down his store, leaving many collectors on the hook.

This is why I only pay by credit card when it comes to preorders for any item from an independent toy store. I never recovered my money from that dirtbag, and other collectors would be wise to file a claim asap if you suddenly stop hearing from a store you paid upfront to.
Napseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 04:25 PM   #2063
Grosse Fidelity
Super Friend

Now I've ordered from Northmen and will agree with everything I've read the in stock items I got right away and the pre-ordered ones I eventually got though took much longer than expected I even had to email them when I saw items from a pre-order were available yet mine had not shipped yet. I've never not gotten any preodered marvel legends though. That being said I am hesitant to preorder the super 7 figures and as for mythic legions I'll go to actionfigureHQ.com personally since they ship from Canada despite the USD prices.
Grosse Fidelity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 05:34 PM   #2064
sixshot1981
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napseeker View Post
$250 is the exact amount that Pedro Cabezuelo (who used to run a toy store called Toy Addict) ripped me off more than 10 years ago when he quietly shut down his store, leaving many collectors on the hook.

This is why I only pay by credit card when it comes to preorders for any item from an independent toy store. I never recovered my money from that dirtbag, and other collectors would be wise to file a claim asap if you suddenly stop hearing from a store you paid upfront to.
Two tier type of protection too might be to pay via Paypal using your CC. Paypal has a long case time as well - 6 months i think - where as most CC companies it's 3 months
sixshot1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2020, 03:52 PM   #2065
there_is_a_martens
Clonetrooper

Squirrel Girl on TRU.ca:

https://www.toysrus.ca/en/Hasbro-Mar.../34C21878.html
there_is_a_martens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 05:34 PM   #2066
Pran
Red Shirt

now if only i could find the cosmic ghost rider that amazon totally cancelled on me
Pran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 07:10 PM   #2067
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pran View Post
now if only i could find the cosmic ghost rider that amazon totally cancelled on me
That really sucks. Make sure you call and complain. The first time they cancelled a preorder on me (ML Beast) they gave me a $20 credit on my next purchase and the 2nd time they cancelled (Dr Doom) they credited me back $50 for a set of headphones I just bought.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:34 PM   #2068
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pran View Post
I saw Squirrel Girl and Cosmic Ghost Rider at Toys R us Buy one get one 50% off on Thursday. I wanted to pick them up but I was in a huge rush. I was at the Newmarket TRU in the Upper Canada Mall.
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2020, 08:36 PM   #2069
riderman
Master of the Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Jetfire View Post
That really sucks. Make sure you call and complain. The first time they cancelled a preorder on me (ML Beast) they gave me a $20 credit on my next purchase and the 2nd time they cancelled (Dr Doom) they credited me back $50 for a set of headphones I just bought.
I pre-ordered the Power Rangers Lightning Collection wave 4 in January and they cancelled my pre-orders just recently. Maybe I could call and complain?
riderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2020, 12:16 AM   #2070
Team Jetfire
Probably old for toys

Quote:
Originally Posted by riderman View Post
I pre-ordered the Power Rangers Lightning Collection wave 4 in January and they cancelled my pre-orders just recently. Maybe I could call and complain?
Do it. It’s worth the 15 min you maybe on the line. Explain that you are a collector that wants to rely on Amazon as a legitimate outlet, but if this keeps happening (and it will) you are not sure that you can continue ordering. Works better if you are a Prime member too.
Team Jetfire is offline   Reply With Quote